The Khalil Mack thread -- now a Bear for $155million

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Having the GOAT QB don't mean squat if the defense gives up 22 points a game. Hard to win that way. Here's a secret. Over the last 4 years, 2013-2017, the Packers and Vikings have the exact same record. 39-25 Packers have Rodgers, (Granted he missed some games last year) The Viking have had Bridgewater, Keenum, Bradford. Packers defense gave up 22.5 ppg, Vikings defense gave up 18.8 ppg during that time. I know, your going to say that Hundley had an effect on those numbers. In Hundley's 7 losses the Packers gave up 26.3 ppg. In his wins, 19.0. Maybe you're paying to much for someone, not enough for the other side of the line.

LOL...come on Raptorman, I often times agree with things you say, but even you pointed out your flaw in this.....you are tossing in last year into a sample study of 4 years. Hundley led the team to 3 wins against the Brown, the Bears and the Bucs, 2 of them going to overtime....enough said. Rodgers and the Packers offense put up 120 points in the 4 games before he was knocked out. It took Hundley 7 games to equal that output.

While I agree with you that a great defense can help to win the whole enchilada, you might want to have a talk with Tom Brady and the Patriots about your theory, while you 2 are showing each other your teams Super Bowl Trophy cases. ;)

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'm ok that the Packers didn't make this move, given what it ultimately took to pull off. But good gracious is Gruden going to screw this thing up. Yikes.
Noticed that the Raiders cut WR Martavis Bryant after trading a 3rd round pick to aquire him from the Steelers this off season. :roflmao: Wasn't that a guy some of us and probably me included that we thought the Packers should have gone after? Sounds like Gruden was under impressed with his ability to learn the playbook, not to mention a pending drug suspension (3rd in 4 seasons).

Captain got this one right back in April:

I wouldn't have liked the Packers to give up a third round pick for Martavis Bryant with him being one infraction away from being banned from the league for life.

This guy on the other hand was a complete idiot!

I mentioned it last week, but would love to see the Packers get a hold of Martavis Bryant from the Steelers. They are pretty loaded at WR and he seems to be the odd man out.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Having the GOAT QB don't mean squat if the defense gives up 22 points a game. Hard to win that way. Here's a secret. Over the last 4 years, 2013-2017, the Packers and Vikings have the exact same record. 39-25 Packers have Rodgers, (Granted he missed some games last year) The Viking have had Bridgewater, Keenum, Bradford. Packers defense gave up 22.5 ppg, Vikings defense gave up 18.8 ppg during that time. I know, your going to say that Hundley had an effect on those numbers. In Hundley's 7 losses the Packers gave up 26.3 ppg. In his wins, 19.0. Maybe you're paying to much for someone, not enough for the other side of the line.

It has meant one Super Bowl victory so far over his tenure. How many of those do the Vikings have again?

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Packers were in the conversation with the Raiders, I am happy that they didn't shell out that kind of money or the draft capital required. Sure, we don't have the highest paid defensive player in the league, but we still have draft resources as well as $23.5M each year to spend on a variety of new and old players as those needs are assessed each year.

Given the fact that he is now a Bear, I am fine with him suffering a non-debilitating injury that makes him decide to just keep his guaranteed money, buy a small island in the tropics and retire a king. :whistling:
#12>Mack
100/100
You can't have two franchise players making that much... I like our chances.

Last edited:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are never going to forget our family reunion and that pickup game are you? I still never understood your comment about those reunions being your favorite place to pick up chicks.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

D

Deleted member 6794

Most Matthews was ever paid was was $15 million in 2017, 8.61% of total cap space. Packer currently have 57% dedicated to offense, 40% to defense.

Teams dedicating a huge chunk of their cap space on defense doesn't guarantee success though as the Packers spent significantly more on that side of the ball (54.2%), ranking second (!!!) in the NFL in total cap space allocated toward their defense from 2014-2016 without ever cracking the top 10 in points allowed.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
It has meant one Super Bowl victory so far over his tenure. How many of those do the Vikings have again?
And YES! There we have it! The first Super Bowl smack down of the year. I'm so glad football is back. But be warned, that Super Bowl came with a number 2 Defense in PPG.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
And YES! There we have it! The first Super Bowl smack down of the year. I'm so glad football is back. But be warned, that Super Bowl came with a number 2 Defense in PPG.
AH, all is right with the world. Vikings getting smacked for their empty trophy case, Lions wandering lost, and the Bears trading away all their high picks and emptying a vault in a vain attempt to stay out of last place.
FOOTBALL IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Dantés

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

If your whole point here is that the Packers’ problem has been their defense, then congratulations and all the gold stars for you. But the notion that the team won’t invest in their defense is demonstrably ignorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.