The Jordan Love Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Too early to tell or not enough info.
I do think after watching Dallas play KC that the KC Defense has been playing much better as of late. Including the game against Love.
I think if Love practiced with 1st team weekly and we were 6+ games into the season? He has the propensity to make some amazing throws. I’m not sure that any starting QB is successful dealing with that much pressure on that play. There was a guy untouched running full tilt to hurt him.
That exact throw in particular? would’ve maybe been made by 2-3 QB’s out of 32 in a given week, best case a very low completion rate across the league there. I was wrong when I said he should kept it in bounds, upon review Love is fortunate to not take a sack.

Im still high on Love as I have been since the pre draft process...however that throw needs to go to the inside

All in all after watching the end zone and sideline copies Love showed enough to make me think that he could be ready after the 2022 season

The problem is I know that Rodgers will still be a top 3 qb after the 2022 season so I guess the question is and always has been not is Love gonna be a quality starter but is Love gonna be one of those 2 or 3 qbs that can consistently make that play...so far, I agree, too small of a sample size but he showed enough to keep me interested

Phil Young

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sometimes you only find out how good someone is when they have to perform. No pressure on love in the game he started as he knew Arod would be back as soon as he was fit.

Love has time to develop.

D

Deleted member 6794

With 3 starters missing on the o line, playing Rodgers with limited mobility is a recipe for a season ending injury against the Rams tough D line. Avoiding any more injuries is much more important than winning this game. All the Packers need is 2 more wins and they will be in the playoffs. Seeding isn't important because the Packers aren't a good home playoff team having lost 6 out of the last 13 playoff games in Lambeau. Time for Love to get back in there.

I would be fine with the Packers resting healthy players once there's nothing to play for but it's a terrible idea to suggest doing it vs. the Rams with playoff seeding on the line.

In addition playing scared is a recipe for disaster as well.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be fine with the Packers resting healthy players once there's nothing to play for but it's a terrible idea to suggest doing it vs. the Rams with playoff seeding on the line.

In addition playing scared is a recipe for disaster as well.
Rodgers isn't healthy and has limited mibility. Against the Rams D line wuth a patchwork O line, Rodgers may take a beating.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers isn't healthy and has limited mibility. Against the Rams D line wuth a patchwork O line, Rodgers may take a beating.

Rodgers will get rid of the ball to avoid taking a beating...now is the time, 6 games left, the team needs to get on a roll going into the playoffs

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Unless they take Rodgers' shoe off and yank his toe repeatedly, he'll be fine.

I'll take Rodgers with that toe amputated before I'll take Love in meaningful action.

D

Deleted member 6794

If Rodgers mobility is limited because of the toe injury the Packers need to come up with a game plan to protect him from taking a beating.

That's not a valid argument to rest him though.

No way Rodgers isnt a packer in 2022...Love not ready and Rodgers still a top 3 qb

With the Packers facing huge cap issues next offseason there's a decent chance Rodgers won't be with the team in 2022.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Need to hear what the team would look like with his cap hit and how those factors make him more willing to stay.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the Packers facing huge cap issues next offseason there's a decent chance Rodgers won't be with the team in 2022.

I took an early stance that Rodgers 100% would play for the Packers in 2021 when most were saying there was at least a chance he wouldnt...

Im taking that early stance again...I get the cap situation but I also get aaron rodgers is a blue chip player and strong organizations do anything they can to keep those players...

Theyre gonna have to sign him to an extension that pushes most of the money down the line to years in which the cap will be significantly higher...

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I took an early stance that Rodgers 100% would play for the Packers in 2021 when most were saying there was at least a chance he wouldnt...

Im taking that early stance again...I get the cap situation but I also get aaron rodgers is a blue chip player and strong organizations do anything they can to keep those players...

Theyre gonna have to sign him to an extension that pushes most of the money down the line to years in which the cap will be significantly higher...
If the Packers do this, they are essentially throwing in the towel on Jordan Love.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Unless they take Rodgers' shoe off and yank his toe repeatedly, he'll be fine.

I'll take Rodgers with that toe amputated before I'll take Love in meaningful action.
If you need a volunteer to cut that toe off ?

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Packers do this, they are essentially throwing in the towel on Jordan Love.

Love looks like he might be a player but Rodgers looks like hes gonna play at a very high level for 5 more seasons...what else are they supposed to do?

"A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush"

Bob Marley
unreleased song Because I Love You

And if they sign him to a 4 year extension they could still trade him before Loves rookie deal expires...granted at some point id expect Love to demand to play or be traded. That point isnt next season or likely the year after...

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Love looks like he might be a player but Rodgers looks like hes gonna play at a very high level for 5 more seasons...what else are they supposed to do?

"A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush"

Bob Marley
unreleased song Because I Love You

And if they sign him to a 4 year extension they could still trade him before Loves rookie deal expires...granted at some point id expect Love to demand to play or be traded. That point isnt next season or likely the year after...
Oh if it were me, I'd do this in a heartbeat. I'm just not sure the Packers will ultimately pull the trigger. Hopefully, cooler heads will prevail and the sensible decision is made. I have my doubts though.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm fine with it as the Packers shouldn't have used that towel on Love in the first place.

I won't go so far as to say it that way but if they agree to a multi year extension for Rodgers to bring him back I would be fine with moving on from Love as well. He is no longer a draft pick he is a player and if he is no longer in the plans so be it. Sometimes the worst thing teams do is hold onto someone just because of what they have invested in them. Using a first round pick on Love is a sunk cost. It doesn't matter anymore. The only thing that matters is the present and the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts