The Official 2019 Packers Takes Thread

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Perhaps I'll be convinced of Captain's argument if he can incorporate a Sir Isaac Newton or Marie Curie analogy.

Reaction score
Don McCafferty (1970 Colts) and George Seifert (1989 Niners) are the only head coaches who won a Super Bowl during their first year as an NFL head coach. Both previously worked as coordinators for those teams though.

I never knew that. I guess makes me feel a little bit better. But like you mentioned they were coordinators there previously, that's not the case here. Let's hope Lafleur makes some history

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Okay... let's keep Gary gleeful. Takes.

The 2019 Green Bay Packers will increase their rush attempt total by at least 100 attempts from 2018's total.

Geronimo Allison will finish 2019 with over 900 yards receiving.

Za'Darius Smith, Preston Smith, and Rashan Gary will combine for 25-27 sacks, but none of them will hit double digits individually.

Kingsley Keke will have at least 3 sacks as a rookie 5th round pick.

Blake Martinez will top 10 TFL on the season.

Kevin King will play 16 games.

Them's m'takes.

H

HardRightEdge

Besides that everyone knows the earth to be banana shaped.
I was about to make up a humorous (I thought) story about how I just started the Mobius Earth Society, dues paying members welcome, based on a theory that improves on conventional flat earth thinking since it explains why nobody has ever seen the edge. You know...earth is a Mobius strip. Our motto: "What goes around comes around."

Then I googled "mobius earth". Yeah, should have known, that is already a thing. The fabric of life's rich pageant is boundless on the internets, and like a Mobius strip, turns back on itself.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I was about to make up a humorous (I thought) story about how I just started the Mobius Earth Society, dues paying members welcome, based on a theory that improves on conventional flat earth earth thinking since it explains why nobody has ever seen the edge. You know...earth is a Mobius strip. Our motto: "What goes around comes around."

Then I googled "mobius earth". Yeah, should have known, that is already a thing. The fabric of life's rich pageant if boundless on the internets, and like a Mobius strip, turns back on itself.

This post is a framer.

H

HardRightEdge

This post is a framer.
"Framer"? I don't know what that means in this context. It must be one of those usages from the internets. I just learned yesterday what a "Fred" is.

I was about to edit that post saying I probably got Gary mad again, so I'll say it here.

By way or recompense I'll offer a couple of takes:
  • The Packers will improve on last season's record.
  • The Packers will not be exempt from the typically shabby play seen across the league during the first few weeks of the season given several new starters, new coaches, new offensive scheme. I doubt Rodgers will drag out the RELAX ever again, but we might have to.
  • A little known factoid: Rodgers led the league last season in 40+ yard completions. He will continue to throw deep with the same regularity. LaFleur likes to throw deep, so the inclination will not be stifled. Short pass ball control and game managing will have their place, but that will not be the defining character of the offense. I predict there will be angry posts over Rodgers passing up an open receiver underneath to throw an incomplete deep ball. I have no reason to believe 12th. season's the charm. Nor would I want it to be as the defining characteristic.
  • Last season, out of 1075 offensive plays, RB carries totaled 281, 26%. Your 100 additional carries in the coming season is not unreasonable coming up off that very low number, particularly if one is to believe this will be a more competitive team, not trying to dig out of holes all the time through the air.
  • I have low confidence that A. Jones or King can stay healthy. Jones has missed 4 games each of his two season with 3 knee sprains despite a light workload. I'll put him down for 4 missed games again, which is optimistic under an expected heavier work load. King might play all 16 games but he might not be in the greatest shape throughout. And he is not the kind of guy who can do well playing injured. He had one shoulder pop out of the socket some ten times in his rookie year and kept playing. Then it was the offseason surgery and a harness last season, then the other shoulder, then a hamstring. Repeat injuries to the same body parts should be concerning.
  • Josh Jackson and Oren Burks need to have a light go on. That's not much of a take, but I have no idea if they will snap to or not. Jackson more likely than Burks, I'd surmise.
  • Jenkins is my leading Packer candidate to make the NFL All-Rookie team.
  • Individual stats? Too soon for that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts