Thanks to the replacements

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I posted this in a different thread but I was afraid it would get buried there and it think it deserves its own thread.

I doubt anyone else will do so, so I will thank the replacements for the services they rendered for 2 months. They knew they were going into a no-win situation and they knew any bad call would be talked about non-stop, and they were. The best of them proved they were worthy of the job and hopefully those who were will eventually replace morons like Levy, Triplette and Coleman. So thanks to them for doing their best and showing up to work regardless of the haters.

BTW, CJ Spiller thanked them too in case anyone thinks this is ridiculous.

Like_That

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont blame the replacement refs but put blame on the NFL. Trying to learn a new set of rules with in a month then adjusting to the speed of the NFL would be difficult for lots of people.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I blame the scab refs.
They didn't have to take the jobs.
They had a choice and they made the wrong one.
The only ones I don't blame are the coaches and players who would yell at them.
Morons wouldn't listen to one of the Harbaugh bros. and threw a flag when all he just wanted to do was to TALK to him.
And I was OK with Billacheat grabbing the other one.
Bunch of worthless morons who blew it for the Packers.
I hope they all slither back under the rocks they came from and never emerge again!

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont blame the replacement refs but put blame on the NFL. Trying to learn a new set of rules with in a month then adjusting to the speed of the NFL would be difficult for lots of people.
it takes 2 years to train a ref

OP
OP
GreenBlood

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I blame the scab refs.
They didn't have to take the jobs.
They had a choice and they made the wrong one.

I would NEVER criticize anyone for taking a job... especially in this economy!

Bunch of worthless morons who blew it for the Packers.
I hope they all slither back under the rocks they came from and never emerge again!

Lance Easley blew it all by himself. BTW, so did MM for not running the ball sooner. Your attitude reeks.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would NEVER criticize anyone for taking a job... especially in this economy!
Anyone? Really? Even if that person is un-qualified?
You wouldn't let yourself be operated on by a surgeon who's only experience is playing the game Operation or get financial advice from someone who plays Monopoly, would you?
Your attitude reeks.
OK so you can forgive and forget more easily than I can and I suppose we may just have to agree to disagree.
This loss was one of the worst and I cannot bring myself to blame the Packers at all.
The refs call should have given us a winning record.
It's just too early for me to get over this.
I'm sure it will be forgotten (Maybe) as the season goes on.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I don't really blame THEM. They did the best they could. There have been missed or bad calls in tons of games. There also will be *****ing about the real refs too at times.......there always is.

But, this remains my favorite gem from the first 3 weeks of the season.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

DoubleC4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lance Easley blew it all by himself. BTW, so did MM for not running the ball sooner. Your attitude reeks.
I disagree with you that Easley blew it all by himself. The head ref should have gone and talked to both of the refs making that final call instead of just running straight to the replay like he did.

OP
OP
GreenBlood

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I disagree with you that Easley blew it all by himself. The head ref should have gone and talked to both of the refs making that final call instead of just running straight to the replay like he did.

The referee was 40 yards away watching the offensive backfield like he was supposed to be doing. Easley, the side judge, signalled touchdown before anyone could stop him. He jumped the gun and i'm sure the other officials were shaking their heads as well. BTW, there's no such thing as a "head ref." He's the referee. Everyone else has other titles.

OP
OP
GreenBlood

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Anyone? Really? Even if that person is un-qualified?
You wouldn't let yourself be operated on by a surgeon who's only experience is playing the game Operation or get financial advice from someone who plays Monopoly, would you?

Are you kidding me? You equate football with surgery? Get real.

gwh11

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks to the replacements, the Packers got hosed. (You forgot to add those last four words to the thread title.)

I can't see Aaron Rodgers or any of the rest of the team thanking the replacements.

The larger issue is that this was a poor miscalculation on the part of the stubborn owners and Goodell.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Screw them. They were more than willing to show up to do this and provide an inferior product. They didn't have to do it and if they didn't then this crap would have been solved before the season started.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NFL( see my signature) put the players and competitive balance at risk with their decision to proceed with replacement refs. It got played out as many said it would from the onset. I'm not thanking anybody for the hose job we got.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't thank them for showing up are you kidding me? They took advantage of an oppertunity and got paid to basicly give us three weeks of terrible football and not even do a good job. It's a disgrace to the league and fans that half these guy's didn't even know the rule book. Dang shame.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I don't thank them and I don't thank Goodell. This season has been irrevocably spoiled for me. Watching NFL isn't fun anymore. They bickered and squabbled over money with the players last year. They bickered and squabbled over money with the Refs this year. The Goodell regime is a totalitarian joke. I won't be satisfied till they fire his sorry butt. (Trying to keep this clean since it's a family site.)

I'll probably find something else to do with my time. Maybe in time I'll reconsider. I'm sure as heck not buying any more NFL merchandise for a long long time. But for now. This season is toast. On to Bundesliga.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can separate my thoughts from emotions. The replacement referees had an opportunity and they took it, giving it their best. As most of us should now, refereeing an NFL game is MUCH harder than the DII, DIII, and junior college games that these refs were used to doing.

As a former referee myself, I know that I would have failed at this task while trying to do my best. My blame falls solely on the NFL. I'm a union guy but don't blame "scabs" because that's how free markets work. When you go on strike or get locked out during a pay dispute, one of the things that you need to consider is that someone will take your job.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I don't blame the replacements for taking the job, but I'm certainly not going to thank them either. Like every other employee, their thanks arrived via paychecks.

OP
OP
GreenBlood

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don't thank them and I don't thank Goodell. This season has been irrevocably spoiled for me. Watching NFL isn't fun anymore. They bickered and squabbled over money with the players last year. They bickered and squabbled over money with the Refs this year. The Goodell regime is a totalitarian joke. I won't be satisfied till they fire his sorry butt. (Trying to keep this clean since it's a family site.)

I'll probably find something else to do with my time. Maybe in time I'll reconsider. I'm sure as heck not buying any more NFL merchandise for a long long time. But for now. This season is toast. On to Bundesliga.

Then why the hell are you still around? Why don't you put your money where your mouth is?

OP
OP
GreenBlood

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thanks to the replacements, the Packers got hosed. (You forgot to add those last four words to the thread title.)

I can't see Aaron Rodgers or any of the rest of team thanking the replacements.

The larger issue is that this was a poor miscalculation on the part of the stubborn owners and Goodell.

NFLRA wasn't stubborn? Please. They only agreed to concessions last night too. To blame one side is intellectually dishonest.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cant imagine any true packer fan would ever thank the refs for what amounts to the biggest screw job in NFL history.

Do you thank the unqualified ER doc that misdiagnoses you?

F*ck the refs and F8ck the owners for putting us in this position. Protect the shield, thats the most important thing, and they lost sight of that.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Then why the hell are you still around? Why don't you put your money where your mouth is?

Because this is a "discussion" forum. It doesn't generate funds for the NFL. Besides, there are other "forums" on this site than just Packer talk. And, btw, I've donated money to this forum so I have a current investment. How about you?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts