The Gravedigger

BigBayBlues

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was searching youtube to find some clips of Gilbert Brown, one of my favorite Packers of all time, and there's almost nothing. There are a few videos of him putting Eddie George on his back, but that's about it. The rest are mostly from his post-football days. Anyone know of any killer Gravedigger clips/compilations. I'm surprised I can't find a video of him doing his 'digger celebration.

In my opinion one of the most menacing looking players of all time...something about the visor and shoulder pads...and obviously the semi-truck build...

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is the folk hero of the 90s. Loved that guy. Where can I get a gilbertburger?

I think a better question is, "How long do you live after eating one?"

Joking aside, he was great to watch.

GWheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw Gilbert last year when I attended a La Crosse Spartan game. He's head coach and actually looked like he slimmed down a little.

OP
OP
BigBayBlues

BigBayBlues

Cheesehead
Reaction score
About two years ago my girlfriend was working at one the nightclubs in Milwaukee and she texted me and said she was serving a Packers player. When she got home she showed me a picture she took with him and I was floored when I realized it was Gilbert Brown. She said he was really nice and tipped her $100 for serving him and his friends drinks! This was around the time he was hired as the head coach of the Milwaukee Bonecrushers arena football team. She said he visited the club a few times and remembered her by name. Great guy.

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember Gilbert Brown. I remember fellow Packers fans telling me that there was this commercial where the Gravedigger tries to do the Lambeau Leap. I'm sure it's on Youtube somewhere.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is one of my first favorite players. As a kid I remember being in awe of his size. He looked and played badass too.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
All his days playing was before the age of the DVR and straight to you tube videos. I'm sure there is a highlight reel out there somewhere.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O62TQzXuc2I]YouTube - Gilbert Brown Owns Eddie George[/ame]

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
Man I loved gilbert brown- I can just barely remember watching games, seeing him get a sack, and then doing the gravedigger celebration.

I think thats gotta one of the best packer-defense celebrations ever. Maybe second to clays muscle flex, and then roar.

Claymaker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another Viking fail. They drafted him in the 3rd round and cut him late in camp. The Packers picked him up the next day and the rest is history. He was an absolute beast. Seeing him destroy double teams, and sometimes triple teams, was a thing of beauty.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
INTRODUCING THE B.K. RAJI BURGER
105.1 Charlie » More Burger Than You Can Handle

sry about the giant image but I thought it was appropriate!!

I remember as a kid I went the pre-season game at camp randall and got to meet Gilbert(well he walked near me after the game lol)And I Thought All football players were giant massive beast mode monsters for like 4 years.

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
I'm actually serious! I HAD some, and I think I had some Reggie White chocolate bars, too. They put out a whole bunch of stuff after that SB.
'
If I find it, I'll take a picture and put it up here.

Well, all I ever had was a box of Flutie Flakes somewhere... There were a few different kinds. I didn't want the Bills one, so I got the BC Eagles one... :happy0005:

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
Did anyone ever have any of these?

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
Did anyone ever have any of these?

[Sheepishly raises hand.]

I had the Wheaties with the Packers on the box, too. All this stuff is in a bin somewhere in my garage, I think, along with two autographed copies of SI featuring Mr. F.

Latest posts