The Jordan Love Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Seems to me he had most of the starting oline.
He started out 3 points behind and still took the lead without DA17, MVS, AJ33, Cobb. I'm not sure when Dillon, Lazard, and Lewis put on their stocking caps either. All this vs the Detroit starting defense for the most part.

D

Deleted member 6794

He started out 3 points behind and still took the lead without DA17, MVS, AJ33, Cobb. I'm not sure when Dillon, Lazard, and Lewis put on their stocking caps either. All this vs the Detroit starting defense for the most part.

Taylor running the ball pretty well and Deguara turning a screen into a 62-yard TD was the reason the Packers took the lead with Love at quarterback though.

He didn't look impressive once again.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The knock on Love coming out of college is that he was too careless with the football throwing into double coverage and that he had problems with accuracy. Both of those issues showed up against the Lions. Amari was tightly covered on the first pick and the second pick was thrown high and behind his receiver. Maybe the receiver ran the wrong route but it sure looked like an errant throw. Love has a long way to go before he's ready to be a starter, if ever. If Love is the starter in 2022, it'll be because the Packers went into rebuilding mode.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
I don't think he is any good and said from day 1 I wasn't a fan of the pick. He reminds me of a poor man's Kizer.

Reaction score
Taylor running the ball pretty well and Deguara turning a screen into a 62-yard TD was the reason the Packers took the lead with Love at quarterback though.

He didn't look impressive once again.
Regardless of Love being the worst QB ever or the best QB in history…
Isn’t it interesting how we pick and pluck how a particular player gets “lucky” and shouldn’t get credit for the success of a play.
Yet we want to take them to the electric chair on any particular play we can find that fails.

When I hear this kinda stuff? It just has the smell of fitting into a previously hatched narrative.
Hmmm. I wonder why that is?

D

Deleted member 6794

Regardless of Love being the worst QB ever or the best QB in history…
Isn’t it interesting how we pick and pluck how a particular player gets “lucky” and shouldn’t get credit for the success of a play.
Yet we want to take them to the electric chair on any particular play we can find that fails.

When I hear this kinda stuff? It just has the smell of fitting into a previously hatched narrative.
Hmmm. I wonder why that is?

108 of Love's pass 134 passing yards against the Lions came after the catch. If you want to give him credit for it be my guest but I don't see any reason for it.

Reaction score
108 of Love's pass 134 passing yards against the Lions came after the catch. If you want to give him credit for it be my guest but I don't see any reason for it.
Do you give Love credit for a 1st down pass that touched his receivers 2 hands and was bobbled into the arms of a defender for a INT?
Will you give Love praise for the soft touch he put in a roll out that was dropped by his 4th string TE in the Endzone?
I know the answer. The mere fact that you’ve written him off after 1 road start and a partial game with a B team is telling. It doesn’t matter if he never played another game again, it speaks volumes when obvious novice fans write off the career of any player after less than 100 meaningful snaps simply because they didn’t agree with the selection by our GM.
Imo it makes you look more inexperienced at player development than Love looks as a QB, by a mile.
When anyone attempts to negate a players performance on a TD pass I’d 100% say being a bit critical is an understatement.

Last edited:

tripleguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Novice fans" is pretty presumptive. His QB rating is almost 39. That's 20 points off the lowest rating of all 32 starting QBs, some of which are rookies. He's been steeping for 2 years now. Will he ever be tea? I say no. A backup at best.

Last edited:

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Will you give Love praise for the soft touch he put in a roll out that was dropped by his 4th string TE in the Endzone?
You mean the soft touch pass that was thrown too high to the TE.

tripleguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone who watched Josh Allen torch the Patriots for 305 yards and 5 TDs should see the gulf that separates him from a Jordan Love. I realize not every 1st round QB pick is going to be a Josh Allen but its pretty obvious at this point that its not even remotely close. Next year could be interesting to say the least.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone who watched Josh Allen torch the Patriots for 305 yards and 5 TDs should see the gulf that separates him from a Jordan Love. I realize not every 1st round QB pick is going to be a Josh Allen but its pretty obvious at this point that its not even remotely close. Next year could be interesting to say the least.
Was anybody comparing him to Josh Allen?

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Was anybody comparing him to Josh Allen?
Of course not. This guy is reaching for something intelligent to say but he's just not tall enough. Personally I think tripleguy's photo should be banned. It is gross. I'm sort of offended.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
probably the one the TE mis-timed his jump for, tangled up his own feet and wasn't able to go up and catch. That was a pretty well placed ball. Speaking of Josh Allen, check out his first TD of the game, put the ball up, over the defense, TE elevates and gets it. Had he triped over his own feet with a 2" vertical he wouldn't have made the catch either.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Josh Allen wasnt very good for his first 320 attempts 10 tds 12 ints 52.8 % completions

tripleguy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course not. This guy is reaching for something intelligent to say but he's just not tall enough. Personally I think tripleguy's photo should be banned. It is gross. I'm sort of offended.
Well of course you're somewhat offended Homer. Then say something intelligent - impress me with how good you think JL is and back it up with something besides blind faith and emotion. Break out year next season I'll bet?

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You think he hasn't thrown any passes in practice the past 2 years? Just how good do you think he is?

I think hes the backup to Aaron Rodgers in 2022 and 2023....hell get traded for a relatively high pick before the 2024 draft

Reaction score
It could’ve been placed 2-4” lower would’ve been 100% perfect so he wouldn’t have to make a play
But It was a soft lob. I know those TE aren’t used to soft pitch pumpkin ball. But Someone needs to step up and make a catch there. Tough catch when you’re not in position to turn and high point it and it’s your first 10 snaps starting. Davis knew he dropped it, you could tell by his reaction afterwards. Luckily Love still converted several more passes and a first down on the 2 yard line. He scored even in spite of that drop
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Why would anyone give up a high round pick for him at this point?
Depends what’s a high round? 2nd? 3rd? The biggest Comp is a late 3rd so that could be considered high. I think he meant 2024

I just think you gotta give a college Junior QB prospect 2 full offseasons (minimum) before fully evaluating him. 2020 was a Covid Redshirt (virtual meetings, no preseason, no regular season reps). This is really his Rookie season to be fair.
Does anyone think he should be evaluated for 2020?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts