Ted's Big Surprise

Status
Not open for further replies.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted has got a big surprise in store for us Packer fans. I don't believe he is just being tight with the money, IMHO he is saving to buy us something really good.
It could be Turner, it could be Moss. But I believe he is positioning the Packers to pull off a deal that will provide us with the offensive punch that he believes will improve the Green Bay Packers.
It might even be someone who is not even on the radar, but I can feel it, he is going to pull off something big.
I know waiting for the big surprise is nerve wracking, just be patient, it will be good.
Ted seems to be talking more and even if it is "Ted speak" that is a good sign. I think even he is excited about what he is trying to give us.

I know that this is out of character for me as I have never been a big fan of Ted, but I have this gut feeling that just won't go away.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope you are right . . . and believe you might be. I wouldn't be surprised if there is some truth to each of the trade rumors out there. But TT is not going to be "held up" by the likes of Al Davis or anyone else. Hopefully, something exceptionally good works out.

Titletown088

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, he's got somthing up with sleeve.

The cake's done when the cake's done. - Ted Thompson.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i know bozz i just saw that and started laughin my *** off.

the cake is done when the cake is done. if he really did say that... tat will be my new sig.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz i just noticed our stats. eerily similar.

joined 4 days apart, close to the same on posts and usually we agree on most things.

are you my doppleganger?

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i just might be! but, which of us is the original, and which is the copy? i'll agree to be the copy if i get to use the quote in my sig!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Why would there be a big surprise?

Soooooooooooo . . . what exactly is going to happen? Fill us in. :twisted:

My thoughts exactly. Moss or Turner. I actually think GB has a legit shot at landing one or the other. I guess my surprise would be both. Unless it's an off the name radar I seriously doubt there would be a surprise.

Though landing either Moss or Turner would probably shock some.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd rather have a cake maker than a naysayer and Pack what the hell is a doppleganger?

You use words like that down here in Alabama and the good ole' boys will be pulling their shotguns out of the back window of their pickups for sure.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
doppelgänger |?däp?l?ga ng ?r| noun an apparition or double of a living person. ORIGIN mid 19th cent.: from German, literally ‘double-goer.’

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted has got a big surprise in store for us Packer fans. I don't believe he is just being tight with the money, IMHO he is saving to buy us something really good.
It could be Turner, it could be Moss. But I believe he is positioning the Packers to pull off a deal that will provide us with the offensive punch that he believes will improve the Green Bay Packers.
It might even be someone who is not even on the radar, but I can feel it, he is going to pull off something big.
I know waiting for the big surprise is nerve wracking, just be patient, it will be good.
Ted seems to be talking more and even if it is "Ted speak" that is a good sign. I think even he is excited about what he is trying to give us.

I know that this is out of character for me as I have never been a big fan of Ted, but I have this gut feeling that just won't go away.

Maybe but I doubt it....I am a big supporter of the moss deal, but even if we landed moss it still wouldnt explain why we are holding on to so much....It would have to be a two player signing like moss and turner to be a surprise.

I say lets go after Priest Holmes!!!!

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have been trying to console myself with the belief that TT is going to pull off an "October surprise" in April. He MUST be planning something with $21mil in his pocket. Of course, it always takes two (or more) to tango in any NFL scenerio. Personally, I'm hoping for adding Turner, the Burner to the team. I'm againest the Moss scenerio. I've never liked high risk deals for my team. I also want a good S added, although I have high hopes(and not much else) for Underwood. Blackmon has been my favorite future hope for no real reason.

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love how in early offseason I was being jumped on for bashing TT and his history with lack of spending......I know there are still many TT supporters, but there is definately is a shift begginning to occur and more and more people are questioning his judgement.

At the end of this offseason when we still havent picked up anyone because the turner and moss deals have fell through I cant wait to see how many more come over to the dark side..

Like it or not a shift is begginning and I am proud to have been one of the first to jump off TT's sinking ship.

scharles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is plenty of time for Ted to do something. Yes, if he hasn't done anything by camp then there can be some questioning, but by the way he's been talking I think he does have something underway. He didn't get where he is for being a moron, he knows what he's doing, he's not Matt Millen.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love how in early offseason I was being jumped on for bashing TT and his history with lack of spending......I know there are still many TT supporters, but there is definately is a shift begginning to occur and more and more people are questioning his judgement.

At the end of this offseason when we still havent picked up anyone because the turner and moss deals have fell through I cant wait to see how many more come over to the dark side..

Like it or not a shift is begginning and I am proud to have been one of the first to jump off TT's sinking ship.

Well, refpack, I hate to say it but rather it be you than Brett who obviously does not share you point of view. I mean jumping off the ship.

Maybe he stayed because he see's......

1) Replacing Carroll with Woodson an improvement.

2) Finding a group of able bodied LB's vs having ONE a good thing.

3) Shoring up a weak "D" line who couldn't stop nothin' rather comforting.

4) Swapping out a tired and old "0" line with some young bucks with a future as being pretty positive.

5) Seeing DD and Jennings as talented as any #1 and #2 he could hope for kind of inviting.

You call it "sinking" and Brett calls it "more talent than I have ever seen".

I think I'll go with Brett.

Yes, by god, there's still a ways to go. Kind of shows how far away from a legitimate NFL team we were by the time he got here don't it?

You might very well be the first one off the ship. And you could very well end up on the island alone before it's over. Oh, I forgot, you always have Pyle. Damn.

I guess I can live with that.

PackFaninBucLand

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All the sweet, green icing flowing down
Someone left the cake out in the rain
I don't think that I can take it
'Cause it took so long to bake it
And I'll never have that recipe again
Oh, no!

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All the sweet, green icing flowing down
Someone left the cake out in the rain
I don't think that I can take it
'Cause it took so long to bake it
And I'll never have that recipe again
Oh, no!
Those are the words from MacArthur Lane, I mean, MacArthur Park, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts