Thanks O-line for 0 sacks.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
(...)
One thing about Sunday is for certain - If All Day gets bottled up yet again, Minnesota has to really ask itself whether it is comfortable changing from AD's team to Favre's team because once that happens, there's no turning back, really.

Regardless of the outcome of Sunday's game, I just don't see that happening ...

No teams will EVER not stack the box against AP, regardless (not untill several years from now - if he is still playing) ... he is just too dangerous ... So even IF AP doesn't get yardage ... he is STILL a huge threat ... that fact alone is why the Vikings will still be a "running team" ...

The saying "Any Given Sunday" has never seem more true than when it comes to AP ... - "Any Given Sunday AP *might* run all over a team".

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately, no it will not "do it" for me. The problem is we've got inconsistent management and coaching and we see, first hand, the results.

4-12 one year, 8-8 one year, 13-3 one year, 6-10 one year, yada, yada, yada ...

With Green Bay, one is always waiting for the proverbial "other shoe to drop". It will take a full season and a half before I climb aboard that slippery bandwagon again.

One thing about Sunday is for certain - If All Day gets bottled up yet again, Minnesota has to really ask itself whether it is comfortable changing from AD's team to Favre's team because once that happens, there's no turning back, really.

Unfortunately, it's not going to be as easy to bottle up Adrian as it was for Pitt. They had #2 defense against the run. I'm expecting a shootout on both sides. Our defense isn't looking to shabby these days though.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ah, another post about how suddenly "everything is fixed" - just as I had predicted a few weeks back. It's nice you guys prove me right so much.

Cleveland is awful. Detroit is awful. Don't pretend there is no longer a problem simply because they've put a nice run together.

It's not a step in the right direction until Green Bay's O-line proves its mettle against a quality opponent.
I'm sorry man, but he said we were moving in the right direction, not that everything's fixed. You and angyguy are reading too much into it. Everybody here acknowledges that our OL is TERRIBLE, and that it's TT's fault.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately, it's not going to be as easy to bottle up Adrian as it was for Pitt. They had #2 defense against the run. I'm expecting a shootout on both sides. Our defense isn't looking to shabby these days though.
Packers D:
OVERALL
#3 overall in Yards Per Game.
#4 in Yards Per Play.
T-#5 in Points Per Game
T-#3 in Total Points.

PASS
#4 in passing Yards Per Game
T-#5 in avg Yards Per Attempt
T-#5 in passing Points Per Game
#4 in total passing yards

RUSH
#11 in rushing Yards Per Game.
T-#5 in avg Yards Per Carry
T-#5 in rushing Points Per Game
#10 in total rushing yards.

TAKEAWAYS
T-#3 in Interceptions
T-#3 in Int TDs (1 only)
T-#11 in Fumbles Forced
T-#15 in Fumbles Recovered
T-#2 in F TD (1 only)

Source: http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...OTAL_YARDS_GAME_AVG&d-447263-o=1&d-447263-n=1
-
To me it's not a bad D. And we already bottled up Peterson, without Barnett playing well, and without Bigby (18 points total with Bigby on the field, not considering he didn't play the whole Chicago game, so it may very well be less).

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, no it will not "do it" for me. The problem is we've got inconsistent management and coaching and we see, first hand, the results.

4-12 one year, 8-8 one year, 13-3 one year, 6-10 one year, yada, yada, yada ...

With Green Bay, one is always waiting for the proverbial "other shoe to drop". It will take a full season and a half before I climb aboard that slippery bandwagon again.

But vs the Lions there were 5 sacks....no sacks after TJ Lang went in..

Yesterday was the 1st time TJ Lang was in there the entire game and I think it showed..

And someone said it but let me say it again..

Murgen never said it was fixed he said a step in right direction which going form 5 sacks to ZERO is a move in the right direction

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the link! Problem is with AP he'll be picking up half a yard per carry and next thing you know he's 60 yards for a touchdown. Turn their back for a second and it's all over.

Members online

Latest posts