The Jordan Love Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 6794

I think what Love has going for him over Trevor Lawrence is the supporting cast. The Jaguars have been jettisoning their players for years and went 1-15 last season. The Packers were in the NFC Championship game, have a strong running attack, a good O-line, a good WR group, a young & innovative coach, and a top 15 defense. All of the pieces are there for any quarterback to succeed in Green Bay.

What Love is able to do with all of those tools is the big question.

Once again, I believe a lot of fans overestimate the talent level on the Packers without Rodgers.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once again, I believe a lot of fans overestimate the talent level on the Packers without Rodgers.

That happens when you have,imo, the best to ever play the only position that single-handidly makes the entire offense better.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once again, I think that a lot of forum members underestimate the talent level.

Are you saying that Davante Adams is not one of the top WRs in the league? Are you saying that we do not have one of the better OLs? Are you saying that Aaron Jones is not a top 10 RB? Are you saying that Robert Tonyan is not an emerging star at TE? Those are some pretty good pieces of the puzzle.

Absolutely Rodgers helps make it all click and that's why we got to the NFC Championship game. However, my comment was about why Love would be in a better position than Trevor Lawrence based on the pieces the Packers have in place. I seriously wonder how you can argue against that....unless you were just dropping one of your stink bombs with no applicability to the conversation at hand.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Once again, I think that a lot of forum members underestimate the talent level.

Are you saying that Davante Adams is not one of the top WRs in the league? Are you saying that we do not have one of the better OLs? Are you saying that Aaron Jones is not a top 10 RB? Are you saying that Robert Tonyan is not an emerging star at TE? Those are some pretty good pieces of the puzzle.

Absolutely Rodgers helps make it all click and that's why we got to the NFC Championship game. However, my comment was about why Love would be in a better position than Trevor Lawrence based on the pieces the Packers have in place. I seriously wonder how you can argue against that....unless you were just dropping one of your stink bombs with no applicability to the conversation at hand.
Interesting, the Schlitz guy talking about someone else dropping stink bombs. Lol! I would rather have Lawrence than Love on the Packers current roster. IMO, Lawrence will do better on Jags with their roster than Love would do. I'm not a huge believer in Jordan Love. Hope he proves me wrong, but I don't see much more out of him than being a journeyman for his career. Love barely had any prospects coming out of high school and that's why he had to settle on Utah St. His sophomore year in college he had a pretty solid roster around him. His junior year he didn't and didn't prove much of anything. He couldn't rise above that even in a lower level conference. Lawrence was heavily recruited and played in the SEC and won national championships. I don't think there's much comparison between the two. To use a cliché, time will tell I guess.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

How do you not see either extreme is most likely just ignorance; either to the difference AR really makes OR to the talent level of the rest of the roster.

WR - we arguably have THE best current WR in the game.
RB - at WORST one of the top 10 (most would say possibly 5) in the game and a bonafide young stud in the making it seems.
OL - THE best LT to many if he comes back 100%, one of if not one of the best Guards in the game in Jenkins along with solid swing man in Turner and others with starting ability.
TE - A veteran that is as steady as they come and an ascending threat in Tonyan
CB - Bonafide STUD top 3 CB IMO in Jaire
S - Amos and Savage are a SOLID duo
Zadarius, Kenny Clark would start on literally any team in the league basically....and Gary is ascending as well.

No this team is most likely not playing for the NFCCG unless some incredible clicking happens for Love should Rodgers be gone..but they do not instantly go to like a 3 loss team either.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Just to be clear, I think the article I posted a few days ago was looking at each of the "rookie" QB's (Love included) on their current teams. Not "What if Lawrence was on the Packers and Love was on the Jags?" Hard to argue which QB is going to be working with the better offense and because of that, I think PFF figured Love could put up some decent numbers with the Packers.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think there's a single GM in the league that would trade Trevor Lawrence for Love. Lawrence excelled in the SEC and lead his team to a National championship. I agree Love is basically a rookie and his first season appears to have yielded very little as a third string clipboard holder. Until Love plays in pads against a real pass rush, I don't think its wise to either denigrate or elevate him from simulated action that he went through last week. What the Packers have in Love is a big question mark until he gets the chance to show what he can do in games that matter. Same for other rookies as well.
Dude, Clemson is in the ACC not the SEC

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think what Love has going for him over Trevor Lawrence is the supporting cast. The Jaguars have been jettisoning their players for years and went 1-15 last season. The Packers were in the NFC Championship game, have a strong running attack, a good O-line, a good WR group, a young & innovative coach, and a top 15 defense. All of the pieces are there for any quarterback to succeed in Green Bay.

What Love is able to do with all of those tools is the big question.
Plus ... I don't know why but I got a feeling Urban Meyer's system isn't going to end up working too well in the NFL. The man has never coached 1 down of NFL football before, and aside from Pete Caroll, almost zero successful college coaches end up doing anything in the pros.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Coughlin
Switzer
Jimmy Johnson
Bill Walsh
Vermeil
I would add Jim Harbaugh and probably a few more if I wanted to put too much effort into it. This whole notion of "college coaches don't make good NFL coaches" is pretty silly. If you look at most NFL coaches that have done something, they just didn't jump right into the NFL and start coaching. Most of them started as a positions coach in College or even H.S. Now Bellichick....he must be the exception, it looks like he jumped right into the NFL took a $25-per-week job as an assistant to Baltimore Colts head coach Ted Marchibroda in 1975

Now if someone wants to say "Some really successful College coaches have struggled at the NFL level", then I might agree.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would add Jim Harbaugh and probably a few more if I wanted to put too much effort into it. This whole notion of "college coaches don't make good NFL coaches" is pretty silly. If you look at most NFL coaches that have done something, they just didn't jump right into the NFL and start coaching. Most of them started as a positions coach in College or even H.S. Now Bellichick....he must be the exception, it looks like he jumped right into the NFL took a $25-per-week job as an assistant to Baltimore Colts head coach Ted Marchibroda in 1975

Now if someone wants to say "Some really successful College coaches have struggled at the NFL level", then I might agree.
Yeah I was pulling from memory and know I had to have missed more including Harbaugh for sure.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting, the Schlitz guy talking about someone else dropping stink bombs. Lol! I would rather have Lawrence than Love on the Packers current roster. IMO, Lawrence will do better on Jags with their roster than Love would do. I'm not a huge believer in Jordan Love. Hope he proves me wrong, but I don't see much more out of him than being a journeyman for his career. Love barely had any prospects coming out of high school and that's why he had to settle on Utah St. His sophomore year in college he had a pretty solid roster around him. His junior year he didn't and didn't prove much of anything. He couldn't rise above that even in a lower level conference. Lawrence was heavily recruited and played in the SEC and won national championships. I don't think there's much comparison between the two. To use a cliché, time will tell I guess.
That's fine but you are changing the discussion. I agree that Lawrence is a better QB, but the discussion was who has a better chance to succeed and I still believe that it's Love because of the talent around him relative to the talent around Trevor Lawrence. Obviously, all things being equal most people would predict Lawrence to be better.

Krabs

Reaction score
That's fine but you are changing the discussion. I agree that Lawrence is a better QB, but the discussion was who has a better chance to succeed and I still believe that it's Love because of the talent around him relative to the talent around Trevor Lawrence. Obviously, all things being equal most people would predict Lawrence to be better.
The thread is named "The Jordan Love Thread". Seems I was discussing Jordan Love in comparison to Trevor Lawrence. I'm not really out of scope here. Check out some other threads and see the rabbit holes others go down. :laugh: I think the Packers have the better roster, but Love just isn't that good. This is me speculating off of his college career and the ups and downs he's had in limited practices. I think Lawrence has the better chance to succeed because he is just the better player.

Even for all of Rodgers shenanigans I'm hoping he is under center and we don't even have to think about Love trying to run the offense.

Krabs

Reaction score
Just to be clear, I think the article I posted a few days ago was looking at each of the "rookie" QB's (Love included) on their current teams. Not "What if Lawrence was on the Packers and Love was on the Jags?" Hard to argue which QB is going to be working with the better offense and because of that, I think PFF figured Love could put up some decent numbers with the Packers.
Is it not fun to discuss a swap? It's the offseason. What else do we have to talk about?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it not fun to discuss a swap? It's the offseason. What else do we have to talk about?

Normal items like drafted or undrafted prospects, predictions of line starters, who is going to grow or project the most growth, early 2022 prospects, observations of minicamps...honestly there is a decent amount of items.

Krabs

Reaction score
Normal items like drafted or undrafted prospects, predictions of line starters, who is going to grow or project the most growth, early 2022 prospects, observations of minicamps...honestly there is a decent amount of items.
Oh man, I will really have to think about what is proper to discuss in the future. Currently, I am in my room thinking about my actions and won't come out until I'm a better poster.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh man, I will really have to think about what is proper to discuss in the future. Currently, I am in my room thinking about my actions and won't come out until I'm a better poster.
LOL I was just giving ya a hard time. Make sure to sit in the corner of the room though, best thinking spot.

Krabs

Reaction score
LOL I was just giving ya a hard time. Make sure to sit in the corner of the room though, best thinking spot.
No worries, I was totally kidding and definitely have no problem with your comment. Gotta be able to eat it if you dish it out. :whistling:

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Well since I highly doubt that Lawrence and Love swap teams, we might as well talk about what if Love or Lawrence were playing for the Milwaukee Bucks, which one of them would have been better at guarding KD last night?

You seemed to be in disagreement with PFF's prediction of what "rookie QB's" might do in 2021, but in doing so, you moved the goalposts of the context it was being taken in. I think some of us were just pointing that out.

Krabs

Reaction score
Well since I highly doubt that Lawrence and Love swap teams, we might as well talk about what if Love or Lawrence were playing for the Milwaukee Bucks, which one of them would have been better at guarding KD last night?

You seemed to be in disagreement with PFF's prediction of what "rookie QB's" might do in 2021, but in doing so, you moved the goalposts of the context it was being taken in. I think some of us were just pointing that out.
No one was guarding KD last night. As my son said while watching the game "Durant is a cheat code". It's a tough question though. I'd probably still go Lawrence. He's 6'6", so has a couple of inches on Love. He's also very athletic and has some wheels. Overall, I think Lawrence would be the right choice there.

My apologies on scope creep and partaking in a discussion you did not enjoy Pokerbrat2000.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
My apologies on scope creep and partaking in a discussion you did not enjoy Pokerbrat2000
No need to apologize and no offense taken. Has happened to me before and its just a matter of trying to be on the same page sometimes. Definitely not always easy to follow all the posts, who is posting, with what opinion and the context.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
He had diff coaches during college.. Thats ******* a young qb.

Please tell me you knew rodgers got no offers out of high school and *gasp* went to a junior college

Get another excuse why you dont like Love

Krabs

Reaction score
He had diff coaches during college.. Thats ******* a young qb.

Please tell me you knew rodgers got no offers out of high school and *gasp* went to a junior college

Get another excuse why you dont like Love
Of course I knew he went to Bute Community College for a year. That's common knowledge. I don't need excuses. I just don't think he is any good. I don't think he is an NFL caliber player. Please don't tell me you don't think Rodgers not receiving any D1 offers wasn't an anomaly. It definitely is out of the norm. College scouts and recruiters go after the good players. They miss once in awhile. What is your excuse for thinking he is good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts