the schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjb12681

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not trying to see glass half full, but am I the only one who hates the breakup of the schedule?

Between rivalry games, road games (west coast) setup like an mlb schedule, back to back Thursday primetime games ( usually have a short week followed by 10 day rest) the only positive I see after week 6 is the bye in week 7.

We go bye, then go to Denver (late game) then to the east coast to Carolina ( another road playoff game), at home against the lions, then back on the road to Minny, then bears on thanksgiving (short week) followed by on the road to lions again ( short week, Thursday to Thursday), followed BT the cowboys, then back on the road, west coast to Oakland late, stay on west coast for cards late, and back hone for rivalry game to close.

I love my team, and think we can win all of these, but damn, the reality of this type of up down up down Sunday Thursday late early mid late, west coast east coast schedule is going to play mind games and throw off some important timing, sleep, and comfort.

Hell, Seattle, sf and chicago ain't gonna be a cakewalk to start 3/4 in sept either.

Maybe I'm over worried, but this seems like a gauntlet to me.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not trying to see glass half full, but am I the only one who hates the breakup of the schedule?

Between rivalry games, road games (west coast) setup like an mlb schedule, back to back Thursday primetime games ( usually have a short week followed by 10 day rest) the only positive I see after week 6 is the bye in week 7.

We go bye, then go to Denver (late game) then to the east coast to Carolina ( another road playoff game), at home against the lions, then back on the road to Minny, then bears on thanksgiving (short week) followed by on the road to lions again ( short week, Thursday to Thursday), followed BT the cowboys, then back on the road, west coast to Oakland late, stay on west coast for cards late, and back hone for rivalry game to close.

I love my team, and think we can win all of these, but damn, the reality of this type of up down up down Sunday Thursday late early mid late, west coast east coast schedule is going to play mind games and throw off some important timing, sleep, and comfort.

Hell, Seattle, sf and chicago ain't gonna be a cakewalk to start 3/4 in sept either.

Maybe I'm over worried, but this seems like a gauntlet to me.

Outside of Rodgers being hurt, we've beaten the Bears every time since 2010. The Panthers were the worst playoff team last season who we blew out. Traveling to Oakland still doesn't make the Raiders any good. The Lions have lost the strength of their team. Having Thursday games back to back just makes the 10 days off one week later. Thursday to Thursday is not a short week either. It's just like Sunday to Sunday. Alternating between home and away games sometimes is normal in a schedule.

Finally, traveling and playing different days doesn't change the fact the Packers are going to be a better team than most (if not all) of the teams they will play.

I'd say you're a over worried.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Schedules mean nothing this early. We don't know who will be good or bad...injuries happen...things happen. Worrying about the schedule this early is asinine.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd prefer them to play Sunday at noon every week and I'm guessing the coaches and players would as well. The only thing the large number of late and national games does is allows me to see more games. I have to go somewhere to watch the games and usually that means I have to go to my sisters house (can't stand watching games in bars) My BIL is a Bears fan so I hate going there when they play at the same time because I feel he thinks he has to have the Packer game on for me. This year they only play at the same time 4 times so it will be easier for me to see the games.

Of course WKCYFL Bulldogs football will keep me from seeing some of the early games so the more night and non Sunday games will help in that respect. Also, my nephew will not be on the Wilmot Junior Panthers basketball team which also plays on Sundays so I suspect I may get to see more than the 5 or 6 games I saw last year.

Without analyzing the schedule I see no reason to expect less than an 11-5 or 12-4 season. We are one of the best teams in the league and we are legitimately capable of beating everyone else even though we all know it won't happen.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd prefer them play just Sunday's too, but everybody is playing Thursday now, and if we're going to play 2 Thursday's, back to back is the way to do it -- just one short week.

Overall there's nothing not to like IMO. It's balanced, and the only really hot climate that we have to go to (Arizona) we go on December 27th which is the perfect time to head to Arizona. Bye week is at a great time. There's no brutal stretches of tough games. It looks great to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts