The Draft

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm reviewing the updates on Footballsfuture.com about where the Draft stands... and clicked on this link...

http://www.thefootballexpert.com/

I totally disagree with his choice for the Packers....
My feeling is TT will correct any needs in the Guard position, or else find a fourth rounder in the Draft to cover that.

He also lists Matt Roth-DE as sliding into the 2nd round.
Again, I think Roth will go in the first round.
In fact, I think if he's there, the Packers should grab him, immediately!

sixone220

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i don't like that mock. i don't want brown in chitown or bray in mn.

i think we would have to grab roth or pollack if they were there.

ldlehrer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers will need to give the new defensive coordinator some help. I think this draft will be used to load up on young fast aggressive defensive players. I think some excellent safeties are available in this draft. I think a very good LB and/or defensive lineman could be selected in one of the top 4 picks in the first 3 rounds by the Packers.
I personally like Marcus Spears of LSU as a combo pass rushing and run defensive DE. The Packers will never get a chance to draft Tommie Davis of Georgia at a safety spot. Shazor or Nicholson might fit well at the safeties spot for the Packers.
The LB class seems strong too.
The Packers do need a very good draft in 2005!

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea - I see Bates following that line of thought....

With guys out there possibly waiting for us, like Roth or Burnett, or Poole.....
Just like last year, we may see some payers end up slipping like what was demonstrated on that one guy's Mock Draft sheet - he has this year's right above his success(es) from last year's first round and last year's reminds us how many dropped from the first round - shocking quite a few mock(ers)....

Balancing the middle, with moving Barnett over... and matching someone on the other side to take the heat off KGB should work very well... It's the Secondary where Bates talents as a DC should start to show, probably as soon as Pre-season... That, and him backing up that statement he made about Cletidus Hunt --- THAT's one angle I'd really like him to be successful at.

swartzcatz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you are to move Barnett, he would be best on the week side. With his range and mobility, he would be a factor, but we need a veteran in the middle for sure.

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yo... SV - Remember those first couple of articles posted about Jim Bates and his coming to the Frozen Tundra?

Basically - Bates made comments to the fact that he had been watching Hunt and saw something... he didn't explain it much farther than that.. and right now, after 40 minutes of reading, I cannot find that paragraph that was put to print over it... He's just high on Cletidus Hunt and thinks he can turn him around this coming year....

Personally, I'll believe it when I see it. Hunt hasn't had that many great games to begin with - and the only time I saw him get mad on the field was at the pre-season Cleveland game.. where the other guy made him look like a fool out there - for the whole next series he was a man-on-fire... after that - he just sorta showed up... nothing more! Here's some articles from awhile back about Bates intentions!

http://www.jsonline.com/packer/news/jan05/296242.asp

http://www.jsonline.com/packer/news/jan05/296009.asp

Members online

Latest posts