1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Ted Thompson refused to give up a 4th for Moss

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by PackOne, May 1, 2007.

1. PackOne

PackOne Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    I was watching PTI this afternoon and they did a huge segment on how Ted Thompson refused to give up a 4th rounder for Moss. They said the deal was done for a 4th. Is this the truth ? Who has a different story ? Enlighten me. No need to bash Ted - I'm just looking for the correct info. PTI seems like a pretty strong source.

2. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Must be true, Michael Wilbon said it.

3. wils0646

wils0646 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    It's been thrown around back and forth lately. First I thought that Moss wouldn't negotiate, now I'm hearing this. I really don't know what is true. This is what I believe:

I think Moss had a choice between the two teams and a Super Bowl team trumped all of his other reasons to play for the Packers. I don't know if TT pulled out of the deal...it's really still hazy.

4. Arles

Arles Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    One thing we do know: Moss refused to renegociate with anyone but NE. So, what could have happened is TT refused to make the deal UNLESS Moss restructured. In that manner, Wilbon would be somewhat right in that the deal was for a "4" but TT wouldn't do it.

Still, I think Moss' unwillingness to cut his $10 mil salary down for GB was the reason the deal wasn't made.

5. mi_keys

mi_keys Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    ...and some Wisconsin papers are saying Moss was about to restructure for us. I don't know who to believe, they all say something different.

6. Yared-Yam

Yared-Yam Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You complete me

7. Arles

Arles Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    John Clayton, Chris Mortenson and Adam Schefter all said (in the past 48 hours) that Moss was only willing to restructure for NE. In fact, Mortenson even said the hold up before the draft was Moss' unwillingness to redo his deal.

So, while we don't know if TT made the offer for the 4th to the Raiders or not, we do know Moss wasn't taking a paycut for anyone but NE.

8. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Moss is a Patriot. Who cares.

9. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Probably Brett Favre and any FA who will ever think about signing here.

and Certainly not Ted Thompson

10. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Certainly not.

:rotflmao:

11. Tiger

Tiger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    TT is selfish and only thinks about himself!

12. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Of COURSE he is! You see.............his goal is to pick lousy players, make Brett Favre retire, leave the team in shambles, keep LOTS of cap money for himself (even though it's not his, and he can't spend it on himself) and get himself fired and be unemployed! I mean......can't you SEE that!?!? :rotflmao:

13. steveGB

steveGB Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    im more inclined to believe that moss wasnt willing to restructure his contract than TT only offering a 5th rounder because we offered them like fergy and a 3rd rounder at one point in time.

thinking about it didnt raiders really screw that trade up. they had so many better offers proir draft that when they decided to actually deal him off they only got a 4th round for him.

if i was a raiders fan and a packers fan i would be more upset at al davis than i would be with tt. dont get me wrong im no TT fan but davis ruined that trades value by waiting so long he shoulda taken the trade in the early days instead of the long wait

14. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Personally, I'm not at all upset. I never wanted Moss here in the first place. Who in the world honestly wants some jackass who wiped his @$$ on our goalposts?!?!

Let the pathetic lazyboy, crybaby walk away from his team in NE during the last play of the game. Let him destroy the Patriots' locker room. Keep that attitude away from our young, developing team! I'll take the character, production and dedication of Donald Driver!
    Moss
    2003 rec/TDs: 111/17
    2004 rec/TDs: 49/13
    2005 rec/TDs: 60/8
    2006 rec/TDs: 42/3
    DD
    2003 rec/TDs: 52/2
    2004 rec/TDs: 84/9
    2005 rec/TDs: 86/5
    2006 rec/TDs: 92/8

Which WR is getting better with age? Which player would you rather have teaching our young talent how to be a professional?

GO PACK GO!!!

15. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6

what a brilliant master plan.

Hes gonna get super rich when he destroys a football team and loses his job huh. brilliant. eww that greedy selfish TT.

16. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Cold Pizza reporting Coach McCarthy had a 40 minute conversation with Moss the night before the draft.

It was reportedly VERY VERY CLOSE to happening.

17. Hammer

Hammer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I heard that Tom Brady also restructured his contract to accomodate Moon-Boy.

18. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    that is true.

there were a lot of other factors involved, more than just "durrrr, TT is cheap!"

19. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I know Pacnic.......but thats what some on here THINK is TT's goal. Just read what they write! It's just plain stupid!
    I believe that TT wants the Packers to win, to KEEP his job. Some people seem to think he's a secret agent for the Vikings, sent here to sabotage the Packer organization!
    Hey....maybe I'm onto something!!!! :rotflmao:

20. Timmons

Timmons Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Bobby Roberts wins the post of the week. Good work and great point.

21. Timmons

Timmons Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    And this is just god damn hilarious. Thanks YY.

22. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Great post, Bobby.

23. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Yeah except all you guys were throwing a party over Randy Moss when you thought h was coming here

24. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Thats what makes you such a....great poster.

25. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    pyle, you have a bad habit of putting words in peoples' mouths that serve your position.

In my few posts regarding Moss, I was pretty ambivalent about the matter. My primary position was acknowledgement of his skills, and the fact that if he was brought in, I was confident that TT, McCarthy and possibly Brett had thoroughly vetted him and in doing so would be a great addition. That said, I generally like the WRs we already have.

I cannot speak for or about others, but you are reaching on my outlook about Moss.

As far as the 4th rounder, I believe all this discussion is based on an article by Vandermuse that has since been proven wrong.