The thing that stings the most...

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
OK, am I alone? I love the Packers, but it doesn't sting. They were Super Bowl Champions, had an amazing year, set all kind of records and this all coming after a lockout. It's a game. They had an great season. There were many years I would have loved to have seen the Pack have this kind of season. It's all about perspective. And it's a game played by professionals for our entertainment. It isn't meant to make people suicidal or drive them to tweet death threats. I had a lot of fun watching them this season. I'm not going to spoil that fun by wishing for "what might have been".

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK, am I alone? I love the Packers, but it doesn't sting. They were Super Bowl Champions, had an amazing year, set all kind of records and this all coming after a lockout. It's a game. They had an great season. There were many years I would have loved to have seen the Pack have this kind of season. It's all about perspective. And it's a game played by professionals for our entertainment. It isn't meant to make people suicidal or drive them to tweet death threats. I had a lot of fun watching them this season. I'm not going to spoil that fun by wishing for "what might have been".

This is where I am at now, but believe me, I wasn't this clear headed 3 days to a week after the game. Then I had swords of vengeance, dragon's fire, hounds of hell, Tony Soprano on speed dial, The Godfather, and concrete shoes on my mind. I'm not one to tweet death threats because of the FEDs, but believe me, my cage was rattled and it took me time to put everything into perspective.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
This is where I am at now, but believe me, I wasn't this clear headed 3 days to a week after the game. Then I had swords of vengeance, dragon's fire, hounds of hell, Tony Soprano on speed dial, The Godfather, and concrete shoes on my mind. I'm not one to tweet death threats because of the FEDs, but believe me, my cage was rattled and it took me time to put everything into perspective.

I think when I read that Coach Philbin's son's body was found in the river right before the New York game, it was an eye opener about the difference between life and professional sports. Having come really close to meeting the grim reaper personally, I empathized with the dynamic the death of that boy had on the team. I just don't think the playoffs were so overpowering compelling for the team in light of real life and death. I know when I read about it, the rest of the season took on somewhat of a diminished importance in my eyes. Death is a creepy thing and it is permanent. It makes a game a whole lot less important. This sounds calloused, but it wasn't like when Brett's dad died. Folks kind of expect older people to die. But when a kid dies, it affects you. I've held dying kids in my arms. You're never the same after that. Immediately after their death you are dramatically affected. In time the affect changes, but it never leaves you. At least it never did me.

So I really expected the team to lose to the Giants in light of these thoughts. I just couldn't see how they could go on and have any heart in the game. I know they said they wanted to win it for Coach Philbin. But I wonder if in the back of their mind they were thinking, "How does a game matter when someone in your "family" just lost a 21 year old boy?" When folks say it didn't seem like the team had their heads and hearts in the game, this is what comes to my mind. It would seem an emotional disjuncture for me, if I was a player, to go on with the post season like nothing ever happened.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You need a job? We could use a gal like you. What do you know about the quilting racket?

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There would be a lot less wars and conflict and maybe more attention to the environment too.
And housewives/home makers would get well deserved pay.
I don't know about less wars. I think there would be more - just smaller. USA would suspend diplomatic ties with Paraguay after we found out they told Chile that our GNP was exaggerated when Paraguay PROMISED not to tell anyone and then that Chile went and told that gosipy ***** Argentina and now its all over South America. And who is that **** Argentina to talk? That national debt they are sporting is a much higher percentage and if they have higher unemployement than that lazy no good Guyana, who, by the way is definitely eyeing Columbia trade partner status with Brazil. Oh, and don't get me going on that ******! Why, to hear the Uraguains talking about Brazil . . . .

You know - I got a really really weird sense of humor.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
There would be a lot less wars and conflict and maybe more attention to the environment too.
And housewives/home makers would get well deserved pay.

I've been married for about 32 years. Experience tells me if women ran the country there would be a new war about once a month...(ducking and running right now.)

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been married for about 32 years. Experience tells me if women ran the country there would be a new war about once a month...(ducking and running right now.)
I've been married nearly 48 years but I get your drift. ;)

Let me add this: If women ruled the world there would be no wars. Just a bunch of jealous countries not talking to each other.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score

A little off thread but still needs to be said...as a little reminder to all you fellows.
It's not difficult to make a woman happy. A man only needs to be:
1. A friend
2. A companion
3. A lover
4. A brother
5.. A father
6. A master
7. A chef
8. An electrician
9. A carpenter
10. A plumber
11. A mechanic
12. A decorator
13. A stylist
14. A sexologist
15. A gynecologist
16. A psychologist
17. A pest exterminator
18. A psychiatrist
19. A healer
20. A good listener
21. An organizer
22. A good father
23. Very clean
24. Sympathetic
25. Athletic
26. Warm
27. Attentive
28. Gallant
29. Intelligent
30. Funny
31. Creative
32. Tender
33. Strong
34... Understanding
35. Tolerant
36. Prudent
37. Ambitious
38. Capable
39. Courageous
40. Determined
41. True
42. Dependable
43. Passionate
44. Compassionate

WITHOUT FORGETTING TO:

45. Give her compliments regularly
46. Love shopping
47. Be honest
48. Be very rich
49. Not stress her out
50. Not look at other girls

AND AT THE SAME TIME, YOU MUST ALSO:

51. Give her lots of attention, but expect little yourself
52. Give her lots of time, especially time for herself
53. Give her lots of space, never worrying about where she goes

IT IS VERY IMPORTANT:

54. Never to forget:
* birthdays
* anniversaries
* arrangements she makes

HOW TO MAKE A MAN HAPPY

1. Show up naked
2. Bring alcohol

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
You need a job? We could use a gal like you. What do you know about the quilting racket?

Maybe it would work. I know what a drive by sounds like in Amish country.....

Clip clop... clip clop.... clip clop... bang ...clip clop... clip clop... clip clop.

Could you guys use a few good hitmen?

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe it would work. I know what a drive by sounds like in Amish country.....

Clip clop... clip clop.... clip clop... bang ...clip clop... clip clop... clip clop.

Could you guys use a few good hitmen?
LOL. HitPerson. We may be backward in our technology, but we respects da *****es.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
A little off thread but still needs to be said...as a little reminder to all you fellows.
It's not difficult to make a woman happy. A man only needs to be...

LOL.

Of the whole list (which I quickly scanned), the only one that I truly recall was "Show up Naked" for the women. The alcohol part actually is quite optional.

However, my wife analyzed the entire man's list in detail and commented that you forgot to include "Garbage Collector".

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts