the NFL just released their Official Draft Rankings

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can you explain why Madubulke and Josh Jones are good picks when other players drafted at the same positions have failed?

What did you think of his performance catching the ball senior Bowl week?

How do you think MLF is going to use him? How do you see his skills translating to that function?
Why are you comparing Madubuike to Josh Jones? Jones had some of the worst tape that I've ever seen in my life and PFF warned you that he was a horrible prospect. Not exactly the case with Madubuike

Edit:. NM, thought you were talking about that horrible GB draft pick

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so what did you mean then? as a "fan" i wanted at least 1 piece to the puzzle addressed in the draft. Great in time we'll see how one the top QB picks in 2020 turns out or how well the new running back turns out to be...which by then they will be coming into a new contract so maybe in 2024 we can redraft those skill positions again and stay on the bubble of getting to the superbowl...again. What i think everyone is pointing out is we went 13-3 and to a NFCCG, one game away...and we didn't get support to the areas that led us to a complete collapse. They way everyone justified this draft makes me wonder...who are the college 2021 studs going to be..or 2022...every year a new stud or loaded draft comes up, but this year we needed help at WR in a LOADED draft class and didn't take anyoneand we waited until the 5th round to draft a LB??? Gearing up for a run is great....but we made that run and have a few pieces missing and a narrow window to fill the gap for Rodgers to have weapons. We wiffed plain and simple. Sure everything is opinion at this point, but when every where you look the Packers draft grade is bottom barrel maybe take a second to consider that as having some relevance.
You make a lot of good points. And I’m tired of hearing “we were 13-3 and one game away from the SB.” That’s us telling ourselves what we want to believe. Look I’m a Packer “homer” and I looked at the draft, scratched my head, and said WTF!

I know it’s just a draft and drafts have a tendency to be notoriously wrong at key positions. So like every draft, I’ll reserve judgement. But this draft has put me in “I’ll believe it when I see it” mode. I wanna see how this 13-3 (really 14-4) team will do in the upcoming season, with the offseason changes made. That may make me a Doubting Thomas, but again, I’ll believe it when I see it.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see any reason to not trust him as a pass catcher. I think he happens to look very natural catching the ball from is feet to his hands.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Officially, if you complained that the Packers didn't trade for Kahlil Mack, you are not allowed to complain about the Love Pick.

The Bears didn't have a pick in the first round this season because they gave it to the Raiders as a part of the Mack trade.

Mack, by the way, amassed 8.5 sacks last season. The Packers had 12 and 13.5 from the Smiths. Mack counts $26M against the cap this coming year causing the Bears to loose some key players (thanks for Amos!)

Anyway, for those who wanted to trade for Mack you lost you Love complaining privileges.

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can you explain why Madubulke and Josh Jones are good picks when other players drafted at the same positions have failed?

So I will do Madubuike first.
Madubuike has great athleticism 4.8 forty time and over 30 bench reps but as I said athleticism along isn't everything but his production against good teams was pretty good against LSU he had 2 TFL and 1.5 sacks, against Auburn he had 2 TFL and a sack, against Georgia he had 0.5 TFL and a half sack, against Alabama he didn't have a sack but he registered six to total tackles and 0.5 TFL.
He's had 40+ pressures each of the past two seasons. And he received very high run defense grades from PFF.
He fits a need but he's also a very good player who would immediately be better than any DT we have other than Kenny IMO.

Ok as for Josh Jones he never allowed a sack in college, received great grades from pff and others, had a dominate senior bowl, fills a need, and has a lot of positional value.
I considered him the BPA at 62.
Also having a good RT could go a long way in extending how many years Rodgers has left if Love doesn't pan out or Gute gets offered something he can't refused; and on the flip side if Love becomes a starter in few years having a good RT will make his transition into being a starter much easier.

What did you think of his performance catching the ball senior Bowl week?

How do you think MLF is going to use him? How do you see his skills translating to that function?

I have no opinion on his catching the ball at the senior bowl since he did not participate in the senior bowl.

I see MLF using him as a short yardage back primarily used on 4th&1 and goal line situations this year and feel he will do fine as such, but I feel Williams already is fine in that role and adds the element of being a pass catching option that Dillon still hasn't shown.

I also see him as RB3 on the depth chart as Jones and Jaamal are both great in the passing game as both receivers and pass protectors the added element of which will help keep opposing D's honest while Dillon needs work in that area.

Last edited:

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And DL and ignoring OT & ILB until day 3.
And drafted a QB that had trouble against poor competition, is slow to make throws, is a poor decision maker, throws way to many picks that ARE his fault, And don't give me he had a bad team BS he played against equally bad teams and stunk he's a project who could be good eventually but the odds are better he's Kizer 2.0.

AJ Dillon against his best competition Virginia tech, Clemson and Notre Dame he never topped 100 yards rushing or 4.0 YPC.
In his entire 3 year college career he has under 250 receiving yards.
He also has a ton of tread on his tires and will likely be the #3 guy on the depth chart behind both Jamaal and Jones.
I actually don't hate the guy but he should have been a 5th or 6th round pick and likely would have been if we don't reach on him.

Josiah Deguara is probably the best of the first three picks but positional value means there is very little chance of him being worth that high of a pick because if he's anything short of Juszczyk we won't have gotten good value, at the same pick Niang was available and comparatively his odds of having a impact are much better.

No 4th round pick because we traded up for a project player.

5th round pick I don't really have a problem with though he is injury prone so naturally that will influence other opinions.

6th round don't hate any of the picks but don't love any either and KJ hill was available who most saw as a round 3 or 4 player.

7th round I like both picks.

You can clearly see there are plenty of reasons why it's not about not drafting a WR.

I very much doubt anybody here would have thought this a good draft prior to our making the picks in fact if I had posted such a mock I would have been ridiculed.

Yes it's true you can't know how a draft will pan out until a few years down the road but it is possible to say to a point whether or not the odds are in favor of it doing so or not.

The FO is not infallible to go against the 90% of facts that suggest a pick is bad off of the OPINION of the FO is parroting the line of thinking.

Now I posted this on another thread if somebody wants to debate me on a pick I will but it has to have a actual argument nothing like well maybe somehow though the odds are a million to one Dillon will be Bettis or such similarly ridicules statements.

We did address OT and ILB before the draft. From what the "experts" said before the draft this wasn't a very deep DL class so I can see why where we were drafting why we didn't get one in this draft.

Reaction score
I know what I want for my Bday.

I either want...

1. someone from this draft class attain a “Offensive Rookie of the year Finalist” type recognition and be just a complete surprise to everyone.

2. Have the Receiving core make a considerable leap in production. So much so that it would’ve looked stupid had we suppressed some of those reception leaders (such as 2 WR over 1000+)

3. Rodgers exceeds 4,500+ yards and 30TDs+

4. Win a SB

Then I want to interview everyone that went on record in the media and watch them back-peddle and *****foot around until their credibility is decimated. :tup: :roflmao:

Last edited:

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We did address OT and ILB before the draft. From what the "experts" said before the draft this wasn't a very deep DL class so I can see why where we were drafting why we didn't get one in this draft.
Wagner is not a long term solution at OT and that was a very deep position group.
DL wasn't rich in top level talent but there where quite a few good ones in rounds 2 and 3.
Kirksey has had a lot of injuries if he got hurt the backup is Burks and if we decided to run two ILB sets we'd likely play Burks I don't trust Burks in either role.

TE was the shallowest position group in the draft with zero top end talent and next to zero mid level talent yet we addressed it.

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I either want...

1. someone from this draft class attain a “Offensive Rookie of the year Finalist” type recognition and be just a complete surprise to everyone.

2. Have the Receiving core make a considerable leap in production. So much so that it would’ve looked stupid had we suppressed some of those reception leaders (such as 2 WR over 1000+)

4. Win a SB

Then I want to interview everyone that went on record in the media and watch them back-peddle and *****foot around until their credibility is decimated. :tup: :roflmao:

This is pretty optimistic outside of maybe 3 but I'd take it if it were to happen.

D

Deleted member 6794

None of us will know till time passes.

Yet some of you act as if they know for a fact that Dillon and Deguara will be impact players along the way.

The draft is rated poorly, not because of the players talent, but because people are expecting quick answers for perceived needs. They want Rodgers placated rather than what is in the best interest of the Packers.

Most fans want the Packers to win a Super Bowl as long as they have the benefit of a future HOF quarterback. The 2020 draft didn't help much in that regard.

No.....many "fans" want the organization's effort to win a Super Bowl fit your specific narrative or route.

No, they want to see the front office address the positions of need that cost the team a chance to play in the Super Bowl the last time around. That didn't happen.

Declaring an utter whiff illustrates your lack of experience with drafts and how the story is never told not even a month removed from it...carry on with your drabble. Clearly you don't remember when we drafted a QB we didn't need, a TINY school safety with our second pick and our entire fan base was incredibly frustrated and most pissed.....one has become a HoF QB and the other would have possible become the greatest safety to play had he not been injured.

There wasn't a single expert blasting the Packers 2005 draft in the same way as all evaluators did with this year's class.

I'd also add, IF Gute had picked say Mims, Higgins, Pittman or a WR when we traded up.....THE ENTIRE TUNE WOULD BE CHANGED and folks magically would look at every other pick differently...which is why the ignorance so many are expressing about the entire draft merely because they're pissed about the Love pick is misguided.

I can't speak for anybody else but while Gutekunst having selected a receiver instead of Love would have definitely improved my grade for this year's class I still wouldn't have liked our day two selections.

Let's also remember that we've added arguably a Day 2 type guy in Funchess and a Day 3 flyer in Begelton to the WR corps already.....plus EQ is healthy....One could argue Gute & Co. already has given Aaron the same thing as if he'd taken a WR at 62 and then a 6th or so rounder on WR.

It's probable fans are way too optimistic about Begelton's chances to even make the roster.

AR is not known to bond quickly with rookies, only Jennings was able to step in and really do well as a rookie.

The Packers having way more talent at wide receiver in the past most likely is the main reason for rookies not having contributed that much.

We've already been through the Love discussion and you've illustrated you purely hate the kid based off of statistics alone. It was confirmed you knew nothing of the occurrences Utah State went through from his AMAZING 2018 season to then last year. Let's also all remember nearly every pundit had Love a 1st round grade, some top half, some bottom half.

Love faced one power 5 conference opponent during his amazing 2018 season in a mediocre Michigan State (7-6) team and threw no touchdowns but two interceptions against them.

Dillon's hands are something BC didn't ask to use much, but watch his skills and the passes that do exist out there...he is fluid and seems natural at it - he'll surprise some folks is my hunch.

Dillon dropped three of 24 catchball balls during his college career. That's not a decent number by any means.

The amount of carries is concerning, but he similar to Taylor and actually has less use total on his wheels than him.

Taylor is the only running back in the FBS who received more carries than Dillon over the past three seasons though. So concerns about his workload are definitely justified.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Officially, if you complained that the Packers didn't trade for Kahlil Mack, you are not allowed to complain about the Love Pick.

The Bears didn't have a pick in the first round this season because they gave it to the Raiders as a part of the Mack trade.

Mack, by the way, amassed 8.5 sacks last season. The Packers had 12 and 13.5 from the Smiths. Mack counts $26M against the cap this coming year causing the Bears to loose some key players (thanks for Amos!)

Anyway, for those who wanted to trade for Mack you lost you Love complaining privileges.
I didn’t like the fact that Gluten was even LOOKING at trading for Mack. Look what it’s done to the Bears, and for what? Yes Mack is an incredible player, but that’s just it, he’s one player. I’m glad that one missed us and Gluten came to his senses.

So I guess that gives me the Amish-granted right to complain about the Love pick. I don’t want to. Why? I trust Gluten when it comes to these decisions rather than me. And the alternative would likely have been a WR.

That’s great, but first year wideouts on average produce about 500 yards in their first year. I gotta believe two or more of the guys on the roster can do better than that. Lazard is a good candidate, probably Funchess as well. MVS is gone IMO, and ESB is really only coming into his 2nd year and we should see what he’s got.

So looking at total production, and going by the averages, a first round WR would not have helped more than what we already have.

Finally, whether Love eventually replaces ARod or not, GB needs a reliable backup arm. Let’s face it, when ARod has gone down to injury, the team has gone along with him. My expectation for a BU QB is that he keeps the team at .500 until the starter gets back. There’s not gonna be a honeymoon season for Love.

We all wanna get another Lombardi. Gluten’s approach is weird, but I trust the guy. Call me crazy.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Gluten had taken a WR at #30, and then drafted every other position the same way, most people would be ecstatic. But the average production for a first round WR is 500 yards. Playing the odds then, WR was not a necessity given the players on the roster (well, and a lotta faith.....).

So let’s see how this year goes. If the WR group outside Adams fails to produce, nab a big producer in 2021 FA (well, if he’s affordable). I’d rather have a proven producer that a “maybe” (the jump to the NFL can be overwhelming, even for the best college players from the best schools).

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's probable fans are way too optimistic about Begelton's chances to even make the roster.

Hence why no one has placed any weight over his addition as being compared to a late round flyer 6th/7th which is precisely in the quote you responded with this to of mine.

No, they want to see the front office address the positions of need that cost the team a chance to play in the Super Bowl the last time around. That didn't happen.

So defensive line and ILB...I'm right there with you. Our run defense insured us in the NFCCG that nothing else mattered if we didn't stop them in the run game.

You assume in responses that I'm claiming something I'm not, Dillon was barely called upon for catching responsibilities...hence the 24 targets....ONLY 24. 3 drops out of such a small sample size I find hard to be too critical of. Perhaps we can find what the throws looked like as well. I'd struggle to place any kind of serious weight either way on that, I base my opinion mostly upon watching him in the limited amount of targets in game but then also at the combine. Love's 2018 season was most definitely not against the level of competition he faced in 2019...he also did not have THE ENTIRE line up of starters in 2019 he had in 2018. Love should have went into the draft.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Gluten had taken a WR at #30, and then drafted every other position the same way, most people would be ecstatic. But the average production for a first round WR is 500 yards. Playing the odds then, WR was not a necessity given the players on the roster (well, and a lotta faith.....).

So let’s see how this year goes. If the WR group outside Adams fails to produce, nab a big producer in 2021 FA (well, if he’s affordable). I’d rather have a proven producer that a “maybe” (the jump to the NFL can be overwhelming, even for the best college players from the best schools).

A FREAKING MEN....that first pick instantly affected everyone's sanity over the rest of the draft and discussions.

Edit: instead of everyone it should say a lot of folks, not everyone falls into this.

Last edited:

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I assure you I would not have liked any of the other picks any more if we drafted a WR in the first.

Reaction score
A FREAKING MEN....that first pick instantly affected everyone's sanity over the rest of the draft and discussions.
And if I may further that sentiment.. although most of us would’ve liked to see “our” choice.. the reality is that even a #26 type selection likely isn’t going to change the entire dynamics of a team. Not in their rookie season and likely not ever. So this interpretation that GB is “doomed” because of that move at QB is a largely unrealistic. Not that we advocate wasting selections either, but expecting a game changer late in round 1 is just plain unrealistic and whoever thinks that guy there just before round 3 opens is kidding himself. About the only player we’ve seen in recent history that’s a late day 1 success is Kenny Clark and the chance of lightning striking twice is lower. Most of our 20-something overall draft selections are either not living up to expectations or no longer even playing in GB because they sucked.

Teams that are successful in the draft normally get anticipated long term production of at least 3-4 players to make a draft considered a success. This rating drafts with a letter grade before they’ve ever stepped on the Pro field is like prophecy and very few get it right. Jonathan Franklin was supposedly one of our better selections value wise.. how did that work out? The void left by “no guarantees” in this game is filled with varying opinions of all kinds. Opinions in this particular generation have become a socially acceptable new fad.. everyone thinks there’s matters more than the next and we’re supposed to pet everyone’s ego so they don’t get hurt feelings.
Then.. after history plays itself out.. between zero and near none are worth a squatting poop. :x3:

Last edited:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I either want...

4. Win a SB

I like your wish list! Count me in, draft criticism be damned!

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And if I may further that sentiment.. although most of us would’ve liked to see “our” choice.. the reality is that even a #26 type selection likely isn’t going to change the entire dynamics of a team. Not in their rookie season and likely not ever. So this interpretation that GB is “doomed” because of that move at QB is a largely unrealistic. Not that we advocate wasting selections either, but expecting a game changer late in round 1 is just plain unrealistic. About the only player we’ve seen in recent history that’s a late day 1 success is Kenny Clark and the chance of lightning striking twice is lower. Most of our 20-something overall draft selections are either not living up to expectations or no longer even playing in GB because they sucked.

Agree 100%. I personally had only two non-QBs in the draft that I felt personally walk through almost any door in the NFL and are penciled in as the best guy at their position on the team. That was Chase Young and Simmons...and the crazy thing is Simmons is a hybrid type guy...

Now there were some start out the gate level Tackles in the right situation and a few WRs fully capable of WR2 on at least half the rosters in the NFL...but you are so right. VERY few rookies walk in and are not in some sort a backup snap wise at their position.

Caveat to the above; remove punters, long snappers and kickers from the discussion.

Last edited:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree 100%. I personally had only two non-QBs in the draft that I felt personally walk through almost any door in the NFL and are penciled in as the best guy at their position on the team. That was Chase Young and Simmons...and the crazy thing is Simmons is a hybrid type guy...

Now there were some start out the gate level Tackles and a few WRs fully capable of WR2 on at least half the rosters in the NFL...but you are so right. VERY few rookies walk in are not in some sort a backup snap wise at their position.

Caveat to the above; remove punters, long snappers and kickers from the discussion.
And the funny thing is that most of us knew this, that even first round picks rarely make a big impact in year one. So all this angst over the draft is, wasted energy.

D

Deleted member 6794

That’s great, but first year wideouts on average produce about 500 yards in their first year.

So looking at total production, and going by the averages, a first round WR would not have helped more than what we already have.

Finally, whether Love eventually replaces ARod or not, GB needs a reliable backup arm.

Last season there were nine rookie receivers who had more than 500 receiving yards. With this year's draft class being considered extremely deep at the position I'm convinced the Packers could have found a prospect capable of having an impact.

While I agree the teams benefits of having a reliable backup quarterback there's no reason to spend a first rounder on one.

If Gluten had taken a WR at #30, and then drafted every other position the same way, most people would be ecstatic.

So let’s see how this year goes. If the WR group outside Adams fails to produce, nab a big producer in 2021 FA (well, if he’s affordable).

While I would have significantly been more comfortable about selecting a wide receiver in the first round I still wouldn't like most of the rest of the picks.

If the receiving corps fails to produce this season once again the Packers will have lost another year of Rodgers championship window which is closing fast.

Love's 2018 season was most definitely not against the level of competition he faced in 2019...he also did not have THE ENTIRE line up of starters in 2019 he had in 2018. Love should have went into the draft.

Once again, Love had some great games against mostly inferior opponents in 2018 but struggled against the best opponent he faced that season as well.

And if I may further that sentiment.. although most of us would’ve liked to see “our” choice.. the reality is that even a #26 type selection likely isn’t going to change the entire dynamics of a team. Not in their rookie season and likely not ever. So this interpretation that GB is “doomed” because of that move at QB is a largely unrealistic. Not that we advocate wasting selections either, but expecting a game changer late in round 1 is just plain unrealistic and whoever thinks that guy there just before round 3 opens is kidding himself. About the only player we’ve seen in recent history that’s a late day 1 success is Kenny Clark and the chance of lightning striking twice is lower. Most of our 20-something overall draft selections are either not living up to expectations or no longer even playing in GB because they sucked.

First of all nobody has mentioned that the Packers are doomed but that this year's draft didn't improve the team's chances to win a Super Bowl in 2020.

While it might be unrealistic expecting to select a game changer late in the first or within the first four rounds it's fair to be optimistic about the team being able to add more than just backups.

Agree 100%. I personally had only two non-QBs in the draft that I felt personally walk through almost any door in the NFL and are penciled in as the best guy at their position on the team.

Now there were some start out the gate level Tackles in the right situation and a few WRs fully capable of WR2 on at least half the rosters in the NFL...but you are so right. VERY few rookies walk in and are not in some sort a backup snap wise at their position.

You continue to ignore that a #3 wide receiver, cornerback or defensive lineman as well as the #2 inside linebacker are basically starters and therefore receive significant playing time.

That's not true at quarterback, running back and tight end though.

And the funny thing is that most of us knew this, that even first round picks rarely make a big impact in year one. So all this angst over the draft is, wasted energy.

Unfortunately that had mostly been true for the Packers but not for other teams though.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You continue to ignore that a #3 wide receiver, cornerback or defensive lineman as well as the #2 inside linebacker are basically starters and therefore receive significant playing time.

This is just false and you know it. I'm not ignoring the contributory value a #2 snap count guy at any position (a backup) - #3 snap count guys at some other positions (a backup) can also contribute...however you have perpetually and consistently bemoaned this class that we selected backups, nothing but backups. All I was doing was illustrating that even had we drafted a WR in the second, third or a ton on Day 3 we still were drafting a backup. Hence, there is value as you say in positions drafted for a rookie to contribute albeit not as a #1 or even a #2.

I mean let's just say Dillon surpasses Jamaal for second most snap counts at the RB position this year...I'd argue he will touch the ball more than the #2WR possibly...he could potentially touch the ball more than Adams even.

Deguara will be interesting, the pessimistic outlook on him is he is kinda that hybrid TE/FB/WR type guy that may not find a place in a system. The optimist looks at him and the MLF system we are working towards one could argue a guy like him fits it perfectly and could be used frequently.

None of us truly know how this is gonna play out.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As illustration I wanted to go back and track touches:

Jamaal Williams (rush attempts and receptions or times he had the ball in his hands):

2017 - 178
2018 - 148
2019 - 146

Davante Adams (receptions or rushes if there were any OR times he had the ball in his hands):

2017 - 74
2018 - 111
2019 - 83

Now not a soul would say Jamaal is a bigger cog than Adams in our system, but one cannot deny the impact a #2 has which is precisely what I think the organization is hoping Dillon is.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last season there were nine rookie receivers who had more than 500 receiving yards. With this year's draft class being considered extremely deep at the position I'm convinced the Packers could have found a prospect capable of having an impact.

While I agree the teams benefits of having a reliable backup quarterback there's no reason to spend a first rounder on one.

While I would have significantly been more comfortable about selecting a wide receiver in the first round I still wouldn't like most of the rest of the picks.

If the receiving corps fails to produce this season once again the Packers will have lost another year of Rodgers championship window which is closing fast.

Once again, Love had some great games against mostly inferior opponents in 2018 but struggled against the best opponent he faced that season as well.

First of all nobody has mentioned that the Packers are doomed but that this year's draft didn't improve the team's chances to win a Super Bowl in 2020.

While it might be unrealistic expecting to select a game changer late in the first or within the first four rounds it's fair to be optimistic about the team being able to add more than just backups.

Unfortunately that had mostly been true for the Packers but not for other teams though.
Well, if you dial back time pre-draft, I was a huge Tee Higgins fan and would have been ecstatic with that pick. Opinions will vary on Higgins, but at least he would have addressed a need. Picking a QB in round 1 didn’t address a need.

And on reflection, I agree it was a lousy draft with the exception of Dillon. He can probably contribute immediately, he fits MLF’s run-heavy, RPO scheme, and he’s great insurance assuming Jones has another good year and comes back wanting $15 mil per in 2021. That will leave cap space to resign Clark and Bak. (Although I wouldn’t be totally shocked if they let Bak go. I think he’ll be 31, and that’s where Tackles start to slide. And Bak will command at least $12 mil/year, probably more, and want a 3 year contract. Bulaga redux.)

D

Deleted member 6794

This is just false and you know it. I'm not ignoring the contributory value a #2 snap count guy at any position (a backup) - #3 snap count guys at some other positions (a backup) can also contribute...however you have perpetually and consistently bemoaned this class that we selected backups, nothing but backups. All I was doing was illustrating that even had we drafted a WR in the second, third or a ton on Day 3 we still were drafting a backup. Hence, there is value as you say in positions drafted for a rookie to contribute albeit not as a #1 or even a #2.

I mean let's just say Dillon surpasses Jamaal for second most snap counts at the RB position this year...I'd argue he will touch the ball more than the #2WR possibly...he could potentially touch the ball more than Adams even.

It's a fact that the #3 wide receiver and cornerback as well as the #2 inside linebacker and defensive lineman on the depth chart are basically starters and receive a significant amount of snaps. Any of those positions could have most likely be filled with either of the Packers first four picks in the draft.

But for whatever reason Gutekunst decided it was smarter to draft a quarterback, running back and tight end where backups play less frequently.

As a side note we have to wait and see if Dillon moves past Williams on the depth chart this season.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a fact that the #3 wide receiver and cornerback as well as the #2 inside linebacker and defensive lineman on the depth chart are basically starters and receive a significant amount of snaps. Any of those positions could have most likely be filled with either of the Packers first four picks in the draft.

But for whatever reason Gutekunst decided it was smarter to draft a quarterback, running back and tight end where backups play less frequently.

As a side note we have to wait and see if Dillon moves past Williams on the depth chart this season.
Just a prediction, Dillon will start the season (yeah, yeah IF we have a season) as #2 on the RB depth chart. Like I said, just a prediction, and we’ll find out (hopefully)O soon enough.

Members online

Latest posts