The Aaron Rodgers performance thread

What's our main problem?

• Total voters
I

I asked LT to delete my acct

The Packers still lack a true #2 receiver and their tight ends haven't performed up to expectations. Rodgers doesn't have as much talent to throw the ball to compared to early in his career by any means.

Don't forget that Rodgers missed mandatory minicamp as well. He should be run out of town for that :rolleyes:

Let me be abundantly clear about it first, of course you're entitled to your own opinion. I find it hard to understand that you list Moss and Sherman among your favorite players of all time considering their legal issues yet despise Rodgers for his character flaws.

Because Capt, and let ME be abundantly clear, I admire and admired those two players for their abilities as football players. The legal issues do not affect my team the Packers. Rodgers behaviour affects my team, and that is what I dislike, because it affects the team I support. I DO NOT and wouldn`t say he is not a talented QB, I just think I don`t like his character traits. I respect other peoples opinions, but I dont share them.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Because Capt, and let ME be abundantly clear, I admire and admired those two players for their abilities as football players. The legal issues do not affect my team the Packers. Rodgers behaviour affects my team, and that is what I dislike, because it affects the team I support. I DO NOT and wouldn`t say he is not a talented QB, I just think I don`t like his character traits. I respect other peoples opinions, but I dont share them.
So you would like and admire Aaron Rodgers if he played for another team???

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Randy Moss was let go from 3 teams for quitting on them. Supremely talented, but definitely not on my admire list.

Randy Moss should have been a Packer and i bet had TT just come off a 3rd round pick...youd have admired him while Favre was throwing him 20 tds instead of Brady

I

I'm the one who takes it personally? That's hilarious. All I did was ask a question.
Of course you were just asking a question......lol If you believe in reincarnation, never come back as a fish. You bite every time.

D

Deleted member 11740

We all thought this 6 months ago about AR based on what the media reported… BUT based on his performance so far this year with the worst team he’s played with in his career do you still hold this opinion?
Your answer doesn’t matter because you’re stupid.
Also don’t bother responding because your post suggests you are a moron and a can’t be ducked dealing with morons. HANL
***MOD EDIT ***

Last edited by a moderator:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Idk about that but if he did...not before he put up the greatest season by a wr in league history
that resulted in?

I know Randy was good, I said as much, but he's not on my admire list. he quit 4 times on 3 different teams because he didn't get his way. It was brought up that Rodgers hurts his own team, well, so does quitting on them, something Randy has done a few times.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another option might be to go the Drew Breeze way. Pay him year to year. Don't know if he would go for it and it probably would have to mean that they have come to terms (both sides) with their differences. Anyway, I definitely like his team attitude this year.

I

We all thought this 6 months ago about AR based on what the media reported… BUT based on his performance so far this year with the worst team he’s played with in his career do you still hold this opinion?
Your answer doesn’t matter because you’re stupid.
Also don’t bother responding because your post suggests you are a moron and a can’t be ducked dealing with morons. HANL
have a great day you moron ;)

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Randy Moss was let go from 3 teams for quitting on them. Supremely talented, but definitely not on my admire list.
That's true about him kind of quitting on teams. I had forgotten about that. Not running routes. Looking like Bob Hayes in the Ice Bowl. He sure went for it when he got to a contender though. I wonder what his stats were on those "quit" teams.

I

I was talking of the mans abilities Mondio, nothing more and his actions didn`t affect the team I support. Thank you for your courtesy, unlike that other moron.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that resulted in?

I know Randy was good, I said as much, but he's not on my admire list. he quit 4 times on 3 different teams because he didn't get his way. It was brought up that Rodgers hurts his own team, well, so does quitting on them, something Randy has done a few times.

Fair enough i can see not admiring him as a person... but i dont think its a stretch at all to say that had TT made the correct move... the Packers beat the Giants because that game isnt close with Moss a packer and then they go on to beat the patriots...

And he wasn't just good he was arguable the best of all time. It really comes down to him or Rice

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fair enough i can see not admiring him as a person... but i dont think its a stretch at all to say that had TT made the correct move... the Packers beat the Giants because that game isnt close with Moss a packer and then they go on to beat the patriots...

And he wasn't just good he was arguable the best of all time. It really comes down to him or Rice
For when he played, Don Hutson had incredible stats. There have been a lot of great receivers.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Of course you were just asking a question......lol If you believe in reincarnation, never come back as a fish. You bite every time.
I was merely pointing out the irony and double standard of liking a guy like Moss because he plays for another team which means it doesn't effect the Packers, but if Rodgers played for another team you still wouldn't like him. That's all.

It's also a curious opinion to think I take this personally whenever you have personal animosity toward him as a person. :confused:

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
@jhawk008

Brian has Decades of frustrating vets and never changing?
Give us just 10-15 of your “countless” list? Decades would certainly be enough time to formulate a substantial list as there have been well over 1,000 veteran players through Brian’s multi-decade tenure

If you can’t do that? then your post is completely unsubstantiated and your attacking Brian Gutekunst’s personal reputation. Not to mention as an employee and valuable part of our organization. This is totally uncalled for and I demand proof.

I’ll be checking back to research your answers to verify your credibility and I’ll expect dozens of specifics for these claims.
From here a lot of Rodgers' angst should be aimed at TT and not Gute. It was TT who let Cobb, Jordy and Woodson, to name a few, go. I can't imagine Ted signing the FAs Gute has the past couple of years.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing is, the Rodgers business is still unsettled. The Packers have him under contract through the 2023 season, yet we are still hearing the rumblings of this being his last season in GB. It's great that the Packers are 5-1, winning heals all wounds, but the Rodgers situation is still sadly a very large elephant in the room.
If you watch his post game presser in Chicago he hinted that that this last game in the Windy City wasn't going to be his last in this rivalry.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They will be back after a loss, especially if AR has a poor outing.

That said, I was one who wondered where his head might be at, especially if we started losing. Glad to see that so far my fears did not come to fruition.
Those fears will come to fruition in the playoffs. This team always fails when it counts. So close but.... It's like your wife putting pizza in front of your mouth thinking she is offering you to have a bite then jokingly takes it away and laughs in your face then on top of that toys with your emotions when you think you were going to get lucky later that night but she says, "not tonight, honey." *sigh*

Just to clarify that THAT never happened to me......

Last edited:

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I stand by everything I said about #12 and while some things have changed a little bit, I still don't trust him fully. He has played pretty well in 2 games. There are 14 games left. For me, the jury is still out. He reminds me of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Just my opinion.
That sly devil.

I

I was merely pointing out the irony and double standard of liking a guy like Moss because he plays for another team which means it doesn't effect the Packers, but if Rodgers played for another team you still wouldn't like him. That's all.

It's also a curious opinion to think I take this personally whenever you have personal animosity toward him as a person. :confused:

Maybe the ignore button might be appropriate here ? You`ll never change my opinion and I know I`ll never change yours. I dont mean it in any aggressive way, but all we seem to do is knock horns ? I`ll leave it to you. No hard feelings on my part. unlike the other wayne kerr.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Latest posts