1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

The Amish In Control - Mock Draft

Discussion in 'Draft Talk' started by AmishMafia, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Cheesehead625

Cheesehead625 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +142
    Well honestly, I think the Pack are sold on turning Hyde into the FS... I don't know if they are sold on anyone else in particular for the SS role. So if Hyde can turn into the ballhawk like he has the ability to do, why not get someone mean in the secondary?

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. brandon2348

brandon2348 GO PACK GO!

Ratings:
    +382

Yes, Bucannon can definitely "tune guys up". I live in Washington I have watched him play a lot. He was really the only shining star on a horrible defense and it's hard to get any pub playing in Pullman. Bucannon definitely plays mean. The problem is the Burnett contract. I think your right on with Hyde because TT did not look to sign anyone at safety in free agency. I thought he would at least make a stab at Chris Clemons. They must feel real good about Hyde and I think he is a great football player. McCarthy appears to be real high on him being out there more. The good news on Bucannon is Packers scouts were one of six teams at WSU pro day.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
  3. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,043
    As I've mentioned in another thread if a team has interchangeable safeties that means none of them are a great fit at either position.

• Like Like x 1
  4. D3uc3

D3uc3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    So in this team equation I don't see mike Neal and I'm pretty sure Hyde will convert to more of a safety role than cornerback.

5. ExpatPacker

ExpatPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +515
    Here's an alternative to your 2nd take Amish:

Round 1: CJ Mosley, ILB
    Round 2: Ra'shede Hagemen, DT (Packers trade up, #53 and #85 picks)
    Round 3 Comp pick: Donte Moncrief, WR
    Round 4: CJ Fiedorwicz, TE
    Round 5: Terence Brooks, S

Rationale: Everybody's looking to trade down, which means our chances of trading our #1 for an early #2 and #3 picks are low, so why not go the other way?

Hageman's stock has been dropping, but the guy's a freak. Many now see him dropping down into the 2nd round. I know, flashbacks of Jerel Worthy, but Hageman is more physically gifted than Worthy by a long shot. Trading up and nabbing him early in the 2nd would be worth it, even if it means giving up our #3 to get him. Having Hageman develop behind Julius Peppers for a year might be what it takes to make him a real stud.

Moncrief may not be there by the end of round 3, but there's a shot.

6. PikeBadger

PikeBadger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +185
    Interesting take. IMO, attitudes change on draft. I think that a fair number of GM's are like little kids on Christmas eve day. It eats them to see guys dropping off their draft board. They get desperate and stupid. Ted needs to hang around, be patient and capitalize when stupid rears it's head. Draft days were made for men like Ted Thompson.
    We could easily end up with 6-7 top 100 players, maybe 8-9 in top 150. A third will probably never fulfill expectations. A fourth will probably exceed expectations. The remaining will probably make expected contributions to another world championship.

I believe.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,760
    Looks very good to me. I don't know about Hagemann, though. He is so impressive physically, but his play does not match. He has a very high bust potential - I think we should avoid him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,760
    Yep. A early post pointed out my omission. Neal will certainly make the team, and I have Hyde down both at safety and at CB.

9. brandon2348

brandon2348 GO PACK GO!

Ratings:
    +382

Yeah well right now it looks like "Claymaker" is the last 1st round pick that has lived up to draft position in first round, other then a couple years by Raji. Hopefully this year he comes away with either Mosley or Pryor and doesn't reach for a guy like Ra'shede Hageman.

10. thisisnate

thisisnate Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180
    Terrence Brooks falling to round 5. Mmm, nope.