There's only one question left...

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How many guys are there out there like CM3? Not many, that's how many. They either accel at rushing the pasher and are average in coverage or can't rush the passer worth a crap and are decent in coverage. You can't be 275+ LBS and be decent in coverage and if you are to much of a light weight, you wont get past the big linemen, they will knock you on your ***. It is a give and take, always has been. Once in a while you find that gem that can do both well, has the speed to cover and the muscle and hussle to rush well....but that is the rarity, not the normal. Asking someone who dropped down from 300+ down to 275-ish to learn how to drop back into coverage is a lot to ask in one season. He was originally built to do one task, and now you want him to do both, and do them both very well. Have you played football....ever?

I didn't aske Neal to do anything..the coaches asked him to drop to 275 and play olb. If it was up to me i would have kept him at DE and actually used a guy who is a lb'r to play lb'r but i guess i would be wrong for that to huh? If he was built for one task then why the hell is he trying to cover people? and looking bad in the process? and yes i have played football... all my life. Iwas an All State wr/cb and was invited to play in the Big 33 Football classic...I got offers to play at Ohio State, Michigan State, EVERY MAC school, Purdue, Kentucky, Clemson and North Carolina. Football is what my family is known for where i'm from so chew on that.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I didn't aske Neal to do anything..the coaches asked him to drop to 275 and play olb. If it was up to me i would have kept him at DE and actually used a guy who is a lb'r to play lb'r but i guess i would be wrong for that to huh? If he was built for one task then why the hell is he trying to cover people? and looking bad in the process? and yes i have played football... all my life. Iwas an All State wr/cb and was invited to play in the Big 33 Football classic...I got offers to play at Ohio State, Michigan State, EVERY MAC school, Purdue, Kentucky, Clemson and North Carolina. Football is what my family is known for where i'm from so chew on that.

WOW...with such a football resume I would think that you wouldn't talk such crazy ideas half the time.......it's amazing that all those big name schools gave ya offers, yet ya didn't accept......wow. (hope people can actually catch that sarcasm). So I guess I can chew on that.....lol

D

Dan115

And you played college ball where?

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WOW...with such a football resume I would think that you wouldn't talk such crazy ideas half the time.......it's amazing that all those big name schools gave ya offers, yet ya didn't accept......wow. (hope people can actually catch that sarcasm). So I guess I can chew on that.....lol

Who says i didn't accept any of those offers? because i don't remember typing that. then again what difference does it make? That has nothing to do with the thread.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
You are right, this is off topic....My bad...lol

Exactly.... I have the same question

With the lack of understanding that you display, I am almost required to question your post. Anyone with that much of a football back ground and resume would not make such outlandish posts about who to draft, who to pick up in free agency, how to run a team etc etc..... Someone with that back ground would have a tighter grasp on the " how to " of the game and management.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Bowling Green State University. I went there because they agreed to let me play baseball as well coming out of highschool just in case you wanted to know. I attended Ohio State for my Graduate Degree.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are right, this is off topic....My bad...lol

Exactly.... I have the same question

With the lack of understanding that you display, I am almost required to question your post. Anyone with that much of a football back ground and resume would not make such outlandish posts about who to draft, who to pick up in free agency, how to run a team etc etc..... Someone with that back ground would have a tighter grasp on the " how to " of the game and management.

So wait? Anyone who has played college ball should make a great GM? is that what you are implying? haha. Matt Millen played in the league and was a terrible GM but he should have a tighter grasp on the "how to" of the game and managemnet to right? because of his football background and resume? ok i get it now.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Sure Rodell, that must have been what I was saying.....nice way to TRY to turn this around or make a poor attempt at a play on words. You know damn well what I meant. If you didn't take any type of english or college level reading classes, you should have because you are showing a clear lack of comprehension..... or just trying to dodge a bullet. So, anyone that HAS indeed played that much football, been invited to play at a college level : Should have a better understanding of what it takes to have a winning team; to include players, leadership, and a better overall understanding of the game and its aspects. Clearly, by your multitude of whacky off the wall ideas and or just plain ol head scratching posts that make little to no sense, you clearly do not have the type of football grasp that you SHOULD have with all your claims you made.

Why do I feel like this is feeding a troll? I may just end up using that nifty ingore button. In this case I may re-name it, the "Anti-bullsh!t" button.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure Rodell, that must have been what I was saying.....nice way to TRY to turn this around or make a poor attempt at a play on words. You know damn well what I meant. If you didn't take any type of english or college level reading classes, you should have because you are showing a clear lack of comprehension..... or just trying to dodge a bullet. So, anyone that HAS indeed played that much football, been invited to play at a college level : Should have a better understanding of what it takes to have a winning team; to include players, leadership, and a better overall understanding of the game and its aspects. Clearly, by your multitude of whacky off the wall ideas and or just plain ol head scratching posts that make little to no sense, you clearly do not have the type of football grasp that you SHOULD have with all your claims you made.

Why do I feel like this is feeding a troll? I may just end up using that nifty ingore button. In this case I may re-name it, the "Anti-bullsh!t" button.

Haha..... if it makes you feel better go for it. Trust me when i say i don't have anything to prove to anyone in here buddy that's for sure. If i'm such a troll then why not just ignore me? guess that makes to much sense eh? please do me the favor. Otherwise shut up and quit complaining about what you don't like about me or what i have to say. Have a nice day :)

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry, but the urge was overwhelming to call bullsh!t. I call it like I smell it...... and right now......you stink of it man.

Do you have a man crush on me bro? like seriously? You know when you take a dump and sometimes you have that little turd nugget that just won't go away? no matter how many times you flush the toilet? haha that's what you remind me of right now. I'm going to start calling you Mr. Hanky haha from that cartoon south Park haha.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Nope, I just have a fine tuned BS detector and it is at an all time high with you. If you want to resort to giving away nicknames because people question the utter garbage that you spewed out, fine by me. But from here on out, you will be known as the bullet dodger/full-o-crap/BS'er/ or the ever popular "liar.liar pants on fire". So go ahead with that last ditch effort of dip dodge and duck.....if all you can do is give out nick names copied from a played out cartoon, then so be it........ maybe you need to go back to that big time football college and learn to.....oh,wait......you didn't, nevermind.

bear7625

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think TT has done a good job overall, but he's backed himself into a corner. Rodgers absence has exposed our team for what it is. If TT feels he has drafted good players then he has to address coaching. If nothing is wrong with coaching.......nuff said!

OP
OP
H

HardRightEdge

Hey, can we get back on topic?

Let's say we put the over/under on starters+coaches being "fired" (i.e., gone by 2014 OTAs) at 7.

What do you think?

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Dom is not gone after this year, there is something seriously wrong with McCarthy:

1. Dom has a proven record of strong starts followed quickly by dismal failures.

2. Yes, the players are playing horribly bad fundamental football, but Dom also seems outcoached all the time.

3. I do not fully blame Dom for the defensive failures, however the combination of players we have now with Dom as their coach is flat out not working. I make no speculations of any kind about the chemistry between Dom and the players at all, however all you have to do is watch the games to realize that either everyone on our defense short of CM3, Shields and Hawk (who is just serviceable) pretty much sucks and plays with no passion, aggression or pride.

Bottom line is the defense is just horrible and something needs to change. Dom has been given enough chances and has failed this team repeatedly which should have been in at least one more superbowl by now.

It is flat out time for a change.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey, can we get back on topic?

Let's say we put the over/under on starters+coaches being "fired" (i.e., gone by 2014 OTAs) at 7.

What do you think?

Over. Finley, Neal, Starks, EDS, Raji, MD Jennings, and Newhouse i would think for sure. Maybe throw in Jame Jones as well..i like him but i'm afraid Boykin has made him expndable. Hopefully not.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Dom is not gone after this year, there is something seriously wrong with McCarthy:

1. Dom has a proven record of strong starts followed quickly by dismal failures.

2. Yes, the players are playing horribly bad fundamental football, but Dom also seems outcoached all the time.

3. I do not fully blame Dom for the defensive failures, however the combination of players we have now with Dom as their coach is flat out not working. I make no speculations of any kind about the chemistry between Dom and the players at all, however all you have to do is watch the games to realize that either everyone on our defense short of CM3, Shields and Hawk (who is just serviceable) pretty much sucks and plays with no passion, aggression or pride.

Bottom line is the defense is just horrible and something needs to change. Dom has been given enough chances and has failed this team repeatedly which should have been in at least one more superbowl by now.

It is flat out time for a change.

Yea last yr and the year we got spank'd by the Gants at Home. Thought we had a real shot at another trophy.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're right. Let's ask Mike Neal to cut a few pounds so he can lumber back on coverage when he's not pushing 300 pounders around. Oh yeah, we already had him do that. The upside of the 3-4 is the Oline doesn't know who to block because a different LB crosses the line. Makes sense! But offenses have figured it out by keeping a 250# TE in and putting using speedy 200# RBs to make the catch >10 yards down field. It's happening a lot. It's not tackling. Its scheme. The only hope is greater penetration, a lower average time to pass and tighter coverage in the first 15 yards.

So the question should be, "Where's the beef?!" Either the big guys get it done like they did in September or mgt shows their beef and gets rid of Capers. He's been given a lot of capital & our defense has mostly stunk since he's been here.

If success is measured by how high you go after a fall, let's hope the Bears' SNAP of #12 makes our team stronger. Yes, this is what our team looks like without a HoF QB... like any other team. Average at best.

So how does what you're saying show that Capers is the problem? Would a different coordinator make Neal better in coverage? We don't have the players at linebacker. It's a weakness that TT has never solved. How does a differnt coordinator change that?

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Let's say we put the over/under on starters+coaches being "fired" (i.e., gone by 2014 OTAs) at 7.What do you think?
I think that's an interesting question. If Capers gets fired and they hire someone outside the current staff, it could be way over 7 (counting starters gone too). If they promote someone on the staff to DC, I'd guess there'd be less turnover.

With regard to starters are you talking about all starters? For example what if they offer to Raji $8M/year (gag) but another team pays him more? That's a starter gone but not because they "fired" him. Same thing if Finley's injury is career-ending.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Which offer did you take?

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure if another DC would solve anything, but that doesn't mean that you don't try.

I'm fine with trying, i really am. I just wouldn't expect a coordinator to be the solution. Coaching makes a difference but you still need players to execute.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts