The Aaron Rodgers performance thread

What's our main problem?

• Total voters

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like Jennings and Finely are at it again. These two cannot help themselves when it comes to Rodgers can they?

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like Jennings and Finely are at it again. These two cannot help themselves when it comes to Rodgers can they?
KGB too. As someone said, I would take it more seriously if it was someone currently playing with Rodgers saying these things.
If the Packers regain their winning ways, this will all go away, or at least fade very far into the background.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

Gregg Jennings is a D*ck. Just listened to his ramblings. WTF do you want Rodgers to say about his new coach Greg? You want him to say something you can twist and turn to make yourself look like an even more ungrateful sore D*ck than you already have?

Rodgers said this "A lot of change in life is tough at first, but it usually works out for the best. So I'm excited about what's going on in Green Bay and the future there." To me, that is about as direct of a comment as I would give if I were in Aaron's shoes.

Given that Rodgers has never worked with MLF, what do you want him to say Greg? Unlike you, he isn't going to make comments that have no real legit backing.

Reaction score

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Reaction score
I would love to see a few of the armchair GMs in here actually try and run a real NFL team. Just please don’t let it be the Packers.
Whitset you’d be my first pick for ST coach ;)
You partly blamed bad luck for the Packers not being able to overcome those issues. That's what I disagree with.
All the excuses do (luck or lack thereof is an excuse) is prevent that team from recognizing the issue and doing something unconventional to properly address it

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Normally I like to hear things right from the horse's mouth, so to speak before I form an opinion. In this case though I'd rather take your synopsis :) I have a personal banning of shows like this meant to inflame and create controversy or at least keep it alive as long as possible, so I can't click play.
LOL...I actually played Jennings rantings in the background, twice just to be sure, while I was working. His agent or his employer needs to take Greg aside and say "Greg, you are really just coming off as a guy with a chip on his shoulder about AR and the Packers, shut up until you actually have something factual to say". But we all know guys like him gets clicks and makes them money, so he will keep doing it.

I didn't really make much out of Finley's comments. He didn't say anything new. We all know that Rodgers values and desires trust with his receivers but I doubt that is much different than any other QB in the league. I just couldn't tell if that irritated Finley or he was just stating the obvious.

A guy like Favre might not have been as outspoken about the relationships he had with WR's but I can guarantee you, he valued the ones that were on the same page as him.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gregg Jennings is a D*ck. Just listened to his ramblings. WTF do you want Rodgers to say about his new coach Greg? You want him to say something you can twist and turn to make yourself look like an even more ungrateful sore D*ck than you already have?

Rodgers said this "A lot of change in life is tough at first, but it usually works out for the best. So I'm excited about what's going on in Green Bay and the future there." To me, that is about as direct of a comment as I would give if I were in Aaron's shoes.

Given that Rodgers has never worked with MLF, what do you want him to say Greg? Unlike you, he isn't going to make comments that have no real legit backing.
Not to mention the fact that if he said much more in support of Le Fleur he would be giving more credence to the rumors that he wanted McCarthy gone. Even if that is true, he is smart enough not to go there.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank you for that.

KGB? WTF does he have to say about it? He played defense and wasn't even here when Rodgers took over but what? 1 season? and then the usual suspects and go to naysayers, Finley and Jennings LOL. They've added nothing for years.

and Janis? I think it's fairly obvious the problem wasn't Rodgers, the problem was you. Are you even in the league anymore? Maybe when you can't run a play from the playbook it's not the time to be positive? anyway, i'm sure there are more than a few players that found great benefit to playling with Rodgers even if they weren't best friends.

I'm pretty sure Rodgers is very calculated and can probably rub people the wrong way. I'm also pretty sure he's pretty good and if you want to be successful, get on board as a player. I'm also sure he needs to remain a player and let coaches coach if he wants to be the best he can be and take this team where it needs to go. The time to challenge coaches and plays is in meetings and planning. once you take that field or the decision has been made, you play your role as a player or it will eat the team from the inside out.

I'm not saying that's what happened at all, as I do think MM gave Rodgers great leeway to begin with after he earned it. Was hard to put that genie back in the bottle so to speak.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Possibly the one former Packer player I would actually put some stock in his opinion on Rodgers is Jordy Nelson. Even though Jordy might not have been too happy about how he left Green Bay, I could see him giving a pretty solid and concise assessment of how he felt about working with AR.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Not to mention the fact that if he said much more in support of Le Fleur he would be giving more credence to the rumors that he wanted McCarthy gone. Even if that is true, he is smart enough not to go there.
Agreed. I really don't understand what kind of opinion they are expecting from Rodgers on MLF. They have talked once, I doubt Rodgers has kept a close eye on Matt's career as a coach. To me, had he made comments like "Matt is a great coach, he is just what this team needs, etc." That would be about as disingenuous as a guy could get and that is one thing Rodgers is not.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
as i've said before i'll believe the rodgers buy-in when i see it. until then i'm in the skeptical dept with jennings. it's not like he's on an island out there in regards to rodgers. we've all seen and heard enough (much from rodgers himself) to know what's being said has validity.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Janis' quotes are newer. The other 3 quotes are old as dinosaur s**t. Same old rehashed crap from known malcontents.

Janis was dumped because he couldn't nail down the playbook in a timing route geared passing offense. Of course the QB is going to be giving that receiver the stink eye.

Also, the artcle they're referring to was a re-hash job by one of Bob McGinn's proteges.

All accounted for...the guys looking for negatives never dig real deep to balance it out and as I said, he's one of McGinn's guys.

I've never met Aaron Rodgers. Probably never will but if in my most prejudicial moment... I'd admit to thinking he can sometimes appear to be a guy who's in love with "Aaron, The Brand". Still, I've never idolized pro athletes anyway...so, as long as he wins, I don't care whether or not it's all a facade. You know?

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Greg has to be the saltiest little b*tch I've ever seen. Love how these 3 just pile on about this and quotes Finley who is probably one of the dumbest people to come through the NFL and KGB who hardly even played with Rodgers so his opinion means nothing. Janis also needs to get over himself and knows when he runs a ****** route he's going to hear about it, and I'm guessing it's why he was never implemented in the top 4.

I'm pretty tired of hearing this garbage of Aaron not taking responsibility for anything. I've heard him take blame for things in post game interviews constantly. "Oh but he doesn't mean it. Tom and Payton did." Spare me.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
People, this is what happens when you have become losers in the NFL and you have Aaron Rodgers as your QB and he actually starts all 16 games. The wheels come off.

Everyone knows Aaron is a bit of a narcissist and difficult which I believe is in a good way as he is a huge competitor and perfectionist. Rodgers also plays hurt and leads by example.

If the Packers would of got Rodgers the help he deserves these conversations wouldn't be surfacing as big stories.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone knows Aaron is a bit of a narcissist and difficult which I believe is in a good way as he is a huge competitor and perfectionist. Rodgers also plays hurt and leads by example..
Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me at all to find out that Rodgers might be a little aloof and egotistical. If he's not, there are a lot of people saying he is, where there's smoke there's fire, I say. But I don't care. What difference does it make what kind of personality he has? As long as he does his job, and as long as the team wins, who cares? I sure don't. If these guys are trying to get me to hate Rodgers it isn't working. If the team is winning, none of this is an issue.

On that video of Jennings that Pokerbrat2000 posted, look how quick Skip Bayless is to jump in on it, he can't wait to hear or say something bad about Rodgers. What surprises me a little is what Shannon Sharpe said though, because he's usually a big supporter of Aaron. But apparently from what he's saying here Rodgers didn't like something he said and took him to task for it.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
People, this is what happens when you have become losers in the NFL and you have Aaron Rodgers as your QB and he actually starts all 16 games. The wheels come off.

Everyone knows Aaron is a bit of a narcissist and difficult which I believe is in a good way as he is a huge competitor and perfectionist. Rodgers also plays hurt and leads by example.

If the Packers would of got Rodgers the help he deserves these conversations wouldn't be surfacing as big stories.

Agreed and I would add to that, when you are loosing, everyone and their Greg's sister is going to have their theories as to why. So the media wants to get any and all controversial twists, especially from any ex-teammate. Since the Packers are actually losing, some people will say "Hey this Janis guy must know what he is talking about, look at how bad the Packers played the last 2 seasons." I still can't believe nobody has blamed Danica yet. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
It’s ironic that’s its mainly X players who’s careers were cut short in GB for one reason or another. Plus a few others who want to join the witch hunt or pile on.

There’s an old song sung by Eric Clapton called “nobody knows you” (when you’re down and out)
Ironically, that’s also a common route for a wide receiver! This is so common. In general, people seperate themselves from you when you’re at a low point, they to kick you when you’re down so to speak.
It’s the lowest form of self pride (in the good book Pride has never been a good thing going back thousands of years). Suddenly our educational system has flipped it and made it a positive thing?

What I see from guys like Jennings is the antithesis of Virtue and its not attractive to me one iota. I see a man who puts himself on a pedestal (Jennings) as he’s claiming that a former colleague puts himself on a pedestal. The irony in Jennings repeated accusations is laughable at best and a deep sickness at worse. Here’s a guy who when GB released him was going to be nothing more than an average Receiver at best, his numbers were pedestrian the minute #12 stopped making him look so good.

Jennings continues to attempt to take the focus off his own shortcomings in MN by attacking the one player who made him look better than he actually was.

D

Deleted member 6794

as i've said before i'll believe the rodgers buy-in when i see it. until then i'm in the skeptical dept with jennings.

I have a hard time understanding any Packers fan agreeing with Jennings opinion, that says a lot more about you than it does about Rodgers though.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a hard time understanding any Packers fan agreeing with Jennings opinion, that says a lot more about you than it does about Rodgers though.
lol...rodgers undermined mccarthy publicly and went rogue on the field. in one sentence he says he wants to win but then says he did the Packers a favor signing for only $33.5/year. yes...i'm skeptical his ego will allow him to make the changes in his game, and thinking, to win.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol...rodgers undermined mccarthy publicly and went rogue on the field. in one sentence he says he wants to win but then says he did the Packers a favor signing for only $33.5/year. yes...i'm skeptical his ego will allow him to make the changes in his game, and thinking, to win.
Can we not be over dramatic in regards to this "going rogue" thing on McCarthy, especially when we've been questioning McCarthy's play calling? So Aaron changed the plays a few times, more times than not The Packers benefited from the play change. It'd be one thing if it didn't work, but from what we know, Rodgers was successful. And I seriously hope you're not implying Rodgers shouldn't have gotten all that money that he was rightly owed, especially considering how the organization failed to hold up their part of the deal by placing the parts around him to win another title.

Latest posts