The Brett Factor

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Do you think this encourages Javon to work with the Packers on a new contract?
OR
Do you think Brett playing for the Packers in 2006 pushes the door closer to shut for Javon playing for Packers?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope this encourages Charles Woodson to sign with us.

I don't think it helps with Walker. In fact I think Walker despises Brett.

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I take this as Walker is as good as gone. As mentioned, hopefully this helps us with Woodson and anyone else that may consider signing with us.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agreed, to a point.

As I've said before, Jwalker has no choice but to come back...so although this won't make him happy, the future of his career and $$$ are what are going to determine if he comes back, not Brett's presence

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whenever 5 teams show interest in your guy ... you have to think long and hard about trying to keep him :!:

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're right musccy, ultimately it will be money and whether we get a good enough offer from other teams. I just kind of view this as the final nail in the coffin.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
What if (you know Brett will be asked about Javon) when asked about Javon Brett says he made some comments that still feels are valid but perhaps should have been said to him man to man instead of publicly?

I guess what I'm saying is, I bet Brett talks to Javon, this whole Javon vs Brett or Brett vs Javon ordeal will be resolved with them speaking to one another and in fact goes the opposite direction then most believe and entices Javon to work with Brett on the 'new' contract that I stated before.

Such as...
50 Catchs - 500k
750 Yards - 750k
8 Touchdowns - 600k

With each escalating to higher amounts.

Which could lead to...
90 Catchs ~ 1 Mil
1400 Yards ~ 1.6 Mil
16 Touchdowns ~ 2 Mil
This type of contract seems much more attractive to a WR who has a future HoF'er throwing him the ball than a second year 'rookie'.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hoos...we don't even need to trade him....as I've said in other posts...if he sits out this year, he's screwed! He's going to get nowhere near what he wants when he becomes a FA if he was injured last year, and then sat out all this year just to prove a point, while in the meantime, proving to nobody that he's recovered from his injury.

If TT sticks to his guns, Walker has NO choice but to return to the Packers in 2006 no matter what his uncle, grandma, or second cousin say. The Packers have all the power in this...NOT walker

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
musccy said:
hoos...we don't even need to trade him....as I've said in other posts...if he sits out this year, he's screwed! He's going to get nowhere near what he wants when he becomes a FA if he was injured last year, and then sat out all this year just to prove a point, while in the meantime, proving to nobody that he's recovered from his injury.

If TT sticks to his guns, Walker has NO choice but to return to the Packers in 2006 no matter what his uncle, grandma, or second cousin say. The Packers have all the power in this...NOT walker

If Javon were to sit out after his injury that's going to send a very negative message to every other team out there that he won't do what it takes for the 'team'.

The best players (employees) do what they are asked even if its something they don't want to do.

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, you just have to wonder if TT would play ball with that. I agree, I think he should at the least get a reworked deal for this year. With the cap money we have, I wouldn't be against something like 1 year 2-3 million straight up if Javon swallowed a little pride as well so TT can save face. An incentive plan would work for me as well.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Do you think this encourages Javon to work with the Packers on a new contract?
OR
Do you think Brett playing for the Packers in 2006 pushes the door closer to shut for Javon playing for Packers?

NO, not at all. If TT puts 10-12 million garunteed money in front of javon, i bet he signs w/t Packers. :lol:

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be all for a reworked contract..but the problem is that once Javon pubically pouts, then he f's himself over. A team can not set the precedent that they will cave into disgruntled players because then Tauscher, Diver, Green, ARrod....will all follow suit and pout until the Packers cave.

You do this behind closed doors, then no problem...it worked w/ Diver and Tauscher!

In addition to the career suicide, Walker would not be willing to lose an entire year's salary this year. He has to come back.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im wondering with the timing of this and the announcement that Woodson is going to decide within the next couple of days that he is going to choose between Green Bay and Tampa Bay if Favre timed the announcement to sway Woodson to come to Green Bay. Or perhaps Woodson said he would come if Favre committed for this year and that is why they announced it tonight instead of a more prime time to let it be known. Pure speculation on my part but it is interesting.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
If Javon were to sit out after his injury that's going to send a very negative message to every other team out there that he won't do what it takes for the 'team'.

The best players (employees) do what they are asked even if its something they don't want to do.

it didn't seem to hurt T.O. too much. :wink: :lol:

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4packgirl said:
Zero2Cool said:

it didn't seem to hurt T.O. too much. :wink: :lol:

Actually I disagree. I think TO has hurt himself with all the negative crap. He's as good or better than Moss, but he hasn't gotten a contract as big as Moss. There are many teams around the league who don't want anything to do with him.

Of course there is always a team willing to take a risk with him and pay the big bucks, so he still gets his money. But he doesn't get as much as he could because only 1 or 2 teams are willing to take a chance with him.

That being said, I think Javon's situation is completely different from TO's. TO had just signed a new contract at market value and the very next year he whined to renegotiate, becoming a cancer to the team.

Walker is at the end of his rookie contract, which at this point is paying him far below his market value. Last year he returned because TT held his ground and Favre took the steam out of his media sails. I imagine that TT made an agreement to renegotiate this offseason. Then Walker got injured, lost last season and isn't yet recovered. He watched Green sign a good contract, even though he also was injured last season and is not recovered. At the same time, he sits on the last year of his rookie contract. Add to that everyone telling him he should be getting more money, and he ends up with bad feelings toward GB.

My hope is that Walker caves in and returns to the team at TC. Then I also hope that TT works on a long term deal with him during the season after it's obvious that he's recovered. Javon and family say he won't return, but he said the same thing last season. So don't trade him! Ride it out!

Members online