Thaddeus Moss cut should he be a target for GB?

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Washington just waived Moss should GB pick him up?
I thought he looked like a solid player entering the draft and was surprised when he went undrafted we already have 4 TE's I think will make the roster which is why I am unsure on wether or not we should pick him up but I have to say the thought of his dad having to root for the Packers against Minnesota on its own rather make me want to sign him.

Mavster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He pretty much did nada in College. I personally don't think he'll make it in the NFL

D

Deleted member 6794

Washington just waived Moss should GB pick him up?
I thought he looked like a solid player entering the draft and was surprised when he went undrafted we already have 4 TE's I think will make the roster which is why I am unsure on wether or not we should pick him up but I have to say the thought of his dad having to root for the Packers against Minnesota on its own rather make me want to sign him.

Thaddeus mostly benefits from being Randy's son. Other than that he doesn't really have a lot to offer to help the Packers. Pass.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, I think we need to show faith in our guys. Tonyan has worked hard, Jace may break out a bit this year. Another project I think isn't going to help and he'll come with the hoopla that he's Moss' son.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Good point, he might moon the place again.

Only if he gets the abuse he got on that day......honestly you people need to get past that someday....sheesh

Last edited by a moderator:

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only if he gets the abuse he got on that day......honestly you people need to get past that someday....sheesh
That act did not bother me at all. Would prefer to just win the game. One thing that is not in doubt is that Randy Moss was a great football player.

I

That act did not bother me at all. Would prefer to just win the game. One thing that is not in doubt is that Randy Moss was a great football player.

It was perfect revenge on the day. I would have laughed and shook his hand and moved past it myself. I could never fully understand the animosity towards him. I`d have loved him as a squad player. Awesome player.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly I was making a joke. It didn't bother me either, my skin's not that thin. I understand why he did it.
Regardless, it remains a memorable moment in Lambeau Field history, that's why I brought it up.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's not a good sign if that's the most positive thing you can come up with for a player like Tonyan.

Fans need to understand that most TEs don't hit their stride until 3-5 years in; it's very rare for a TE to become a good player in their first two years. Tonyan becoming a good TE in his third season would actually be ahead of the normal curve for TEs (especially undrafted guys). I wouldn't be surprised if Tonyan is a better TE this year than Sternberger; that's not to say that I'm expecting Tonyan to be a great TE this year, just that history shows that the TE position is one of the slowest to develop in the NFL.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Bring him in see what he can do, if he's good enough to make the team great, if not what do you lose?
What if there are 23 TE’s that are available as free agents that the scouts think are better than Moss? You gonna bring him in ahead of the 23 just because his old man is Randy Moss?

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly I was making a joke. It didn't bother me either, my skin's not that thin. I understand why he did it.
Regardless, it remains a memorable moment in Lambeau Field history, that's why I brought it up.
thats not thick skin, it is rigor mortis lol...Fake falldown at Old Trafford.:eek:.

Tommy Smith says Tom Cruise puts a bulge in the ol onion bag..lol

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What if there are 23 TE’s that are available as free agents that the scouts think are better than Moss? You gonna bring him in ahead of the 23 just because his old man is Randy Moss?

I really don't think many players get a serious look simply because who their old man is. They may get a camp invite, they may get an UDFA look and they may even make a training camp roster but after that they will need to prove they can get the job done. At this point I think the "bring him in and see what he can do" is over. They are not going to bring him in unless they think he is better than the ones they have.

D

Deleted member 6794

Rather than drive-by criticism, you can offer your take on Tonyan. That leads to productive discussion.

I have provided my thought about the Packers tight end position on numerous occasions. In my opinion the team lacks talent at that position as well and I don't expect Tonyan to have a breakout campaign in 2020.

Bring him in see what he can do, if he's good enough to make the team great, if not what do you lose?

Sure the Packers could bring Moss in but I believe it would be a waste of a training camp roster spot to sign him.

I

Sorry on my part then....misunderstood although I DID get annoyed when the initial incident took place by the reaction of some Packer fans. My bad and again apologies.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If his name was Thaddeus Martin or Graham or Nixon this wouldn't even have been posted.

No.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have provided my thought about the Packers tight end position on numerous occasions. In my opinion the team lacks talent at that position as well and I don't expect Tonyan to have a breakout campaign in 2020.

Sure the Packers could bring Moss in but I believe it would be a waste of a training camp roster spot to sign him.

That's better.

Nobody knows what we have with our TE group until we see the result on the field. Tonyan is an intriguing guy... Played QB, WR and now TE. On the field, he was probably our most athletic TE last year. He wasn't going to get playing time with Graham in the fold. This is his make or break year. The fact we've kept him around from year to year tells us something, probably the team has liked his progress IMO. I don't know that it's a lack of talent at the position, but certainly, a lack of experience would be a more appropriate criticism until we see how these young guys perform.

Members online

Latest posts