The Aaron Rodgers performance thread

What's our main problem?

• Total voters

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Man, that was quite the back and forth. I think more than one thing can be true at the same time. I think one could argue that Rodgers did seam disinterested. I'm not on that side of things, but watching him on the sidelines could give that impression. I think there is a bigger sample size showing how competitive of a guy he is and he knows he is not going to get a lot of games to play in yet. He is fully aware he is in the twilight of his career regardless of the team he is playing for. I can understand the take though. I'm just not buying it.

I don't think winning the MVP is his ultimate goal. He has enough of those. I don't think he cares about the numbers either. I think he realizes that his numbers are a result of his play. Not chasing an MVP award. His play was bad. I think he was in a mode where he knew he was going to have to take some chances in order to win the game. Something he usually does not fall in a trap for.

Look at it this way. If he goes out and does not throw those interceptions and they lose 38-9 because we got a couple of field goals people would be saying, "oh, he doesn't take chances. He is too worried about his numbers". Instead, he took some chances and it gave bad results. He will get criticized either way. He knows he needs to play better and historically he has stepped it up after bad games. Same with MLF. He knows he was out coached and in his brief history has stepped it up after losses.

As I said before, it is week 1. A lot needs to improve, but the sky is not falling. Let's see what it looks like in week 5 or 6. Then I might be telling everyone to seek shelter because the sky is letting loose. Until then, GPG!

Reaction score
Rodgers said he didn't want this season to be his farewell season.
If he and the team doesn't improve from Sunday, he wouldn't have much to say about it,
The Packers will make that decision themselves.

I'm liking Jorden Love even more.

Toad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you practise being a loudmouth know it all or does it just come naturally ? Typical keyboard warrior. Because your OPINION is different, doesn`t make it right. It`s a discussion board and people have opinions, not just you.
Lol yes sir Hawk thinks he’s God and knows it all!!! Loves to put people down! Here’s the respect I feel sad for Him!! Lol

Toad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mondio - Did you 'like' because they're leaving or the underlying sentiment? :) Mondio this is Barb. My comment about jerks on this forum was directed at just one person and we ALL know that is Mr. charming Hawk. He constantly puts everyone down on here and I have seen several other complaints about Him on here. The only other thing that surprises me is that he hasn’t been removed yet. I apologize to anyone else who thought that remark was directed at them. It was not. I let my boyfriend read some of the stuff Hawk has posted and He thinks he should be removed. I am trying to take your advice and be respectful but I am also entitled to stand up for myself.

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you practise being a loudmouth know it all or does it just come naturally ? Typical keyboard warrior. Because your OPINION is different, doesn`t make it right. It`s a discussion board and people have opinions, not just you.
And I'm allowed to call their opinions silly if I see fit. You can do the same if you want, I just like logic behind people's opinions.

Toad

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being called a jerk is a step up for me
Lol !!no you’re not a jerk. Everyone on here knows who I was referring to and there is only1!!!! Lol Have a great day! Ps My boyfriend is watching this jerk on here! Lol

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you are saying that 6 And had a performance as bad as Rodgers in the first game of the season and at the end of that same year were named the MVP? I know Brady opened the season one time and was destroyed by Buffalo. But come on! Unitas, Montana, Marino, Manning, Brees, Warner, Starr. Just cannot recall that happening. A QB rating in the 30s?

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you are saying that 6 had a performance as bad as Rodgers in the first game of the season and at the end of that same year were named the MVP? I know Brady opened the season one time and was destroyed by Buffalo. But come on! Unitas, Montana, Marino, Manning, Brees, Warner, Starr. Just cannot recall that happening. A QB rating in the 30s?

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wanna see all the people complaining about Rodgers attitude show me all the posts where they thought Brady was a pouting superstar after the Bucs loss to the Saints last year in which Brady was worse than Rodgers.

That's the downside to having the best QB in NFL history for so long, fans lose touch with what happens regularly to other quarterbacks.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
I wanna see all the people complaining about Rodgers attitude show me all the posts where they thought Brady was a pouting superstar after the Bucs loss to the Saints last year in which Brady was worse than Rodgers.

That's the downside to having the best QB in NFL history for so long, fans lose touch with what happens regularly to other quarterbacks.
I’m not sure what that proves at all. I don’t think Rodgers was pouting. Frustrated? Yes, I would say that. Looking like a old hippy? Yes, I would agree with that. Pouting? Nah.

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Alot of fans have lost touch with reality in terms of QB play. Back to back HOFers will do that to you, and normally I don't blame the fans. But when they act so high and mighty towards great players and question their integrity based on nothing but their own CT theories they made up in their head.... That's where I draw the line.

Reaction score
Oh no Crow..... Rodgers was on the Pat Mcafee show being a complete dbag laughing about the game on Sunday!! It's obvious he doesn't care!! He went so far as to blame him getting hit below the belt as to why the pass was off on that 1st INT!! Its now become obvious that Rodgers is indeed sabotaging the season and is indeed making a mockery of the Green and Gold!! This has convinced me!!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
I’ve been as critical as many about Aaron Rodgers. He didn’t seem anything but acknowledging they got their butt kicked. He just mentioned on that 1 INT he took an unusual crotch shot and it kinda shook him. I think he’s been truthful about that i didn’t get the impression he thought this was funny or anything like that. He even said the locker room was pretty dismal afterwards.
That’s said I don’t know where you’re getting this or are you just joking around this evaluation of Rodgers almost comes across as you being sarcastic.

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

There were actually a lot of PATRIOT fans who took notice of their former HOF QB sentiments after that Saint loss. But it did go unnoticed. Brady whined plenty over the years win or lose. The football world was used to it. Rodgers is an introvert.

D

Deleted member 6794

But how many MVP QBs with a performance like Week One in that year named?

I don't care about the MVP award but winning the Super Bowl.

It happened 58 times that a team had a worse passer rating than Rodgers on Sunday and ended up playing in the Super Bowl that season. That list includes Starr, Montana, Young, Elway, Peyton and Brady.

I agree he was terrible against the Saints but it might be time to relax a bit.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care about the MVP award but winning the Super Bowl.

It happened 58 times that a team had a worse passer rating than Rodgers on Sunday and ended up playing in the Super Bowl that season. That list includes Starr, Montana, Young, Elway, Peyton and Brady.

I agree he was terrible against the Saints but it might be time to relax a bit.
Are you talking the first game of the season or any game?

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you really that obtuse? He's putting on a show in that interview. I couldn't give two ***** about what he tries to portray in a set up interview. I'm talking about his ****-poor attitude ON THE FIELD.
I did not see all the poor attitude from Rodgers. I saw a guy looking for open receivers. I did notice on occasion that he just followed a guy (or area) with his eyes and did not look over the field at all though.

LetzBreel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alot of fans have lost touch with reality in terms of QB play. Back to back HOFers will do that to you, and normally I don't blame the fans. But when they act so high and mighty towards great players and question their integrity based on nothing but their own CT theories they made up in their head.... That's where I draw the line.
....."they act so high and mighty"...... I can think of at least one person that fits that description.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts