Tebow

mikeymidnight

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NY Giants this past year had the worst offensive line in years. Not saying Green Bay Packers had a great one but it was clearly better than ours.

Whatever anyone's opinion as to which QB is better, you can't go wrong with either one. They are both great.

I bELIeve.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Somewhere out there Tebow is very dismayed to know that his thread has been hijacked by Eli Manning and the Giants.

May I suggest we resume our regularly scheduled program and get this thread back on track. If you want to include Eli in the discussion, a relevant way to do it would be to build up a rivalry between the two NY teams (Jets and NYG) and their QBs, Eli and Tebow.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
We Pennsylvanians consider NJ the armpit of the universe. So nothing that comes out of there is going to impress me except my soon to be grandchild and it will probably be really warped because it's Mom and Dad are Cowboys fans living in Jersey. I thought I taught her better.

mikeymidnight

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We Pennsylvanians consider NJ the armpit of the universe. So nothing that comes out of there is going to impress me except my soon to be grandchild and it will probably be really warped because it's Mom and Dad are Cowboys fans living in Jersey. I thought I taught her better.

Wait a second, you are from.Pennsyltucky and you claim to be a Green Bay Packers fan? That makes no sense. You should be a Pittsburgh Steelers or Philadelphia Eagles fan.

I am from NYC not NJ btw.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
PA consists of Pittsburgh and Philadelphia with redneck in between. We're the perfect Packer types in between the two evil empires.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

mikeymidnight

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is there a history of transplants from Wisconsin to Pennsyltucky?
What I asking is how does someone from NJ/PA become a Green Bay Packers fan? Was it parents team? Favorite player as a kid? I am just curious.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I asking is how does someone from NJ/PA become a Green Bay Packers fan? Was it parents team? Favorite player as a kid? I am just curious.

Packers fans are everywhere, all over the world, not just in Wisconsin. This forum itself is proof of that. For me personally, I started out liking the Eagles because I was a huge fan of Reggie White. When Reggie went to the Packers, he took me with him and I became a fan of the Packers and never looked back.

Once you go Pack, you never go back! :)

mikeymidnight

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So in your case it was a player and not Eagles hatred.

Reggie White was a great man. May he rest in peace.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
PA consists of Pittsburgh and Philadelphia with redneck in between. We're the perfect Packer types in between the two evil empires.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk[/quote

You'll find a lot of Packer fans from PA on this list. For me, when I was a kid I had my Mom help me send out letters to NFL teams asking for a picture of their team so I could put it on my wall. I only got responses from 2. The Giants sent me a team pic and the Packers sent me 8X5 prints of each of the men on the starting lineup. Guess which team won this kid's heart.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Speaking of transplants I think a lot of Broncos fans became Jets fans. Along with Colts fans becoming Broncos fans, same animal. Funny thing is Reebok swan song was the Tebow jersey before April and decided to not do Manning. :coffee:

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
If it looks like a troll, walks like a troll and quacks like a troll, it's a troll despite its protestations to the contrary. To continue this mixed metaphor, where do you suppose this "duck" would be if the Giants hadn't just won a championship? His kind of posting is much more impressive before the fact than after.

Rocky11

Superbowl bound Pack
Reaction score
I am from Toledo, Ohio. Bengals, Browns, Lions, you pick em. I have been a Packer fan since I was 9 years old.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a Packers fan and I'm from Philly/ NJ. I'll tell you what you can do with those Eagles.
None of us on here may like the Eagles football team but a lot of us on here may like the eagle as a bird.
Did you know that a bald eagles nest can weigh anywhere from 1000 to 2,000 lbs!?

mikeymidnight

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had no idea an eagles nest would weigh so much.
Do you think Timmy Tebow is strong enough to lift an eagles nest over his head?

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
And bald eagles are not bald. "Bald" is a German word for "white". So, it essentially means White Eagle.

Do you think Tebow will go bald some day?

mikeymidnight

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Timmy Tebow look like he has good hair and will not go bald as he gets older. Aaron looks like he has good hair too and I don't foresee him going bald either.

I think Drew Brees may already be staring to thin and although it seems like Tom Brady should be okay I would think that if he were to start losing hair that Gisselle may want him to get some treatments.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
And bald eagles are not bald. "Bald" is a German word for "white". So, it essentially means White Eagle.

Do you think Tebow will go bald some day?

Bald means "soon " or "shortly" in German as in "bis bald" a common phrase that equated to "see you soon"

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Bald means "soon " or "shortly" in German as in "bis bald" a common phrase that equated to "see you soon"

Ah, yes, white in German is weiss. I looked up the root of "bald" on the web (see below). This has nothing to do with Tebow, of course.

Q. What does the bald eagle's name mean?
A. Its scientific name is Haliaeetus leucocephalus (Latin: Haliaeetus or "sea eagle"; leucocephalus or "white head").
Its common name, bald eagle, may be from the old English word balde (white), or may be a derivation of piebald, which describes the eagle's white head and tail feathers and dark body feathers.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Ah, yes, white in German is weiss. I looked up the root of "bald" on the web (see below). This has nothing to do with Tebow, of course.

Q. What does the bald eagle's name mean?
A. Its scientific name is Haliaeetus leucocephalus (Latin: Haliaeetus or "sea eagle"; leucocephalus or "white head").
Its common name, bald eagle, may be from the old English word balde (white), or may be a derivation of piebald, which describes the eagle's white head and tail feathers and dark body feathers.

Not nit picking. I spent some time in Germany. Just thought you'd be interested.

Members online

Latest posts