This day, June 11, 1919.. an landmark day in Packer History!

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
June 11, 1919

Called together by Curly Lambeau and George Calhoun, a group of athletes gathered in the editorial room of the old Green Bay Press-Gazette building to organize a football team and begin the incredible saga of the Green Bay Packers.

Rejoice my fellow Cheeseheads.. rejoice. Oh happy day.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
June 11, 1919

Called together by Curly Lambeau and George Calhoun, a group of athletes gathered in the editorial room of the old Green Bay Press-Gazette building to organize a football team and begin the incredible saga of the Green Bay Packers.

Rejoice my fellow Cheeseheads.. rejoice. Oh happy day.

AND.... ON THE EXACT SAME DAY June 11, 1919, possibly at the exact same moment Sir. Curly, Sir. George, and a group of Athletes sat in that room organizing a football team that began the incredible saga of The Green Bay Packers....

ON The Exact same day June 11th 1919, possibly at the exact same moment they were sitting in that room? Sir Barton became the 1st horse to win the Triple Crown.

There have been 11 Triple Crown Winners since June 11th 1919.

The Packers Have 12 Championships since June 11th 1919.

I am glad Big Brown lost last Saturday.

Packer Championships 12
Triple Crown Winners 11

We still have the lead.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wanted to re-iterate that Pack93z was the only guy I heard talk about this today. Nice find that should have been on a front page somewhere in the general media.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack93z Post subject: This day, June 11, 1919.. an landmark day in Packer History!
Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:46 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
June 11, 1919

Rejoice my fellow Cheeseheads.. rejoice. Oh happy day."

Pack 93z-I think you will find that the date of that meeting was August 11, 1919. You are 2 months ahead in celebrating that happy day.

Sources: packers.com The official website of the Green Bay Packers.

Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

PWT36- pf.com site historian and Green Bay born and rasied very long time Packer fan of over 60 years.

OP
OP
Pack93z

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Well that is the last time I use the nfl.com site as a source.. they had it as 6/11..

:Wipes egg off face: :lol:

flep

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack93z Post subject: This day, June 11, 1919.. an landmark day in Packer History!
Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:46 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
June 11, 1919

Rejoice my fellow Cheeseheads.. rejoice. Oh happy day."

Pack 93z-I think you will find that the date of that meeting was August 11, 1919. You are 2 months ahead in celebrating that happy day.

Sources: packers.com The official website of the Green Bay Packers.

Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

PWT36- pf.com site historian and Green Bay born and rasied very long time Packer fan of over 60 years.

August the 11th!!!!

Great

I'll be on holiday in Spain on an all inclusive holiday.

One more reason to get totally blooted!!!!!!!!!!

Members online

Latest posts