This Forum....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just read the "Brett on another team" thread and I must say that I am completely disgusted with what some of the alleged "fans" on this forum are posting lately. As such, and without naming names, I thought I would point out a few things:

Being a Packer fan does not mean you have to agree with management all the time.

I personally like some things TT has done, but IMO he has done a lot more that I don't like. Being critical of his leadership does not mean I hate the Packers. On the contrary, it shows I want them to succeed. If I feel that the team would prosper under a different GM, it is my right as a fan to state as much. I am really getting fed up with some of the regulars of this forum who continually chime in and question our love for this team because you demonstrate anything but undying lotalty to TT.

Being a Packer fan does not mean hating Favre when he criticizes management.

I was not at all surprised with Brett now hinting he may want to finish his career somewhere else than Green Bay. TT entered this season with the second-most cap space in the league, and chose to simply keep key players, upgrade a few defensive positions and build the offense through the draft. This offense does not look a helluva lot different than last year's, with the exception of not having Walker as a deep threat. TT could have signed an impact receiver to take his place, but chose not to. Now we have the same lacklustre offense we had last season, with a new coaching staff, new scheme and same porous oline. Is it any wonder Favre is getting fed up before the season begins?

Brett is the heart, soul and leader of this team.

I can't believe someone had the audacity to post that Brett is not a leader. He has demonstrated nothing but leadership on and off the field for the past 15 years. He showed exemplary leadership telling Walker to shut it when he took his crybaby routine to the national media. He has showed team leadership by playing through injury and personal tragedy. He has praised the team at times when they aren't so good, hoping such praise would instill the confidence needed to make them better. He has taken a mediocre franchise, raised it to the upper echalons of the league and was insrumental in bringing the Lombardi home for the first time in 30 or so years. How exactly do you take someone seriously who does not understand this?

Posting criticism of Packer management is in no way "baiting".

To the poster who continally whines that someone is "baiting" when they call out TT for the current mess the team is in: Get a life. This is a forum where people are passionate about their team and its future. If you can't handle the fact that some of us think TT is a bad GM, or that we disagree with you that he is the Second Coming of Christ, please post somewhere else. This is the Free World, not **** Germany. If you can't take the heat, get out of the crematorium.

Personally, I feel this forum has went from the premiere source for Packer news and discussion, to a seething flame pit of childish behaviour. If the mods want to call this post "baiting" and impose a ban for two weeks, I really don't care. There is precious little on this forum as of late that I am really going to miss. If I wanted to read post after post of immaturity and namecalling, I would spend my time trolling alt.satanism. :roll:

Moderators: From the responses this post is bound to generate, it will be quite apparent who farted in the elevator. I suggest keeping a close eye on this thread and draw your own conclusions.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

kewlbeans

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't believe someone had the audacity to post that Brett is not a leader

Agreed

I avoided reading that thread because I knew I would only get pissed by either the article or the responses. But eventually broke down and clicked on it . I regret it .

mineral723

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As an outsider, I completely understand the insinuation that Brett wants out of Green Bay. Come on, guys... He gave you more than ten good years and he's getting older. Now this Green Bay team can't protect him the way a quarterback of his age and style. If he played for my favorite team, I'd send him off with a smile and thank him for the great years in a green uniform.

I totally understand the guy wanting one more legitimate shot at another title. Whether it's with GB or not, he deserves it. He's been a great asset to the NFL and your city, but I think if he were chucking balls in Dallas, he'd be a completely different QB. He'd have targets, a line to protect him, and a beneficial running game.

My analogy would be like... If you were married to Favre and you lost your job and house, would you blame him for leaving you for someone with their **** together? No, you'd wish him well and hope for his happiness in exchange for all he's done for your team's legacy and your town. In the meantime, your team should get its act together so that another good QB wouldn't be ashamed to play for you.

As a Detroit native and a Lions fan, I still wanted Barry to get a ring before he opted into total retirement. He definitely paid his dues, just as Favre had, and he deserved to be a champion, just as Favre still deserves it.

But in conclusion, Green Bay isn't the place for Favre right now... and he would undoubtedly do much better with Dallas or Chicago... even though I know how much you would hate to see him go to Chi-town.

OP
OP
A

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mineral723 said:
As an outsider, I completely understand the insinuation that Brett wants out of Green Bay. Come on, guys... He gave you more than ten good years and he's getting older. Now this Green Bay team can't protect him the way a quarterback of his age and style. If he played for my favorite team, I'd send him off with a smile and thank him for the great years in a green uniform.

I would personally hate to see Brett in another uniform, but I would support him in whatever decision he makes for his future. He has earned my respect both on and off the field. I just find it very sad that TT has done so little to the team this year that it's heart and soul is considering playing somewhere else.

I really hope this makes TT wake up, but with one week to go before regular season I am afraid it is already too late for him to do anything about it.

Gotta love the legacy you are creating for yourself, Ted. :roll:

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the last time BRETT FAVRE DOES NOT WANT OUT OF GREEN BAY. HE DIDN'T SAY HE WANTS OUT OF GREEN BAY. He said that if the organization wanted to start over, that he would be willing to go to a new team. He isn't going to ask to be traded and he hasn't said that he doesn't want to stay with the team. He just said in effect, that he loves football and will keep playing it even if the Packers don't want him anymore. There is nothing wrong with saying that but I now wish he didn't say such a thing because people are apparently unable to comprehend what he said. It isn't that tough of a concept. Favre love football. If Packers want start over Favre play wherever people want Favre play. Bottom line, Favre play football. It's pretty simple duders.

OP
OP
A

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SuperRat said:
For the last time BRETT FAVRE DOES NOT WANT OUT OF GREEN BAY. HE DIDN'T SAY HE WANTS OUT OF GREEN BAY. He said that if the organization wanted to start over, that he would be willing to go to a new team. He isn't going to ask to be traded and he hasn't said that he doesn't want to stay with the team. He just said in effect, that he loves football and will keep playing it even if the Packers don't want him anymore. There is nothing wrong with saying that but I now wish he didn't say such a thing because people are apparently unable to comprehend what he said. It isn't that tough of a concept. Favre love football. If Packers want start over Favre play wherever people want Favre play. Bottom line, Favre play football. It's pretty simple duders.

If that is the case, then why did he say anything at all?

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

Reaction score
Anubis, I would say that lately this forum has been A LOT better then the past couple of weeks.

Ultimately Rome wasn't built in a day, it takes time to get rid of the childish stuff.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He said something at all because he asked if he could see himself playing for another team, like Joe Montana. He answered the question. He didn't randomly call a press conference just to say this. He was asked a question and he answered it. He loves the game and wants to play.

OP
OP
A

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Anubis, I would say that lately this forum has been A LOT better then the past couple of weeks.

Ultimately Rome wasn't built in a day, it takes time to get rid of the childish stuff.

AADP,

Actually I have noticed that in other threads. It was the Favre thread that inspired me to start this one. A lot of what was posted within in it exemplifies what has been wrong with this forum as of late.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

OP
OP
A

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SuperRat said:
He said something at all because he asked if he could see himself playing for another team, like Joe Montana. He answered the question. He didn't randomly call a press conference just to say this. He was asked a question and he answered it. He loves the game and wants to play.

OK... I didn't hear the conference, I just read what was posted about it.

Thanks for the clarification.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

Reaction score
I know who you meant Anubis, and I myself do disagree with his interpretation of the events.

Ultimately people are the way they are, you can't change them. The problem now is that people think even a little remark is baiting, and come to us to suspend people, and when we try to explain their comments were justified, they go on and spread the preception that the mods were only blowing smoke.

I share your concern, and we are doing what we can to get the discussion back on track. Childish behaviour won't be tolerated anymore, and if people think we are blowing smoke they can gladly test us.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lately the forums have left me a little confused. I'm not one to get heated so maybe I don't understand but I've never even heard the concept of baiting. It may be a childish thread but then why do people bother entering it. If not responded they do die. I think it's good to police the posters who don't respect but I think no better of the ones who cry baiting all the time. Didn't you learn how to walk away when you were 5 years old. BTW As a final positive note I do find this to be the greatest forum online. Keep up the good work aadp you're doing a fair job

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Rome wasnt built in a day.

Packerforum.com cant be fixed in a day.

The Green Bay Packers cannot be fixed in a day.

yet somehow people insist that it all could have been

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:

:agree:

(or...just be creative)

OP
OP
A

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:

I disagree. An "Ignore" feature would go a long way to improving the overal quality of this forum.

Packnic said:

There is a big difference between acknowledging a problem, and actively doing something to correct it. I find it disappointing that some people that post here can't seem to tell the difference.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah thats right. id back YOU though, cuz you know more. lets do it. lets get the packers back to the superbowl. thats what we all want, right? LETS DO IT! GO PACKERS!

OP
OP
A

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
lets do it. lets get the packers back to the superbowl. thats what we all want, right? LETS DO IT! GO PACKERS!

This is about the only thing you have posted since the FA that we actually agree on.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thetombradyhater said:
random question Anubis: do you type
"GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedely"

everytime you post or is that part of your sig that gets quoted for some reason?

excellent question, TBH!!! one i've been pondering for quite some time myself. so, what's the deal, anubis??

OP
OP
A

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
has anyone in this forum ever built a team that went to the superbowl?

No. I have not.

I understand you are implying that because I am not an NFL GM, nor built a Superbowl winning team, that I am not qualified to criticize TT's decisions. However I would like to point out that you have never been President of the United States, but that has ever stopped you from criticizing The White House.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts