This is Incredible

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
We are 7-0, We have the Best offense in the NFL and we have so much room to improve. We have an Kicker with a big leg who has finally found his grove. We have a real return man for the first time in what ..... a decade or more? and we have a Defense that is banged up and has its best ball still ahead of it. Now we get two weeks rest.

What a glorious time to be a Packer Fan. San Diego is going to rock with the Green and Gold.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
We need to find a pass rush now...

...perhaps a defense in general? Hell, I'm not complaining...winning in this league is tough enough without gurgling about wins. :) I'll take it against the Vikies at their stadium ANY DAY!!

whoartthou

Cheesehead
Reaction score
7-0 is great, but the packers DEFENSE needs to improve big time.

Reminding me of the pats of last year (and this year lmao)

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Doesn't seem like we have the exotic blitzes we had last year...or is it just me!?? Maybe Capers is saving them for the post season.

OP
OP
realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I was seeing alot of blitzing today, we were pressuring. I mean how many times did the guy drop back 20 yards with one of our guys in hot pursuit before he threw it away. We also for the most part kept Peterson in check. The D still has a ways to go be remember Shields was out, Mathews, Woodson and Williams are all playing banged up, Burnett is playing one handed. We should see a pickup on the line when Neil returns. They aren't playing elite Defense yet but they are playing pretty damn good defense. They got that big play right off the back. A touchdown off of the fumbled punt and 3 points after that then the D shut them down for what a total of almost 30 minutes. That's half the game against a good team despite what there record is.

Don't worry, be happy. 7-0 baby, dance on the ceiling.

Reaction score
Doesn't seem like we have the exotic blitzes we had last year...or is it just me!?? Maybe Capers is saving them for the post season.
That could be a really good point... If he is keeping his great plays for the postseason, it could give us that extra push into the Super Bowl.

Todd Zacharias

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well remember Cullen Jenkins, he came back at the end of december and thats what really put us in the playoffs, besides michael vick coming from behind 25pts at halftime against the giants to knock them out of the race and put us in charge of our own destiny last year.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That could be a really good point... If he is keeping his great plays for the postseason, it could give us that extra push into the Super Bowl.

I love this view. I bet Capers playcalling is determined by how well our offense is doing. The mastermind could be giving opposing teams HORRIBLE film to watch. We could potentially be a completely different Defense in the post season.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
...perhaps a defense in general? Hell, I'm not complaining...winning in this league is tough enough without gurgling about wins. :) I'll take it against the Vikies at their stadium ANY DAY!!

how does that go?..... "ahhhhh woooooooooohaaaaaaaa....ha-haha-hahwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!"

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm happy and i agree with whats been said capers is laying in wait,why put all the cards on the table A-Rod and company put the game away happy we are 7-0

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I was seeing alot of blitzing today, we were pressuring. I mean how many times did the guy drop back 20 yards with one of our guys in hot pursuit before he threw it away. We also for the most part kept Peterson in check. The D still has a ways to go be remember Shields was out, Mathews, Woodson and Williams are all playing banged up, Burnett is playing one handed. We should see a pickup on the line when Neil returns. They aren't playing elite Defense yet but they are playing pretty damn good defense. They got that big play right off the back. A touchdown off of the fumbled punt and 3 points after that then the D shut them down for what a total of almost 30 minutes. That's half the game against a good team despite what there record is.

Pressure wasn't the problem. The defense was getting plenty of pressure. Coverage was a problem. It seemed like their receivers were given a lot of free space.

Reaction score
I love this view. I bet Capers playcalling is determined by how well our offense is doing. The mastermind could be giving opposing teams HORRIBLE film to watch. We could potentially be a completely different Defense in the post season.
Exactly. If anything, he will just pull out his money plays when it counts in the regular season like last drive in the fourth quarter and you need a stop or something. I still refuse the fact that Nick Collins, Jenkins (luckily we get Neal back after the bye), and an aging Woodson that either burns Qb's or gets burned, is causing this defense to go from an elite defense to the 2nd worst in the league.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score

When does he return? After the bye?

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
When does he return? After the bye?

I still say Neal will be a bit of help, but DE is not where the D needs the most help. Capers isn't using a true DE on the majority of snaps. He didn't last year and the pattern is still holding this year. In last night's game he used 2 down line man on a vast majority of plays. The true DE is only in for 25 to 30 percent of the plays.

Guacamole

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been thinking this too...about Capers not showing all his cards...but what has me in question is our offense...Rodgers should have had a lot more passing yardage. The 3rd quarter was a most impressive quarter,Pack score 20 to thier 0, the MM goes back to the running game(not to run up the score) and the Queens come back to within 6 pts.....

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Another
I've been thinking this too...about Capers not showing all his cards...but what has me in question is our offense...Rodgers should have had a lot more passing yardage. The 3rd quarter was a most impressive quarter,Pack score 20 to thier 0, the MM goes back to the running game(not to run up the score) and the Queens come back to within 6 pts.....

Another question is; "Why did the running game work so well in the end when the Vikings knew the Packers would run? Meanwhile, when the run was mixed in during the rest of the game it only had marginal success."

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We've seen this before. The O-Line picks up their game on the last drive to run the clock and win the game. They step up and start blowing people off the line and blow open holes. Not saying we don't see 100% effort earlier in the game on run blocking, just saying they know when to step up.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I had a feeling San Diego would screw up against the Jets.
Maybe Rex had a point, what he should have said was "Norv Turner is never going to get a ring in San Diego, maybe Marty would have one by now had you not fired him."

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
You know what I find incredible Rodgers passer rating was better than Brees and both of whom had incredible nights will be out-media'ed by Tebow. And not only that but the adjustments to our defense just during half time is incredible.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm impressed with Newhouse's play yesterday. It wasn't great. There were some plays that he looked downright bad, but Jarred Allen has been making LTs look bad all season long. The kid looked solid. We've finally got a good O-line, and with depth, no less. That's nice to see.

And regarding Neal, I've heard that his status is still totally up in the air. We're missing Cullen Jenkins big time.... Still 7-0, still confident that Capers can cover it. I'm looking for them to make a turn for the better after the bye.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So was a game that just didn't pan out the way it was on paper. We run the ball to close out the game on the #4 run defense and one of the worst secondaries contain our receivers inthe 4th

Members online

Latest posts