What's our main problem?

• Total voters
OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the most talent at wr that Brady has had since he had Randy Moss. He probably won't put up as many yards as Winston as he'll likely not have to play from behind as often. That offense is still looking like it will put up a TON of points.

Not sure I follow. Weapons like who? I don't see a Top 10 WR or RB in their roster to warrant a comparison to Randy Moss of all people. Evans? I'm not sure about his consistency at peak. With reduced yards due to Brady, I think his numbers will drop too.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure I follow. Weapons like who? I don't see a Top 10 WR or RB in their roster to warrant a comparison to Randy Moss of all people. Evans? I'm not sure about his consistency at peak. With reduced yards due to Brady, I think his numbers will drop too.

I'll bite as I must assume based on your response that you don't know much about Tampa. Brady now has the best tandem of WRs in the league. Godwin and Evans. They should keep Howard imo knowing how often Brady uses the TE and Brate would be the best TE on our roster. He's literally surrounded by offensive talent in Tampa who all get an upgrade at the qb position. Granted, Jones is a big question starting at RB. Don't be surprised if they start a rookie there. I guess it all depends on how they gel and how Arians uses people. But if we get football this year that team will obviously be one to watch.

D

Deleted member 6794

Ya, I was totally wrong on that hot take too... Oh wait... they scored in the top 5 for points again last year. Oh, and this just in... did Tom Brady choose their team? They must have had a total dumpster fire offense for him to choose there in the twilight of his career... :roflmao::rolleyes:

Once again, you solely take a look at volume numbers while completely ignoring more important numbers on efficiency. The Buccaneers ranked 23rd in passer rating last season and that doesn't even show that Winston threw seven (!!!) pick sixes in 2019.

Brady chose the Buccaneers because they offered a boatload of money. I expect him to struggle with them though.

Obviously there's no way to prove my points, we go on boards like this to spout our opinions.

The problem being that you claim to know stuff for a fact, mostly when it's pretty obvious you're wrong.

TB led the league in points last year, and also passing yards.

Just for the record, the Buccaneers ranked third in points scored last season.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once again, you solely take a look at volume numbers while completely ignoring more important numbers on efficiency. The Buccaneers ranked 23rd in passer rating last season and that doesn't even show that Winston threw seven (!!!) pick sixes in 2019.

Brady chose the Buccaneers because they offered a boatload of money. I expect him to struggle with them though.

The problem being that you claim to know stuff for a fact, mostly when it's pretty obvious you're wrong.

Just for the record, the Buccaneers ranked third in points scored last season.

And it's your opinion that passer rating trumps every other stat. After your lengthy defeat at my hands last year you'd think you would have learned something. Tom had Tampa on his short list because they're a QB away from lighting up the NFC.

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll bite as I must assume based on your response that you don't know much about Tampa. Brady now has the best tandem of WRs in the league. Godwin and Evans. They should keep Howard imo knowing how often Brady uses the TE and Brate would be the best TE on our roster. He's literally surrounded by offensive talent in Tampa who all get an upgrade at the qb position. Granted, Jones is a big question starting at RB. Don't be surprised if they start a rookie there. I guess it all depends on how they gel and how Arians uses people. But if we get football this year that team will obviously be one to watch.

I get your point. But what does not sync is Arians O being quite open to air and prefer downfield plays...which Brady last did about 13 years ago with Randy Moss (Ah, now I get the Moss reference). His stats for previous decade was on possession short passing game. Can Brady roll back his style to Moss's era? It's not a open/shut case. Personally, I seriously doubt he can get back to his 2007 game style and in top form...at his age.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if this offense is going to depend on Brady going downfield, I think outside of a maybe quick start, they'll find it tough going the rest of the year.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting stat, if its 100% accurate.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I mean, when you break down the number of receiving snaps that receivers/tight ends ran last year (I'm including TEs because the tweet isn't clear on if it's only WRs), you can completely understand why the Packers would have lead the NFL in this (snaps shown below are only passing snaps):

Adams: 532 passing snaps
Lazard: 369
MVS: 361
Kumerow: 224
Allison: 495

Marcedes Lewis: 177
Tonyan: 98
Sternberger: 31
Graham: 480

So, out of a possible 2,767 passing snaps shared among receivers, 42.97% of them were run by proven, reliable pass catchers (Adams, Lewis, and Graham). That's insanely low. The tweet you reference (and the breakdown above) should be all the evidence that the front office and fans need to know that receiver is a major need for this team.

Look at it another way, Rodgers was on the field for 759 pass plays and Adams was only on the field for about 70% of those passes. There just isn't a lot of reliable receiving help on this team outside of Adams and Jones right now.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get your point. But what does not sync is Arians O being quite open to air and prefer downfield plays...which Brady last did about 13 years ago with Randy Moss (Ah, now I get the Moss reference). His stats for previous decade was on possession short passing game. Can Brady roll back his style to Moss's era? It's not a open/shut case. Personally, I seriously doubt he can get back to his 2007 game style and in top form...at his age.

It would appear that Arians offense has been fluid, probably reflecting the talents of his players. For example, with Palmer in Arizona he was closer to the bottom of the league in air yards. Monken probably had a big hand in developing their offense in Tampa, he was a big fan of airing it out. The Cardinals in 2016 had a large reliance on the run game, David Johnson crushed that year I believe (and some think that his volume essentially ruined him). I don't think Ronald Jones has remotely the same skillset and thus I wouldn't be surprised if they start at rookie RB at some point - though Arians has been reluctant to put rookies on the field in the past.

D

Deleted member 6794

And it's your opinion that passer rating trumps every other stat. After your lengthy defeat at my hands last year you'd think you would have learned something.

:roflmao: It seems like you've lost your sense of reality.

Passer rating isn't the only metric that should be considered when talking about a pass offense but it's definitely way more meaningful than looking at total yards.

You're right. That's not bad though.

True, the Buccaneers played a high risk style to accomplish that though. That should definitely be considered as well.

It would appear that Arians offense has been fluid, probably reflecting the talents of his players. For example, with Palmer in Arizona he was closer to the bottom of the league in air yards. Monken probably had a big hand in developing their offense in Tampa, he was a big fan of airing it out. The Cardinals in 2016 had a large reliance on the run game, David Johnson crushed that year I believe (and some think that his volume essentially ruined him). I don't think Ronald Jones has remotely the same skillset and thus I wouldn't be surprised if they start at rookie RB at some point - though Arians has been reluctant to put rookies on the field in the past.

Not surprisingly you're wrong once again.
Palmer had the fifth highest air yards per attempt in 2016 all while targeting a running back in David Johnson 120 times. The following season, at age 37, he still ranked seventh in that category among all quarterbacks, Winston second last year.

That indicates Arians tends to throw the ball deep more often than most other coaches in the league.

On the other hand Brady ranked 28th in 2019.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:roflmao: It seems like you've lost your sense of reality.

Passer rating isn't the only metric that should be considered when talking about a pass offense but it's definitely way more meaningful than looking at total yards.

True, the Buccaneers played a high risk style to accomplish that though. That should definitely be considered as well.

Not surprisingly you're wrong once again.
Palmer had the fifth highest air yards per attempt in 2016 all while targeting a running back in David Johnson 120 times. The following season, at age 37, he still ranked seventh in that category among all quarterbacks, Winston second last year.

That indicates Arians tends to throw the ball deep more often than most other coaches in the league.

On the other hand Brady ranked 28th in 2019.

This is a hilarious reply because you (obviously unknowing to yourself) just conceded the Tampa argument with me by stating one my own arguments back to me. Passer rating isn't everything. I'm glad you learned something. Let's move on.

Also, It was actually 2017 when Palmer had the numbers I mentioned. Seems that team struggled enough that Arians up and quit. He had health problems too if I remember correctly. See I'm able to backtrack and correct myself. Take notes. Obviously losing DJ affected what they do that year.

D

Deleted member 6794

This is a hilarious reply because you (obviously unknowing to yourself) just conceded the Tampa argument with me by stating one my own arguments back to me. Passer rating isn't everything. I'm glad you learned something. Let's move on.

Geez, you have probably the worst skills of comprehending information that I've seen around here in a long time.

Also, It was actually 2017 when Palmer had the numbers I mentioned.

As mentioned above Palmer didn't have the numbers you mentioned in 2017 either as he had the seventh highest air yards per attempt in the league in 2017 at age 37 as well. Once again you're wrong.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Geez, you have probably the worst skills of comprehending information that I've seen around here in a long time.

As mentioned above Palmer didn't have the numbers you mentioned in 2017 either as he had the seventh highest air yards per attempt in the league in 2017 at age 37 as well. Once again you're wrong.

Ahh, player profiler had him ranked low for total air yards, but that was because he played fewer games. Fine, I'll concede that Arians likes his QB to chuck the rock.

I still won the Tampa argument though, what a ride that was! Glad you were able to learn something.

D

Deleted member 6794

I still won the Tampa argument though, what a ride that was! Glad you were able to learn something.

Last season, the Buccaneers threw the most interceptions of any team since 2009 and Winston had the most pick sixes in league history in a single year.

Them leading the league in passing yards doesn't make up for that by any means.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last season, the Buccaneers threw the most interceptions of any team since 2009 and Winston had the most pick sixes in league history in a single year.

Them leading the league in passing yards doesn't make up for that by any means.

Our argument was about the 2018 Tampa team. Please try and keep up. At no point have I stated that the 2019 team was an elite offense (though I'll concede they have great players).

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Gronkowski getting traded to the Bucs, I'd say their offense just got more interesting.

D

Deleted member 6794

Our argument was about the 2018 Tampa team. Please try and keep up. At no point have I stated that the 2019 team was an elite offense (though I'll concede they have great players).

You expected the 2019 Buccaneers to feature an elite passing offense. That was a wrong take once again.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nope again, and though I know your goal is to be as pedantic as possible on this board, please stick to the facts.
Says the guy who believes The Vikings would've beaten us if we met them in the playoffs, although we defeated them twice? Matter of fact according to you just about any team in the playoffs would've likely beaten us under certain circumstances?

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
True, wouldn't it be awesome if Rodgers took more risks to complete more highlight reel passes just to get intercepted on the next attempt??? :rolleyes:
what would you have him do now, at his age and declining skill level, with these non-adams receivers? use them or keep holding the ball? take more sacks and hits? lead the league in throw-aways again? all of the above?