The Jordan Love Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I'm not saying I'm not going to support him. I just think chances are that the Packers won't hit on 3 QB's in a row.
And the chances of it are extremely thin. That said, there were quite a few who wrote Rodgers off for daring to fill Favres boots. My point Nick is I`m onboard with his choice and if if he fails, at least he tried, but many have written him off before he`s even thrown a damn ball, and it sucks.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How can anyone not be optimistic about Love's chances of success? He's got 2 years learning the system, behind a FHOF QB, in a QB-friendly offense. Hell, I'm elated that GB has a viable successor and it didn't cost 3 yrs. of 1st round picks to jockey intot the top 8 picks like other teams have done. A 1st & a 4th for the 4th best QB in any draft with bench-time to learn isn't a huge price to pay, IMHO.

Reaction score
The chances of finding a star QB in any draft is extremely low. I mean every year a couple teams find a new starter out of all the QB's available, but hardly any of them amount to anything more than barely average in their best years. After you find 1, finding 2 is so statistically low to study it would probably irrelevant. 3? why bother trying to figure it out. Let's just see what happens.

Personally I wish we had a average QB just once.
You know what happen to Favre and Rodgers.
They both played mind games with the Packers to see which one would blink first.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They both played mind games with the Packers to see which one would blink first.
I'm already bracing myself for 2034 when Love starts pulling the same crap!! I'm already old & crotchety, I'll be absolutely cantankerous by then! ;)

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Many people got over the hatred of Sterling Sharpe for his holdout before the season opener. Especially if the 2021 season goes well, many people will get over the Rodgers drama.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
I am optimistic for Love, he has the tools. My point was mostly, who cares about the odds, just watch it unfold. Nobody knows until we all find out and that will happen over years.
I'll definitely watch it unfold. I just like discussing football and trying to predict the future. It is all settled on the field.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The irony of this thread is that we all expect 1 player to make or break the team. 2 Super Bowls with 2 Hall of Fame quarterbacks should tell us that maybe we would be better off with a "lesser" quarterback if it means the rest of the team benefits.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After you find 1, finding 2 is so statistically low to study it would probably irrelevant. 3? why bother trying to figure it out. Let's just see what happens.
Love does have the benefit of studying under Rodgers though. Plus our coach and GM seemed pretty high on him to begin with. Like you say, we'll have to wait and see.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The irony of this thread is that we all expect 1 player to make or break the team. 2 Super Bowls with 2 Hall of Fame quarterbacks should tell us that maybe we would be better off with a "lesser" quarterback if it means the rest of the team benefits.

But all the recent Super Bowl winners sort of indicate that great QBs are necessary.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I’m a little confused. Are you saying you would prefer a worse QB because they wouldn’t be good enough to question their bosses?

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m a little confused. Are you saying you would prefer a worse QB because they wouldn’t be good enough to question their bosses?
I believe he was saying he would like to have a good, an adequate QB because he would not be a pain in the ***, but more importantly we would be able to have a better all round team because we would have some money.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But all the recent Super Bowl winners sort of indicate that great QBs are necessary.
I think Tom Brady kind of skews that observation. Lets take recent to mean the last 10. Take Brady out of the equation (4) and you've arguably got 3-3 great vs not great. Mahommes, Manning, Wilson, although you could argue Manning was far from great at that point in his career vs Foles, Flaco, the lesser Manning.

Like GnG81 says TBs defense played a huge role in getting the trophy. I would argue that a great defense with an above average, but not great, QB stands a better chance than a great QB with a lesser defense. The Packers have had a great QB for how many years and we have 2 Lombardi trophy's to show for it.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

So, does that imply you don't think Rodgers gave us 100% effort?
DO you believe in flying saucers, Father Christmas, the Easter Bunny, the moon landing conspiracy to name a few ?? Did I say any such thing at all in that sentence ?
I will give my support to ANY player who I feel gives this team his all. I am really getting sick of the obvious Rodgers supporters who get butt hurt if anybody (me) dares to not see the sun shooting out of his *** ffs !
I love my wife dearly and would die for her BUT, if she came to me one day telling me unless she could dictate everything to me or she would leave and divorce me, I`d show her the door and help her move her stuff.
Rodgers has said he feels slighted that the FO didn`t involve him in choosing his replacement ? He`s an employee. He doesn`t OWN the organisation, and no, I think he frequently fell at the final hurdle too often for me, but it was always somebody elses fault to some around here.
People need to stop taking any observation of Rodgers as people spitting on or setting fire to your national flag. It`s a personal opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
DO you believe in flying saucers, Father Christmas, the Easter Bunny, the moon landing conspiracy to name a few ?? Did I say any such thing at all in that sentence ?
I will give my support to ANY player who I feel gives this team his all. I am really getting sick of the obvious Rodgers supporters who get butt hurt if anybody (me) dares to not see the sun shooting out of his *** ffs !
I love my wife dearly and would die for her BUT, if she came to me one day telling me unless she could dictate everything to me or she would leave and divorce me, I`d show her the door and help her move her stuff.
Rodgers has said he feels slighted that the FO didn`t involve him in choosing his replacement ? He`s an employee. He doesn`t OWN the organisation, and no, I think he frequently fell at the final hurdle too often for me, but it was always somebody elses fault to some around here.
People need to stop taking any observation of Rodgers as people spitting on or setting fire to your national flag. It`s a personal opinion.
well said

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I've blamed Rodgers for the loss in the NFCCG as well as for being a d-bag...so I guess you're not talking to me as a "Rodgers supporter"

And clearly I never said you stated that in that sentence. Hence the word "imply" which in my opinion was a fair question/interpretation of your comment. By stating you'd support love as long as he gives 100% effort and knowing you don't support Rodgers its fair to wonder if that meant you don't think Rodgers gives 100%

And for the record how could you not believe in flying saucers? Whether you think they're just our classified stuff or piloted by aliens from other planets, galaxies, dimensions is another matter...but to believe ufos don't exist is to look at the evidence and choose to disregard it...

And yes I agree with the wife part of your analogy but I don't think it transfers to Rodgers because you don't have a relationship with him. You don't have to deal with him at all. You just want to watch the Packers win and once again he's clearly the best chance the Packers have at winning this season and next with this team. At some point maybe love like Rodgers before him will represent a better chance to win than the fhof qb he's sitting behind and at that point you go with Love

D

Deleted member 6794

I think he was viewed as the emergency guy if Rodgers didn't report. Not too mention if Jordan didn't look ready to backup. I am kind of glad they cut him, now all those saying Jordan was a terrible pick because he didn't beat out Boyle can shut up :D

That depends on if Love can stay ahead of Benkert on the depth chart this season ;)

How can anyone not be optimistic about Love's chances of success? He's got 2 years learning the system, behind a FHOF QB, in a QB-friendly offense. Hell, I'm elated that GB has a viable successor and it didn't cost 3 yrs. of 1st round picks to jockey intot the top 8 picks like other teams have done. A 1st & a 4th for the 4th best QB in any draft with bench-time to learn isn't a huge price to pay, IMHO.

Love leading the FBS in interceptions thrown while playing in the Mountain West conference is reason for concern as is him struggling against Power-5 opponents in limited action.

I believe he was saying he would like to have a good, an adequate QB because he would not be a pain in the ***, but more importantly we would be able to have a better all round team because we would have some money.

Veteran starting quarterbacks, even the lesser ones, earn a ton of money in today's NFL. Therefore having a less talented starter wouldn't have resulted in the team being able to spend significantly more money on the rest of the roster.

I think Tom Brady kind of skews that observation. Lets take recent to mean the last 10. Take Brady out of the equation (4) and you've arguably got 3-3 great vs not great. Mahommes, Manning, Wilson, although you could argue Manning was far from great at that point in his career vs Foles, Flaco, the lesser Manning.

Like GnG81 says TBs defense played a huge role in getting the trophy. I would argue that a great defense with an above average, but not great, QB stands a better chance than a great QB with a lesser defense. The Packers have had a great QB for how many years and we have 2 Lombardi trophy's to show for it.

The Packers having an elite quarterbacks isn't the reason there weren't able to feature a great defense over the past 10 seasons.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Many people got over the hatred of Sterling Sharpe for his holdout before the season opener. Especially if the 2021 season goes well, many people will get over the Rodgers drama.
Agree....... and many of us won't. I still think that Favre is a jerk. I'll feel the same about Rodgers 15 years from now too.

And for the record, I don't think Pete Rose should go into the baseball HOF until 5 years after his death.

The game, and the Green Bay Packers are ALWAYS, without fail, far above any and all players.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

So make it harder to win a Super Bowl because then the quarterback will be more "fan friendly"? That can't be it, could it?

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'll stick take an all-time great QB over an average QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts