1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Terence Murphy?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by steveGB, May 14, 2007.

1. steveGB

steveGB Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Did we release terence murphy or did he choose to retire? he didnt seem tooooo bad the only problem i thought was he got hurt with a neck injury. surely he could have stayed instead of one of these undrafted rookie WR's

2. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    He was forced into retiring because of the neck injury. No one wanted to take a chance on that.
    I think he would have been good, had injury not ended his career.

3. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I think we released T-Murph.

I remember reading that he was brought in for a tryout with the Bucs, but they decided to pass on him because of his injury.

Also, I don't think he could have stayed. If I remember correctly, he had a greater chance of being paralyzed by a big hit when compared to other WRs... it wasn't worth it.

4. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Cheesey you may be right... he may have retired and decided to give it another go the next season, as he wouldn't have to worry about his contract then.

I just seem to recall him trying out for, and then getting passed by, the Bucs.

5. Tiger

Tiger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    hes back in school in Texas A & M, and does some volunteer coaching.

6. RainX

RainX Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +13
    Yeah, it was just one of those freak things no one could've predicted. It was probably better for his long term health finding out about his condition when they did before a serious hit may have injured him and paralyzed him for the rest of his life.

I had really high hopes for Murphy coming in, but it's just to bad his body had to get the better of him.

7. Timmons

Timmons Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Now that's what I call a BS deal. Imagine working that hard and being that good and close to full fledged NFL career and then having it taken away in one play. That gives me the shivers.

I don't know what the lesson is here for Murph, but I hope he learns it well and becomes a success in his own eyes.

8. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    i was at that game, and saw the hit with my own eyes. still hate Thomas Davis for that hit... leading with the helmet to helmet. but such is football i guess.

9. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113
    ye sadly you cant really let him play with a sore neck

10. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He retired, it was ******'s fault because he had to fumble the ball and then T-Murph picked it up and right as he did he got nailed in the neck.

11. Bertram

Bertram Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    crap we should have cut ****** earlier

12. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    I was at that game to.. sitting around the 10 yard line on the other side of the field... almost as scary as the DD game getting hauled off strapped down.

13. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I still feel bad for T-Murph. He looked like he was gonna be a very solid WR(he also coulda been nothing more than an average-at-best WR).

Damn injuries!