1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

The Past is THE PAST as far as Posts Go.

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Raider Pride, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers on thecWier analogy.. if he didn't have to play with all those other internationals he would of won the P Cup by himself. LOL

2. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Slander? That's a serious accusation. How low are you going to stoop?

2 tips in life:
    1) Never question a country boy's allegiance to the United States of America,
    2) Never question the allegiance of a Packer fan.

Don't EVER question my allegiance to the Green Bay Packers. I don't mock your allegiance to the Raiders.

There are many more of your Favre bashing threads. Here you call him finished. In other places, you say that Aaron Rodgers would win more games for us than Favre will this year. In other places, you infer that he's too old to play by comparing him to old and worn out clothes. I have to help my kid with my homework, so I'd rather not spend the night digging for your Favre bashing.

Brett Favre is my favorite player. Of course I'm going to take it personally when Favre gets bashed like this. These stats speak for themselves. he is not washed up, and is in fact one of the best QBs in the NFL, still.

112-170-1205-8-2

That's a 97.3 Rating, 65.9% completion rate, 7.1 Y/A, and 301.3 yards per game. That doesn't include the sacks he avoids, the leadership, the morale boost he gives his team, and doing this while ranked #32 out of 32 in rushing. Simply amazing. Put any other QB in his shoes and see how well he'd do. We're thankful to have Brett Favre as our QB, or at least, some of us are.

3. de_real_deal

de_real_deal Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I give you a standing ovation

:towel:

4. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Actually, the full quote is this.

5. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    People weren't banned for their opinions.

Maturity had a big deal with it from what I saw. Not to mention any names but a few posters really did take it to far when it came to debates.

Those of you who think some were banned for their opinions are off based and if you feel that way you may send me a PM and I will try and explain it the best I can. Maybe I'll throw some examples and old quotes your way too.

6. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    I think the biggest thing here is consistency when it comes to some of this. I have seen some posters here get away with the same offenses as those that are banned or suspended for a time period.

Overall it is a great board, with great people, and overall fun to be at.

7. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you.

I love this forum, it's totally worth the bickering, all that garbage-post type stuff that quite a few (including myself at times) get into. When members are banned, it's always a bummer, but these mods tend to treat everything fairly and allow threads to run their course.

We're not gonna all get along, but let's get back to fighting over players/coaching moves instead of each other's personalities.... :D

8. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    That's what you need to hear from a Mod. Interaction, not afraid to take a stand and help clear the air. Much better method than just a simple unexplained lock. :)

I hope those who question the ban's take Porky up on his offer.

9. KGB94SACKEM

KGB94SACKEM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

I used to read all the time back then. I remember guys like DePack, Pack66, Pyle and so on. I actually liked the differing views they had. They got out of hand sometimes but there was also several posters who were fighting with them that were just as bad that remain today. It wasn't fair in my opinion. Now I see guys like Fuzzy Nuts getting banned for fighting with AGAIN, the same people. These people then beg for people to be banned. As Pack93Z said, its all about consistentcy

10. Zero2Cool

Ratings:
    +8
    Consistency is a good thing. Speaking of consistency, I find it cute how you only spelled DePack properly or fully out of the three you mentioned :)

11. de_real_deal

de_real_deal Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

I think you hit on something there zero, it is kind of "cute"

12. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,966
    Thought this thread was about TT??

13. WinnipegPackFan

WinnipegPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  14. de_real_deal

de_real_deal Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    How many TD's did TT score this year? Isnt it about time for "Packer management discussion" to leave the forum??

15. WinnipegPackFan

WinnipegPackFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Just enjoying the conversation and nothing more :pop: