Ted thompson article.........

OP
OP
dogpackerz

dogpackerz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i love in the article:

the other frustration is that Thompson is truly an oddball when it comes to building a roster. I'm all for "best player available" when it comes to the draft, but three running backs, four tight ends and four healthy safeties to start the season? Thompson has consistently left himself thin at key positions so that the losses of Grant and Morgan Burnett will be felt much more keenly than in other franchises. Surely it would be worth seeing what you could get in a trade for somebody like a Donald Lee or Spencer Havner.

OP
OP
dogpackerz

dogpackerz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'm really shocked that Teddy's name isnt making people read this thread....

good articles

Attachments

• cigar-guy-tiger-woods2.jpg
    cigar-guy-tiger-woods2.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 123
  • frfer.jpg
    frfer.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 86

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think most people are just over the Ted bashing.

I know a lot of fans are frustrated, but I honestly think there's a bit of an over-reaction. No, we didn't land Lynch. Yes, he's better than Jackson, but we still have no idea what we have in Nance or Starks. Honestly, I think once Nance learns the playbook, he'll provide us the boost everyone is looking for. He ran a couple of times against Buffalo and did OK from what I can recall.

I'd also love to feed the ball to Kuhn 20 times a game and see what he does. I mean, he's steam rolled over defensive lines in every friggin game he's gotten the ball in. I distinctly remember him carrying Philly's defensive line for like 5 yards! And last week the Lions sold out to stop the run because they knew we were looking to chew up clock time, but guess what? We still ran the ball anyway!

I mean, look at this run against Cleveland:

Video Gallery

Here's another one vs. the Colts from the preseason: Video Gallery

I really think we need to start feeding him the ball a little more. I think he can consistently pick up 3 and 4 yards at a time, which will open up some holes for our passing game. And really, that's all we need...

Anyway, give me Ted's way of building a team any day. Yes, we're going through some adversity at the moment, especially in the injury department, but I think we'll come out better and stronger for it. I also believe Ted knows more about what he's doing than we do, and while some of his moves might make us nervous, I believe he has a plan. He's not in the business of losing football games, so I have to believe he knows what he's doing in terms of addressing our run game.

I expect to see a fair dose of Nance this weekend and next as the trade deadline approaches. I believe he's talking to other teams about our needs and I believe he might just pull the trigger too, if we don't see any kind of improvement.

Big Dan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SpartaChris,
I agree with everything you just said. Larry Csonka wasn't glamorous, but was one of the most valuable running backs in history. John Riggins wasn't glamorous, but was also one of the most valuable running backs in history. Christian Okoye wasn't glamorous, but was pretty far up the "value" ladder as well. I was able to think of those three right off the top of my head. I'm sure there have been plenty more.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AL that needs to be said, is the article is from bleacher report, where any hack/fan can write what they feel like regardless of credibility, and then laugh and say who cares.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SpartaChris,
I agree with everything you just said. Larry Csonka wasn't glamorous, but was one of the most valuable running backs in history. John Riggins wasn't glamorous, but was also one of the most valuable running backs in history. Christian Okoye wasn't glamorous, but was pretty far up the "value" ladder as well. I was able to think of those three right off the top of my head. I'm sure there have been plenty more.
I completely agree that Kuhn should be the workhorse, but a bit of a stretch comparing him to Csonka and Riggins.

I get what you're saying, but let's not go there.

(BTW, good you didn't compare him to Jim Taylor. LOL)

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
i'm really shocked that Teddy's name isnt making people read this thread....

good articles

Honestly, I think people are tired of the TT bashing. Not like it changes anything. Just people venting. It's old news and not interesting to me at least.