Thank God for TT

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
We could have someone like Dan Snyder.

The Washington Redskins and quarterback Donovan McNabb have agreed to a five-year, $78 million extension that could be worth up to $88 million with incentives, a source with knowledge of the agreement told ESPN NFL Insider Michael Smith.

The source said $40 million of the deal will be guaranteed.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
What the heck is going on with the Skins? First they bench McNabb in the Lions game, followed by a tirade by their head coach, then they change their story about 3 times.... People were unsure if McNabb was going to play in the Eagles game tonight..... rumors he was going to be traded (Vikings were in the mix), and now this? Well, I'm all happy for McNabb, he's one of my favs but I must say I'm a bit confused by all this. I can't imagine a head coach calling his QB fat and lazy and can't run two minute plays.... trying to get a QB controversy started. This is bizarre, man just freakin bizarre.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems like the GM acts completely independent of the coaching staff. Wonder what Snyder is thinking? I would like to know what's going through Shanny's mind right about now.

OneHotelFoxtrot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im definitely glad we have TT, we could have Ziggy Stardust over there in Minny. Hanging your Super Bowl dreams on an old perve geeezer. GO PACK GO!!

cantstop12to85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im happy with TT McNabb is overrated and inconsistent...what a horrible decision to make for their franchise. I'd be so mad if I were a skins fan and found out that 40 million dollars of the money I had put into the organization was going to a 35 year old qb who has literally no value. But living in DC isnt to bad since I can laugh at their fans when they talk about beating us in OT...btw guess whose losing 35-0

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
If Vick didn't earn himself a new deal tonight, he's never getting one.

One of the best performances I've ever seen. He was simply electrifying.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
i hope we dont catch him in the playoffs. he scares me

Well, if we are going to make the SB, we'll have to face the Eagles eventually and hopefully it would be at Lambeau.

I still remember the Atlanta Falcons with Vick knocking us out of the playoffs at Lambeau (first playoff loss there ever). Man, that hurt.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Well, if we are going to make the SB, we'll have to face the Eagles eventually and hopefully it would be at Lambeau.

I still remember the Atlanta Falcons with Vick knocking us out of the playoffs at Lambeau (first playoff loss there ever). Man, that hurt.

I'm hoping some other team takes the Eagles out in the Playoffs.

Vick scares the **** out of me. If he'd have been the starter in week one they probably would've beaten us, the way he played that day.

A few years ago the book on Vick was to make him beat you with his arm. Well, he can do that now. This is the best he's ever been in his career and he was pretty good before.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score

Vick scares the **** out of me. If he'd have been the starter in week one they probably would've beaten us, the way he played that day.

A few years ago the book on Vick was to make him beat you with his arm. Well, he can do that now. This is the best he's ever been in his career and he was pretty good before.

Yep, he's throwing like a real deal NFL QB, WITH the skills of a top notch running back. Freak of nature. He's gonna rip Defenses apart. The only flaw in the armor is durability I suppose. But hell. He seems to have learned his lesson you can't run ALL the time. He scares me too, more than any other player in the NFL.

Hopefully some creative Defensive Genius will figure the Eagles offense out and Vick and come up with a scheme to contain him. My guess, he needs a spy on him 100% of the time. Still no guarantee.

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Maybe, but then again our whole defense was prepared for Kolb, didn't expect to see much of Vick except for their wildcat on third downs and such. Then in the end we still stopped him on 4th and 1 :)

Reaction score
Kitten,
You have to wonder if McNabb would even have wanted to go to Mn. I am laughing as I read their forums on how the fans think they will be able to pick up any QB that is available. Who would want to go to that train wreck of a team? Talk about rose colored glasses!
Trapped

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kitten,
You have to wonder if McNabb would even have wanted to go to Mn. I am laughing as I read their forums on how the fans think they will be able to pick up any QB that is available. Who would want to go to that train wreck of a team? Talk about rose colored glasses!
Trapped

I would hope for his sake he doesn't land up over there. I like McNabb, I still think he has a lot left in him and I don't think we've seen the best of him and the Skins O Line. The Vikings are buying Favre's retirement again. It would be funny to see that screw them out of picking up a new QB.

Packerfury

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vick scares me too, but hell, I bet Eagles fans would say clay scares them too. The eagles defense is bad. Worse than most think. asante is having a meh year. Put it this way. the eagles allowed the redskins to achieve their highest point total to date this year. And the eagles run game isn't all that good. Lesean mccoy runs pretty well, but he won't win the game for you. Vick's presence creates huge lanes for him. Here's how I'd beat vick. An LB spy would literally just waste a man on the field. He won't do anything against vick. This sounds a little crazy, but I think you need to have a corner spying him all game. Like un dime or nickel all game (like us) and spend a corner on him. Someone fast. We could put shields on him. He would outrun vick. And he doesn't need to lay a licking on vick, just a shoestring or something long enough for someone like aj hawk to catch him and level him. either that or simply sell out on the blitz. It worked before. His career worst game was against the chiefs one game where they sent no less than 5 the entire game. And most the time more than that. We have an awesome secondary. Collins, Tramon, and woodson should hold for just long enough to get to him. Eventually, he'll either totally stop running or he'll get hurt. Either way, it's a win-win.

Members online

Latest posts