Thanks O-line for 0 sacks.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Dunno why nobody has really mentioned it. But, way to go O-line for giving up 0, yes 0 sacks against the browns. Yeah, it was the browns, but still it's a good step in the right direction.

I don't expect that next week, but hey, at least we didn't give any up and Rogers got a week off from getting beat up. Hopefully he'll be fresh for next weeks game.

Packer 007

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think it's mentioned much because it was against the Browns. The sickly Browns.

However, considering the disaster the O-Line's been up to this point, it is a ray of sunshine, regardless. And it was without Clifton and Tauscher, so we'll see. It'll take more than one decent outing to convince us gloom and doomers.

Nevertheless, we knock 'em when they stink, a little praise wouldn't hurt when they get the job done.

:happy0005:

liljohn5115

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mentioned it briefly in the packers-vikes rematch thread. They did a great job and when I was looking at Rodgers numbers this morning I noticed out of all the QBs he had the highest QB rating. And I smiled to myself because seeing that big "0" in the sacks column was a great factor that led to that rating.

Given, yes it was the browns, but you gotta crawl before you can walk. It's definitely a little more relieving to know that we can at least keep our QB from getting beat up from an avg to below avg team. I'm anxious for next week and will be particularly paying attention to see how the o-line holds up against JA and the rest of that tough d-line.

OP
OP
Murgen

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Yeah, seems like his protection was pretty good. Considering last week against 2nd string Lion D-linemen we gave up what, 5 sacks. So I'd say this was a step in the right direction.

We do rag on them when they suck, so I though it would be nice to give some praise when it's due.

Can we play the Browns every week?

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, seems like his protection was pretty good. Considering last week against 2nd string Lion D-linemen we gave up what, 5 sacks. So I'd say this was a step in the right direction.

We do rag on them when they suck, so I though it would be nice to give some praise when it's due.

Can we play the Browns every week?

I love the last sentence wish we could as we would win the superbowl Im sure of it :D

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I said it to LT. That any progression would be awesome, independent of the opposition, because against garbage Lions, they struggled mightly. I say let this line gel. Lang, Colledge, Wells, Sitton and Barbre.

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doesn't matter that it was only the Browns. How many did they give up to Detroit and the Rams?

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I knew this would happen. 2 wins against 2 of the nfl's worst and its "the pack are improving". Sad state of affairs when a win over a horrible team generates excitement

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I knew this would happen. 2 wins against 2 of the nfl's worst and its "the pack are improving". Sad state of affairs when a win over a horrible team generates excitement

Yeah, it sounds kind of like all the exitement in Vikingland when they beat the same teams.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you hear anyone say that the Packers are SB bound? All that has been said, rightfully so, is that if we play like this we might be able to get to the playoffs, that looking at our schedulle, we have a shot.

That's a sad state of affairs?

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Angryguy sure is angry.

He sure is. I consider it a good thing and a fun thing to get excited over your team's win, no matter who it's against. It must take a lot of fun out of life not being able to enjoy things like that.

angryguy77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im not pointing th finger at anyone in general. Just that there was a time when we didnt have to look at wins over these kinds of teams as an indication of how the state of the team is. A win is always good, but I dont think anything can be taken away as to how good the packers are as a team. Dont take that as a cut but I think people are setting themselves up for a let down for the second straight year.
Until the the Ravens and Steelers game, I didn't get too jacked about minn. i do believe that they have proved they are for real with these last two weeks.

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im not pointing th finger at anyone in general. Just that there was a time when we didnt have to look at wins over these kinds of teams as an indication of how the state of the team is. A win is always good, but I dont think anything can be taken away as to how good the packers are as a team. Dont take that as a cut but I think people are setting themselves up for a let down for the second straight year.
Until the the Ravens and Steelers game, I didn't get too jacked about minn. i do believe that they have proved they are for real with these last two weeks.

I agree, Baltimore hurt themselves at the end, but they lost and that's all that counts. Mn played well against the SB champs. I did consider those 2 games a barometer for Mn. This coming Sunday will let us know if the Pack can play with the big boys.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dunno why nobody has really mentioned it. But, way to go O-line for giving up 0, yes 0 sacks against the browns. Yeah, it was the browns, but still it's a good step in the right direction.

I don't expect that next week, but hey, at least we didn't give any up and Rogers got a week off from getting beat up. Hopefully he'll be fresh for next weeks game.

Ah, another post about how suddenly "everything is fixed" - just as I had predicted a few weeks back. It's nice you guys prove me right so much.

Cleveland is awful. Detroit is awful. Don't pretend there is no longer a problem simply because they've put a nice run together.

It's not a step in the right direction until Green Bay's O-line proves its mettle against a quality opponent.

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ah, another post about how suddenly "everything is fixed" - just as I had predicted a few weeks back. It's nice you guys prove me right so much.

Cleveland is awful. Detroit is awful. Don't pretend there is no longer a problem simply because they've put a nice run together.

It's not a step in the right direction until Green Bay's O-line proves its mettle against a quality opponent.

Will this weekend's win against the Vikes do it? You've got to admit it's going to be a fun game.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Will this weekend's win against the Vikes do it? You've got to admit it's going to be a fun game.

Unfortunately, no it will not "do it" for me. The problem is we've got inconsistent management and coaching and we see, first hand, the results.

4-12 one year, 8-8 one year, 13-3 one year, 6-10 one year, yada, yada, yada ...

With Green Bay, one is always waiting for the proverbial "other shoe to drop". It will take a full season and a half before I climb aboard that slippery bandwagon again.

One thing about Sunday is for certain - If All Day gets bottled up yet again, Minnesota has to really ask itself whether it is comfortable changing from AD's team to Favre's team because once that happens, there's no turning back, really.

Staff online

Latest posts