The best part of draft day...

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...is reading all the melt downs on the forums.

Kinda like the second best SI issue is the one after the swimsuit issue when all the complaint letters come in.

All I know is I am going to sleep just fine tonight and my TV is still going to work in the morning. One of the benefits of not knowing anything about these guys is being able to go into the season without any preconceived notions. Were there better names out there when we picked? Probably, but were there better players? That remains to be seen. I'm confident that Gute and his staff know a hell of a lot more than I do (and likely more than the vast majority of you) so I'm going to reserve judgement until I see these guys play. But don't let me stop you. Start warming up that bust label if you haven't already.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm pretty disappointed with a lot of members on here.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I won't dog your optimism, but I don't feel like you are going to be right at the same time. Fair or unfair, I'm pissed off and will be until these guys prove me otherwise because I feel the value for these guys are dogshit.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I won't dog your optimism, but I don't feel like you are going to be right at the same time. Fair or unfair, I'm pissed off and will be until these guys prove me otherwise because I feel the value for these guys are dogshit.

My first reaction is that it might be the worst piece of drafting I've ever seen. Massive and I mean Massive Firepower was spent on these two prospects. A total of two first round picks(one being a 12) and two fourths in this years draft.

Gary, Where do I start. First of all he has a torn labrum that will require surgery. Then you throw in his lack.of production and documented character issues. On top of that this guy wants to start his own "Agent Agency". This dude is as lazy as they come. This smells of Malik McDowell. This pick could rival Tony Mandarich as an all time bust.

Savage, Nice player but completely OVERVALUED here and what was given away for him is mind boggling. You'd think we were getting the next Nick Collins which I don't believe we are. If this guy doesn't turn out to be a pro bowler then it's a fail considering what was given up. There was zero reason to mortgage day 3 for this guy. He isnt all that special.

Day 1 Grade = F or lowest grade possible.

Not only did they pass up on Wilkerson to get Gary and Adderly to get Savage they once again ignored the offense. So it's a DOUBLE FAIL in the sense that not only did they miss out on addressing immediate needs but they didn't even get the right defensive guys which is the story of the Green Bay Packers.

It's called INSANITY!!!!!

FaninColorado

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wilkerson is still an option to bring back and his injury was pretty gruesome so no clue if he even makes it back.

Moving up to get Savage might have been a reach, but it was pretty obvious that he wasn't going to make it to us at 30. If our professional scouts, not us so called know it alls, thought he was the #1 safety on the board then I'm perfectly fine with the trade up.

Gary has definite flags on him, but he was basically rated approximately in the 10-15 best in this draft. So while he could be a bust, we truly HAVE ZERO idea if it will happen. He has the skills and talent to be an all-pro while also having the possibility of being the next Nick Perry at the same time.

RELAX on going off on these 2 new PACKERS because even though you might not like the picks... they are OUR PLAYERS and need all the support from all of us.

While this was no "A" draft... it sure and hell isn't an "F". It is somewhere in the "B" to "C" area. Who would you have chosen instead? I would have loved to have gone offensive in the first round, but the strength of this year's class is defensive stars while offensively has lots of depth at the skill positions. Losing those 2 4th rounders will hurt with some of that offensive depth, but we still have two picks tomorrow with some good names still out there with OL, WR's, Irv Smith along with some still defensive good players that will help push down those offensive players to us.

I'd be happy with a AJ Brown or Deebo Samuel and Kahale Warring.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Wilkerson is still an option to bring back and his injury was pretty gruesome so no clue if he even makes it back.

Moving up to get Savage might have been a reach, but it was pretty obvious that he wasn't going to make it to us at 30. If our professional scouts, not us so called know it alls, thought he was the #1 safety on the board then I'm perfectly fine with the trade up.

Gary has definite flags on him, but he was basically rated approximately in the 10-15 best in this draft. So while he could be a bust, we truly HAVE ZERO idea if it will happen. He has the skills and talent to be an all-pro while also having the possibility of being the next Nick Perry at the same time.

RELAX on going off on these 2 new PACKERS because even though you might not like the picks... they are OUR PLAYERS and need all the support from all of us.

While this was no "A" draft... it sure and hell isn't an "F". It is somewhere in the "B" to "C" area. Who would you have chosen instead? I would have loved to have gone offensive in the first round, but the strength of this year's class is defensive stars while offensively has lots of depth at the skill positions. Losing those 2 4th rounders will hurt with some of that offensive depth, but we still have two picks tomorrow with some good names still out there with OL, WR's, Irv Smith along with some still defensive good players that will help push down those offensive players to us.

I'd be happy with a AJ Brown or Deebo Samuel and Kahale Warring.

That's Crazy. We gave up a 12th pick. A 21st pick and two 4th's for this haul while ignoring the offense. Its horrific. The final nail in the coffin. I don't know how we can recover.

That's an F

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's Crazy. We gave up a 12th pick. A 21st pick and two 4th's for this haul while ignoring the offense. Its horrific. The final nail in the coffin. I don't know how we can recover.

That's an F
Brandon I'm not big on our picks, particular the 12th pick, but I think you're overreacting a little here buddy. I would say possibly a C to B range, but we didn't bomb the draft. I do hope we get an Olineman or a WR, or TE in the second round.

Last edited:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Brandon I'm not big on our picks, particular the 12th pick, but I think you're being a little emotional here buddy. I would say possibly a C to B range, but we didn't bomb the draft. I do hope we get an Olineman or a WR, or TE in the second round.

Gary is trash. You will see. On top of that we gave up a kings randsom for a 3 star player that isn't a game changer. It couldn't of gone any worse.

You will see in time.

Were failing to utilize are premium capital with any efficiency.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

My first reaction is that it might be the worst piece of drafting I've ever seen. Massive and I mean Massive Firepower was spent on these two prospects. A total of two first round picks(one being a 12) and two fourths in this years draft.

Gary, Where do I start. First of all he has a torn labrum that will require surgery. Then you throw in his lack.of production and documented character issues. On top of that this guy wants to start his own "Agent Agency". This dude is as lazy as they come. This smells of Malik McDowell. This pick could rival Tony Mandarich as an all time bust.

According to Ian Rapoport there's a possibility that Gary will need surgery after the 2019 season but he will be able to play with it this year. Drafted at #12 he will have a hard time rivaling Tony Mandarich as the worst pick in Packers history.

Brandon I'm not big on our picks, particular the 12th pick, but I think you're overreacting a little here buddy.

Brandon overreacting??? Nah, that hasn't happened before and I can't see it being a possibility in the future either ;)

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
According to Ian Rapoport there's a possibility that Gary will need surgery after the 2019 season but he will be able to play with it this year. Drafted at #12 he will have a hard time rivaling Tony Mandarich as the worst pick in Packers history.

Brandon overreacting??? Nah, that hasn't happened before and I can't see it being a possibility in the future either ;)

This is a TOTAL DISASTER of epic proportions. It's a SOLID F all the way. Most important draft in recent memory and we **** THE BED!!!!

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
You may want to go see the Dr. and get some high blood pressure medicine. The season doesn't start for 4 months...That's a long time to be continually pissed off and isn't good for your health. :cautious:;)

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Gary, Where do I start. First of all he has a torn labrum that will require surgery.

Gary was asked this yesterday, he doesn't have a torn labrum, he had a partial dislocation last season (Subluxation) He said he is ready to go right now. At the combine he put up 26 reps on the bench... I don't think he could have done that with a torn labrum, and probably would have skipped the bench press if he did.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't wait until we do better this year. Then we can talk about the EPIC FAILURE of this year.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I'm starting think your in here to troll..

We could of got Christian Wilkins at 12 who is NIGHT AND DAY better prospect and Nassir Adderley(better single high safety prospect) at 30 and still have two 4th round picks. We would still have ammunition to move up board on day 2. What Gute did was a KILLER.

There is NO EXCUSE for this reckless approach Gute has gone about things.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We could of got Christian Wilkins at 12 who is NIGHT AND DAY better prospect and Nassir Adderley(better single high safety prospect) at 30 and still have two 4th round picks. We would still have ammunition to move up board on day 2. What Gute did was a KILLER.

There is NO EXCUSE for this reckless approach Gute has gone about things.

Again, that is your opinion.

It isn't a fact.

Simmer down.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts