The Packers in the 2nd Round.....

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have all debated the 1 with Hawk/Williams/Davis But what about the 2

I would like to see Mangold here. If not I think Youboty,Jennings,Moss or Stovall.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Money says our high #2 is the trade bait to begin the collection of picks in this draft.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
Money says our high #2 is the trade bait to begin the collection of picks in this draft.

This could be...but y'know what, we need the picks, maybe a move to the #15-20 spots of round 2 could get us an extra 3rd

Packman5

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i really think we should keep this spot because we need an OL big time and i would love to see mangold or joseph fall to us becuase they could come in right away and maybe sway favre

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packman5 said:
i really think we should keep this spot because we need an OL big time and i would love to see mangold or joseph fall to us becuase they could come in right away and maybe sway favre

:comp:

i've said it time and time again

draft picks will shape this team for at least three years, possibly more, possibly for their entire career

if you base your draft around someone who MIGHT play ONE MORE season, you are approaching the draft all wrong

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
good call jwalk and i think it was you in another post that said we should take MAURICE STOVALL from ND in the second round

great call i think... no O-lineman till after round 3 i think. unless we accumulate more picks... wouldnt mind a DE at 2 though

maybe mathias k-word
maybe tambi hali if he fell

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to see Nick Mangold as the #1.. After him pending what we do in round 1 I like Thomas Howard the LB from UTEP though he may go as high as #28. Sinorice Moss would be interesting if we do trade Walker.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
rabidgopher04 said:
Eslinger from Minnesota. He is awesome in a zone blocking scheme (used at MN).

But could Eslinger move over to guard

I think Scott Wells is our center in '06 whether we like it or not

...I like Mark Setterstrom for the same reason...you're the gopher guy here what's your thoughts on Setterstrom vs. Eslinger

Daz666

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JavonWalker084 said:
My dream draft is if we can somehow get our hands on mario williams at #5...(25% chance) and we can get Bobby Carpenter, Hawk's teammate at #36 (50%)

Good call....
I still like Davis if Williams is gone though.
I just got that feeling we will end up with one of the qb's though.....

but I am looking forward to seeing who the diamond we pick in the later rounds from some division 6 college just outside mexico that nobody has heard of :wink:

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i hope we don't pick a QB... especially if that QB happens to be vince young. i shudder at the thought of him running all over lambeau, looking for a crease to run through, then getting flattened by a (insert name here) linebacker, then ****ing up the next play because he's still trying to figure out what happened on the last play.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JavonWalker084 said:
rabidgopher04 said:
Eslinger from Minnesota. He is awesome in a zone blocking scheme (used at MN).

But could Eslinger move over to guard

I think Scott Wells is our center in '06 whether we like it or not

...I like Mark Setterstrom for the same reason...you're the gopher guy here what's your thoughts on Setterstrom vs. Eslinger

Eslinger could be had in the 3rd or 4th round. 2nd round is too high for him.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JavonWalker084 said:
porky88 said:
Eslinger could be had in the 3rd or 4th round. 2nd round is too high for him.

Eslinger and Setterstrom are gonna be 3rd or 4th round picks, I personally like Setterstrom

I think either or would be fine picks there. 2nd round is too early for me though. Not much value there. I also like Daryn Colledge from Boise State... He can be moved inside and play OG and fits the zone scheme. He'd be a good pick in round 3 to.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the first two rounds for o-linemen is dumb considering the needs we have...because the first day o-linemen (Max Jean Gilles, Etc.) are too fat to play in a zone blcokng scheme

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
We have all debated the 1 with Hawk/Williams/Davis But what about the 2

I would like to see Mangold here. If not I think Youboty,Jennings,Moss or Stovall.

I'm a Mangold fan, but I don't know if he'll be there

i'd go BPA = Addaii, Hali, Whitner

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JW wrote:

the first two rounds for o-linemen is dumb considering the needs we have...because the first day o-linemen (Max Jean Gilles, Etc.) are too fat to play in a zone blcokng scheme

This is a good post and right on the money. I think Coston and Wells are already penciled in at LG and Center respectivelly. I would take Setterstrom in the third to play RG. The middle line would be young, but think about the athleticism and young legs these guys will have. They don't have to stand there and pass block forever because we are going to run more and throw shorter passes.

Marco and Wahle would maul DT's at the line of scrimmage. These guys are going to be technicians. The whole scheme is going to be different, so we all need to quit thinking about what we use to have and start taking a look at what Denver does with their o-line.

OP
OP
P

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
JW wrote:

This is a good post and right on the money. I think Coston and Wells are already penciled in at LG and Center respectivelly. I would take Setterstrom in the third to play RG. The middle line would be young, but think about the athleticism and young legs these guys will have. They don't have to stand there and pass block forever because we are going to run more and throw shorter passes.

Marco and Wahle would maul DT's at the line of scrimmage. These guys are going to be technicians. The whole scheme is going to be different, so we all need to quit thinking about what we use to have and start taking a look at what Denver does with their o-line.

Yeah, I wish you guys would get on the Kevin Boothe train however. He is a perfect fit for the system. Not real high on Eslinger or Setterstrom. Hawk at 1 and and WR/CB at 2 if Mangold is gone

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we keep the pick, and he is available, I like Davin Joseph....with Mangold running neck and neck for the OL spot.

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Joseph, Mangold or Deuce from USC. We need to rebuild this line, that is why our offense was down. I would wait and see if Eslinger is there in round 3, he might be.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JavonWalker084 said:

I think they're both worth a look and I'd like to see them both. I mention Eslinger though because of his various college awards and proven effectiveness within a zone blocking scheme.

Both can probably be successful in the NFL though.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts