This is disturbing

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just saw this tweet from SEC contributor Cole Cubelic, and if true this is disturbing, unconscionable, disprespectful and unprofessional of Ted Thompson mostly but Brian Gutekunst as well

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to see the list of career TD's to 2nd round picks. I'd bet AR is really high on that list. Jordy, Jennings, Cobb, Adams.

Edit -

By my quick unofficial count I come up with 189.

Jordy - 65
Cobb - 39
Adams - 39
Jennings - 38
Lacy - 6
Brandon Jackson - 2

He might have thrown to a 2nd rounder who was drafted by another team.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It’s funny, every adjective used by the OP could be directed right back at OP and this thread lol

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do TDs to 1sr round picks count for more points?

Also, I did a little research myself.

Number of TD passes to players whose first name rhymes with "Nordy":

Brees 0
Brady 0
P Manning 0
Favre 0
Marino 0
Rivers 0
*Rodgers 69
Roethlisberger 0
Montana. 0
Marino. 0
Elway 0

Far and away the best. TT and Gute should be commended.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just saw this tweet from SEC contributor Cole Cubelic, and if true this is disturbing, unconscionable, disprespectful and unprofessional of Ted Thompson mostly but Brian Gutekunst as well

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They don't like facts, Flair.
So if a GM doesn't draft a first round WR that is unprofessional? Disturbing? Disrespectable?!? Unconscionable?!?!?!

And you think those descriptions of a GM that doesn't draft a WR in the first round constitutes a fact?

I sometimes really try to understand the world in which some people live. I think AR is placed on such a high level of adoration the thinking is the entire organization is there in order to serve him.

Personly, i never think any player is bigger or more important than the organization.

Simms87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Ted apologists never do PackAttack

Ted apologists? You’re aware that during all of Ted’s years, the Packers have had a top 5 or at least top 10 receiving group? Or which season under Ted Thompson haven’t we had a good receiver room? Thanks for clarifying.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When you have a receiving corps consisting of Jordy, Driver, Jones, Cobb, Adams, Jennings, and even Finley over the years, there isn't a lot of point in investing a first round pick in a WR.

The complaint in that regard could be made in the last few years, but overall, nobody can complain about the weapons that Rodgers has had for the majority of his career. Very few teams had passing weapons as good, or better, than Rodgers in his prime.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Ted apologists never do PackAttack

Ted drafted Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, Jermichael Finley, Davante Adams, and James Jones. Even Eddie Lacy was a good weapon Ted drafted.

Ted had his faults, especially late in his career, but anybody complaining about the receiving weapons he brought Rodgers is being willfully ignorant.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
So if a GM doesn't draft a first round WR that is unprofessional? Disturbing? Disrespectable?!? Unconscionable?!?!?!

And you think those descriptions of a GM that doesn't draft a WR in the first round constitutes a fact?

I sometimes really try to understand the world in which some people live. I think AR is placed on such a high level of adoration the thinking is the entire organization is there in order to serve him.

Personly, i never think any player is bigger or more important than the organization.
Wow. Talk about triggered. Ha.

The fact is the content. Not the messaging that the person was trying to portray. You missed the boat entirely.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow. Talk about triggered. Ha.

The fact is the content. Not the messaging that the person was trying to portray. You missed the boat entirely.

The content was that it was disturbing, unconscionable, disprespectful and unprofessional of Ted Thompson to not draft a first round WR, TE, or RB.

It's a horrifically stupid statement from the OP when one considers the offensive weapons Rodgers had for the majority of his prime.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
The content was that it was disturbing, unconscionable, disprespectful and unprofessional of Ted Thompson to not draft a first round WR, TE, or RB.

It's a horrifically stupid statement from the OP when one considers the offensive weapons Rodgers had for the majority of his prime.
I definitely understand that. But the assumption shouldn’t have been made that’s what I was talking about. Perhaps I should have clarified.

I’m not one of the mindless babbling morons (at least I don’t think :laugh: ) that take jabs just for the hell of it. I’ve more than acknowledged that Thompson was a great GM for far longer than he was a mediocre one and that for much of Rodgers career, he’s had weapons around him.

Still and all though, to have never had a first round skill position guy drafted in 15+ years? Especially with where The Packers have allowed it to get to in recent years, well that’s something of a tough pill to swallow.

There are some that believe Rodgers has regressed. There are some that believe it’s mostly a lack of talent and/or familiarity with the new offense and some injuries in recent years. The problem is, I’ve said that Rodgers play has been subpar to his standards in recent years. But to some, I’ve had the temerity to suggest that his cast of wide receivers last year pales in comparison to years past. I mean, talk about the audacity of me to make such a claim.

But by all means. Continue shopping on the 70% off rack for receivers while Rodgers only gets older. Because yes. I have acknowledged he isn’t quite the same player he used to be. Contrary to others thinking I heap God like praise on him. Lol.

OP
OP
R

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted drafted Greg Jennings, Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb, Jermichael Finley, Davante Adams, and James Jones. Even Eddie Lacy was a good weapon Ted drafted.

Ted had his faults, especially late in his career, but anybody complaining about the receiving weapons he brought Rodgers is being willfully ignorant.

Ted's 1s were the always impressive Justin Harrell, Damarius Randall, Haha Clinton-Dix, Derek Sherrod, I could also add Nick Perry and Datone Jones to this wonderfully impressive list but won't.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score

Agree 100%. I swear to god, after this past week, and all the "how disrespectful Gute and LaFleur have been to AR12", that the team from Green Bay was known as the Green Bay Aaron Rodgers, instead of the Green Bay Packers.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted Thompson a great GM?.... He had a team that backed into a Super Bowl after losing the division ONLY because somebody (can recall who) missed a fairly routine FG to let them squeak into the playoffs. Great run, great story.... but if a 40 yard FG gets made ... TT never achieves ANYthing and Rodgers is a poor man’s Dan Marino. Nothing against the player because he probably did the best he could... but Hot Tub Harrell?..... guy SKIPS his senior season.... SKIPS the combine (physically unable to perform) and Ted Thompson steps up “yeah.... I’ll take that dude”... I think Rodgers started reading his own press clippings several years ago, has (always had) a sense of entitlement, and his performance has obviously declined over the years. To think the Packers should sit back and R-E-L-A-X on the assumption the Rodgers is going to perform “at a high level” into his 40’s is laughable. He hasn’t performed at a high level for 4-5 years.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
This stat is really pretty useless considering Rodgers has played with 5 pro-bowlers. Who cares what round they were taken. Does anyone remember John Ross being taken 9th overall?

Draft position does not matter if you are taking guys in the 2nd-URFA and turning them into pro-bowlers.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted Thompson a great GM?.... He had a team that backed into a Super Bowl after losing the division ONLY because somebody (can recall who) missed a fairly routine FG to let them squeak into the playoffs. Great run, great story.... but if a 40 yard FG gets made ... TT never achieves ANYthing and Rodgers is a poor man’s Dan Marino. Nothing against the player because he probably did the best he could... but Hot Tub Harrell?..... guy SKIPS his senior season.... SKIPS the combine (physically unable to perform) and Ted Thompson steps up “yeah.... I’ll take that dude”... I think Rodgers started reading his own press clippings several years ago, has (always had) a sense of entitlement, and his performance has obviously declined over the years. To think the Packers should sit back and R-E-L-A-X on the assumption the Rodgers is going to perform “at a high level” into his 40’s is laughable. He hasn’t performed at a high level for 4-5 years.
Yes.

Ted Thompson was unquestionably a great GM.

You don't back in to a Super Bowl. C'mon.

TexasCheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Are you always the contrarian in posts Amish? Seems like every times Im lurking through posts you tend to be that guy.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you always the contrarian in posts Amish? Seems like every times Im lurking through posts you tend to be that guy.
It's a good thing to be a contrarian in posts by certain people. Simple question, do you think it's fair to imply Rodgers hasn't had ample passing targets for the vast majority of his career, or not?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes.

Ted Thompson was unquestionably a great GM.

You don't back in to a Super Bowl. C'mon.
Built the Seahawks into a Super Bowl team, took over an old and strapped Packers team and put them in position to play for super bowls with Favre again, but he got old and cold and ended our chances with an INT again.

Then built another super bowl worth team, that did win one. Dealt with some more roster changes and built another team for a run with 2014 being probably the peak and saw '15 and '16 suffer because of injuries to a lot of guys, but without going thru that

Seattle and GB 3 different times poised to play for and win super bowls. Obviously, the guys a bum LOL