Ted Thompson

Reaction score
I just think that Brett, and the Packers, deserve so much better.

I'm starting to agree with this... I think it is now time to part.

Brett should be traded, so the Packers can move on, and then Brett can move on.

You can't get too far when your star player and GM aren't on the same page.

Arles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no problem with Brett asking to be traded, and I certainly hope they grant him his wish. Brett has done a lot for the Packers and he's done a lot for the game of football. In return, he's been very well compensated. He realizes he only has a couple of seasons left and he wants to have fun playing. Losing is not any fun and teams in a 5-10 year rebuilding plan don't usually win a lot of games.

For once in your life Ted, grow some balls and do what's right. Yeah you'll take some flack, and yeah it may cost you your job someday, but chances are both those things are going to happen anyway.

That's fair. Of course, I believe the Packers deserved a lot better than an average of 19 TDs, 24 INTs and a 71 rating for the $27 million they have paid Favre in 05 and 06. GB could have used that money to go out and get a top QB like Brees or filled other spots and draft a young star like Leinart if they weren't obligated to Brett for past success. I think GB has done plenty in terms of putting the organization on hold so that he can chase records at a pedestrian performance level.

Maybe that makes me "anti-Favre" but I just don't see Brett's production at the level of a player that should be demanding a trade because of the performance of management. And I think the lack of interest in trading for Brett by other teams would validate that if he did look for a deal.

As I've said before, I doubt Favre or Thompson will be back in 08 and that may be the best for the Packers moving forward.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lare said:
I have no problem with Brett asking to be traded, and I certainly hope they grant him his wish. Brett has done a lot for the Packers and he's done a lot for the game of football. In return, he's been very well compensated. He realizes he only has a couple of seasons left and he wants to have fun playing. Losing is not any fun and teams in a 5-10 year rebuilding plan don't usually win a lot of games.

For once in your life Ted, grow some balls and do what's right. Yeah you'll take some flack, and yeah it may cost you your job someday, but chances are both those things are going to happen anyway.

That's fair. Of course, I believe the Packers deserved a lot better than an average of 19 TDs, 24 INTs and a 71 rating for the $27 million they have paid Favre in 05 and 06. GB could have used that money to go out and get a top QB like Brees or filled other spots and draft a young star like Leinart if they weren't obligated to Brett for past success. I think GB has done plenty in terms of putting the organization on hold so that he can chase records at a pedestrian performance level.

Maybe that makes me "anti-Favre" but I just don't see Brett's production at the level of a player that should be demanding a trade because of the performance of management. And I think the lack of interest in trading for Brett by other teams would validate that if he did look for a deal.

As I've said before, I doubt Favre or Thompson will be back in 08 and that may be the best for the Packers moving forward.

WTF? Is Brett the only person on the team. You clearly need to read football 101. Brett was throwing the ball to guys like Taco Wallace and Jamaal Jones. He had about 1.3 seconds to get rid of it and was playing from behind a good portion of time. Tom Brady would have looked like a bad QB on this team the last 2 years as well.

Take back the other statement that was said to be the most ignorant thing ever posted on his site because this one takes the cake

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
I defended Ted.

Now I realize Brett deserved better than this.

I don't really give a damn about the future at the moment, I'm just stunned that you'd treat your franchise player (even at this age, he is STILL our franchise player) with such disrespect.

What the F Ted, What the F?

i agree with you

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I can't disagree with this reasoning and I can see both sides of the performance argument, but who made all the decisions you mention above?

Exactly.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why? Because he's right. Brett Favre is NOT management. He's supposedly the ULTIMATE TEAM guy. Wrong. He's not. This is just a fan pointing out, in anger, that Brett isn't the guy most think he is.

Brett has NO right to do this especially if he's the guy most seem to think he is.

Brett Favre threw this organization under the bus. I hope that bus turns around picks him up and drives him as far out of town as possible.

Brett did not throw the Green Bay Packer organization under the bus unless you consider Teddy the Packer organization.
He merely pointed out Thompsons refusal to attempt to put the best team possible on the field and Thompsons total ineptness and dishonesty regarding the Moss issue.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:

I'm starting to agree with this... I think it is now time to part.

Brett should be traded, so the Packers can move on, and then Brett can move on.

You can't get too far when your star player and GM aren't on the same page.
I'm frustrated with this whole situation.
If TT wasn't going to help the offense, why didn't he just tell Favre he didn't want him back, and be done with it.
I still don't think the Moss thing was all TT's fault. I think Brady and N.E, wooed him with the better chance at a SB ring. I think that was the topper.
Favre wants to win, and I want them to win too.
Maybe this all will work out right, and maybe i'm upset over nothing. Maybe reading here everyday has screwed my mind up.
I just don't know anymore.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Arles said:

I can't disagree with this reasoning and I can see both sides of the performance argument, but who made all the decisions you mention above?

Exactly.

i agree with both of these.... Brett underperformed and TT allowed him to be here. im glad we got to see him one more year, but these recent comments and event have put a damper on the upcoming season for sure.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Arles said:
Lare said:

WTF? Is Brett the only person on the team. You clearly need to read football 101. Brett was throwing the ball to guys like Taco Wallace and Jamaal Jones. He had about 1.3 seconds to get rid of it and was playing from behind a good portion of time. Tom Brady would have looked like a bad QB on this team the last 2 years as well.

Take back the other statement that was said to be the most ignorant thing ever posted on his site because this one takes the cake

You are blowing this out of proportions, Favre never threw a pass to Taco Wallace.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Arles said:
Lare said:

You are blowing this out of proportions, Favre never threw a pass to Taco Wallace.

Brady didnt have a bunch of star recievers last year, in fact he didnt have half the talent at reciever as brett did. TB threw something like 62 percent last year with 24 TDs and only 12 ints... with his SUPERSTAR reciever Reche Caldwell?!?!?!? oh and dont forget perrenial pro bowler Doug Gabriel?! Tom Brady looked nothing like a bad QB... get your facts straight. the reason Brady wasnt playing from behind, was because he didnt throw intereceptions and that team has a GREAT defense, and most of the staff has been together for over 7 years. you can quit using the patriots as an example pyle because all it does is make the case for TTs methods stronger every time you mention it.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Read the most recent article on profootballtalk.com.

1. It appears that Moss did indeed prefer to chase a SB with the Pats. Duh.

2. It appears Bus Cook used the Packers to leverage the contract.

3. It appears that Bus Cook defied ethics and communicated with Favre that Moss would be a Packer.

4. It appears that Brett is rightfully pissed that he was misled.

5. It appears Bus Cook is covering his *** and leaving the Packers hung out to dry, when he in fact, is the cause of this dust-up due to his use of the Packers and Favre for his other client, Randy Moss.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT will be fired. He will not work in the NFL as a GM ever again. he will go down as one of the worst GM's in history. He will always be known as the man who sold out #4

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lare said:

yawn

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT will be fired. He will not work in the NFL as a GM ever again. he will go down as one of the worst GM's in history. He will always be known as the man who sold out #4

wrong wrong ... so so wrong.

and digs... if thats all true... its just another example of a **** sucking agent doing whatever it takes to make the extra penny.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score

He won't be listed as the worst GM ever. Mike Sherman holds that title.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:

Maybe in your mind, but not in the record books.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Timmons said:
dhpackr said:

Maybe in your mind, but not in the record books.

C'mon, look at the mistakes Sherman made?

Hmm, that brings up a thought. Do you credit Thompson for not making the mistakes OR do you discredit him for not taking the chances to make those mistakes?

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Brady didnt have a bunch of star recievers last year, in fact he didnt have half the talent at reciever as brett did. TB threw something like 62 percent last year with 24 TDs and only 12 ints... with his SUPERSTAR reciever Reche Caldwell?!?!?!? oh and dont forget perrenial pro bowler Doug Gabriel?! Tom Brady looked nothing like a bad QB... get your facts straight. the reason Brady wasnt playing from behind, was because he didnt throw intereceptions and that team has a GREAT defense, and most of the staff has been together for over 7 years. you can quit using the patriots as an example pyle because all it does is make the case for TTs methods stronger every time you mention it.

Your missing a small piece of the puzzle here.. called the running game.. 120 plus yards on the ground average for the Pats with 20 TD's. We had a whopping 103 yards a game and 9TDs. More importantly, they got 121 first downs on the ground to our 93. Simply put, we couldn't or didn't run the ball. Half the talent, but tons of experience makes up for SOME talent and inexperience. A reciever that is suppose to be someplace and IS someplace is just as important as a 40 yard dash and a great set of Hands.

Kinda takes some pressure off the QB when you can tote the rock, instead of trying to pass it consistantly.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i agree that the run game helped a lot... but what we lacked in comparable rushing stats against the patriots we more than made up for in the passing game... so our offenses were pretty close last year, even with the weak wide recievers.

now if they can go to the confrence champ game in a tougher conference, with weaker WRs than we have, but a better run game... whats holding us up from going to the superbowl with better recievers and an improving run game.

the real difference was experience and defense... things new england has been building for 7 years. not going out and buying. (until this year, and we shall see how that plays out for them)

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
i agree that the run game helped a lot... but what we lacked in comparable rushing stats against the patriots we more than made up for in the passing game... so our offenses were pretty close last year, even with the weak wide recievers.

now if they can go to the confrence champ game in a tougher conference, with weaker WRs than we have, but a better run game... whats holding us up from going to the superbowl with better recievers and an improving run game.

the real difference was experience and defense... things new england has been building for 7 years. not going out and buying. (until this year, and we shall see how that plays out for them)

But see that is where I disagree... NE smartly added free agents to make up for youth that they drafted. Rodney Harrison is a prime example or a trade for Corey Dillon. Most are not saying buy everyplayer.. but if you can add pieces that cover for weakness and add experience... you do it. IMO.

I agree that we made up for it in the passing game.. which Favre in critical to it (which is what you were slamming him for). But how have we improved our rushing attack? Maybe the line makes up for the lack of experience and proven talent in the backfield?

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts