Ted Thompson

cheesyscot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:soapbox: Ok folks I've said it before and I'll say It again I'm mad as hell out our team and the direction it's going. We own this team not Ted Thompson and I want him fired! Can anyone please tell me what this man has done to make the Green Bay Packers a better team? This is what I think and please let me know what you think. Teds guy is Rogers not Brett, Brett is Ron Wolfs guy and Ted thoughts must be I don't want to live in Rons shadow. Now I know that Brett is ALL that's left from Wolf but lets face it if you find that QB that's where it starts. I'm gonna bet my left nut if Rodgers is the QB Moss is a Packer right now. Moss would make Rogers look better than he is and that in turn would make Thompson look smarter than he is. Folks we could BUY any player we and in fact we could have done that the last two or even three years and havn't done much of anything but reach for "talent" in the draft. We ALL can say that Brett should shut up and play or leave but look at the next Packer jersey out in public and you'll see how important he is to the Pack and to us, we have been witness to one of the GREATEST PLAYERS in the history of the Pack and the NFL .

Reaction score
I defended Ted.

Now I realize Brett deserved better than this.

I don't really give a damn about the future at the moment, I'm just stunned that you'd treat your franchise player (even at this age, he is STILL our franchise player) with such disrespect.

What the F Ted, What the F?

D

Dan115

Stockholders meeting is 25 July. This could be a very important day in Packer History. The Stockholders must hold ted's feet to the fire!

uwbadger12000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:soapbox: Ok folks I've said it before and I'll say It again I'm mad as hell out our team and the direction it's going. We own this team not Ted Thompson and I want him fired! Can anyone please tell me what this man has done to make the Green Bay Packers a better team? This is what I think and please let me know what you think. Teds guy is Rogers not Brett, Brett is Ron Wolfs guy and Ted thoughts must be I don't want to live in Rons shadow. Now I know that Brett is ALL that's left from Wolf but lets face it if you find that QB that's where it starts. I'm gonna bet my left nut if Rodgers is the QB Moss is a Packer right now. Moss would make Rogers look better than he is and that in turn would make Thompson look smarter than he is. Folks we could BUY any player we and in fact we could have done that the last two or even three years and havn't done much of anything but reach for "talent" in the draft. We ALL can say that Brett should shut up and play or leave but look at the next Packer jersey out in public and you'll see how important he is to the Pack and to us, we have been witness to one of the GREATEST PLAYERS in the history of the Pack and the NFL .

Well, he did get out of cap hell that Mike Sherman put us in. We also nearly got into the playoffs last season after a 4-12 2005 season.

People need to realize this team is not the Green Bay Favre's. It is the Green Bay Packers. He is doing what he feels is best for the TEAM, not what is best for Brett Favre.

Reaction score
Yeah badger, but you don't tread your star player like Ted has treated Brett.

Brett has given his blood, sweat and tears to the Packers. You want him to move on, just cut him. Don't pull tactics where you tell him how much you want him back, etc. and then try to lowball him after he returns.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett acts like he owns this team, if all these reports are true he's reminding me more and more about Terrell Owens.

Reaction score
Brett acts like he owns this team, if all these reports are true he's reminding me more and more about Terrell Owens.

Brett never went public with this. It was SOURCES.

He STILL hasn't confirmed he wants out.

He has never ONCE said anything negative about Ted before the article today.

He is far from TO.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:

Brett never went public with this. It was SOURCES.

He STILL hasn't confirmed he wants out.

He has never ONCE said anything negative about Ted before the article today.

He is far from TO.

Reaction score
remember, all the TO noise all started with sources.

Yeah like a day after he requested a trade.

We are finding out about this 2 weeks after the draft. Brett went about things the right way. He is sounding off, and he has a right too. But it is still controlled anger venting.

For God's sake, he even offered to pay Moss's signing bonus WITH HIS OWN MONEY. You can't do anything more than that. He was willing to give up money to get a talented player here, something TO would have NEVER done.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What has Ted done TO Brett Favre? Nothing. Ted's Job is simply to put the best team on the field this year, next year, and many years after.

I understand Ted's strategy.

I understand Brett's frustration.

Neither are wrong. Both are entitled to their views.

the problem that I see with Brett's view and where I agree with Ted's is this;

Say we did spend all our money, sign Moss (1 year) get Turner or whomever, sign Tony Gonzalas and put ourselves in Cap hell for the next five years....And then whos to say we will win? All we did is create crap for the next five years because Moss will be gone (we can't resign him cuz of the cap spent on Turner and Gonz..plus Moss only wanted a 1 year deal) and we can't replace our better players such as Driver, Harris, Woodson. Now we are surely going to tank for a lot of years as the Cap works it self out. However, Favre is long gone now. He doesn't have to endure the losing seasons that inevitably follow a "win now at all cost" mentallity. We as fans, do!

I love Favre....but I love the Packers more.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett should vent his frustration in private with Thompson and McCarthy and not go public.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How would paying Randy Moss 3 million for 1 year put us in cap hell?

It is not just that one deal. It is the whole philosophy. Signing Moss this year wouldn't put us is hell. Resigning him (if all things worked out) would. As would signing all the rest. TT is good at building a team. He was part of our building in the 90's and Seattle's in the 00's.

As unpopular is it seems, I like how he is going about it. it will take longer than a "win now at all costs" but will last longer once it happens.

That being said, I think that we are not knowing all the story regarding Moss. Maybe if the Packers had a chance to counter offer the Patriots, they would have paid the 3 mil or even more. But as sources have said, they never even got the chance.

Arles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless 2007 is a very good season (ie, playoffs), I have a feeling neither TT or Favre will be back for 2008. And, looking longterm, that may end up being the best situation for Green Bay,

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What has Ted done TO Brett Favre? Nothing. Ted's Job is simply to put the best team on the field this year, next year, and many years after.

I understand Ted's strategy.

I understand Brett's frustration.

Neither are wrong. Both are entitled to their views.

the problem that I see with Brett's view and where I agree with Ted's is this;

Say we did spend all our money, sign Moss (1 year) get Turner or whomever, sign Tony Gonzalas and put ourselves in Cap hell for the next five years....And then whos to say we will win? All we did is create crap for the next five years because Moss will be gone (we can't resign him cuz of the cap spent on Turner and Gonz..plus Moss only wanted a 1 year deal) and we can't replace our better players such as Driver, Harris, Woodson. Now we are surely going to tank for a lot of years as the Cap works it self out. However, Favre is long gone now. He doesn't have to endure the losing seasons that inevitably follow a "win now at all cost" mentallity. We as fans, do!

I love Favre....but I love the Packers more.

First off IF we signed both of those guys we are not in Cap Hell. Quit throwing that rehashed, overused statement around. Its not that hard to dig yourself out even if you do. TT did it in 2 years.

Secondly, and most importantly, IF YOU LOSE 5 SEASONS because of "CAP HELL" whats the difference considering you ARE LOSING 5 SEASONS rebuilding. Neither guarantee anything and both take time.

Oannes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why? Because he's right. Brett Favre is NOT management. He's supposedly the ULTIMATE TEAM guy. Wrong. He's not. This is just a fan pointing out, in anger, that Brett isn't the guy most think he is.

Brett has NO right to do this especially if he's the guy most seem to think he is.

Brett Favre threw this organization under the bus. I hope that bus turns around picks him up and drives him as far out of town as possible.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why? Because he's right. Brett Favre is NOT management. He's supposedly the ULTIMATE TEAM guy. Wrong. He's not. This is just a fan pointing out, in anger, that Brett isn't the guy most think he is.

Brett has NO right to do this especially if he's the guy most seem to think he is.

Brett Favre threw this organization under the bus. I hope that bus turns around picks him up and drives him as far out of town as possible.

This organization deserves to be thrown under the bus. Brett wants to win and they clearly are fine with doing nothing to improve the team. It's not a Brett thing, its a Packer thing.

You are crimalizing Brett Favre for wanting to win, and thats just absurd

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you're not a packerfan if you want this organization to be thrown under the bus, you're a favrefan

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you're not a packerfan if you want this organization to be thrown under the bus, you're a favrefan

New material please. Come up with something a little better and more creative next time.

You don't get it. The Packers are bigger han Brett Favre AND the Packers are bigger than Ted Thompson. I just happen to believe that Favre is not in the wrong here because this management deserves to be called out.

It has nothing to do with fandom and if I got to see that tired statement one more time on here I will vomit. Next time just say "I've run out of arguments".

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no problem with Brett asking to be traded, and I certainly hope they grant him his wish. Brett has done a lot for the Packers and he's done a lot for the game of football. In return, he's been very well compensated. He realizes he only has a couple of seasons left and he wants to have fun playing. Losing is not any fun and teams in a 5-10 year rebuilding plan don't usually win a lot of games.

For once in your life Ted, grow some balls and do what's right. Yeah you'll take some flack, and yeah it may cost you your job someday, but chances are both those things are going to happen anyway.

I just think that Brett, and the Packers, deserve so much better.

Members online