Tebow

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers will never beat Eli Manning in playoffs.
And Eli will never beat Aaron.
He will just beat himself.
Aaron Rodgers will never win as SuperBowls as Eli Manning.
Too soon to tell.
At least A-Rod has one and getting to the SB is not an easy task.

Aaron Rodgers will never win as many SuperBowl MVPs as Eli Manning.
One SB MVP and one NFL MVP is really, really awesome.
To downplay that by saying "My QB has more SB MVPs" is really, really reaching.
Does Eli have an NFL MVP?
Didn't think so.
Your argument is null and void and over and out.

Aaron Rodgers will always make excuses and whine like he did as a guest announcer on SuperBowl Sunday about.losing to NY Giants in pkayoffs.
Oh. Just like how cry-baby Eli threw a temper tantrum when he got drafted by the Chargers to get his way to go to the Giants.
We all know that as a 49er fan, A-Rod would have preferred to go to the 9ers. But he took it like a man. A real man and stayed with the team that first drafted him. Unlike cry baby little ***** Eli.
So don't be bringing up how Aaron whines. Because that is a losing argument right there.

Aaron Rodgers will never be as good as Eli Manning.
Nope. Better

Eli Manning is a two time SuperBowl MVP and he is just getting started.
Yeah. Started at losing.

Don't get too cocky. It's way too soon to tell what will happen.
Maybe just 2 SBs is all Eli will ever win.
You just never know.

mikeymidnight

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Aaron Rodgers and the Packers had the type of defense that the Giants have had during their last two super bowl playoff runs, I think the Packers would be close to unstoppable. Eli is close enough to be considered elite, for sure. I read someone say that the Giants don't have as much talent as the Packers. I can buy this argument offensively, but I think the Giants are much more talented defensively, especially when it comes to pass rush, which makes the line-backers and the entire secondary play much better. Regardless of how well Eli played against the Patriots in 2007, without that AMAZING defensive pressure, the Giants would not have won. He was integral, sure, but to me, the defense was even more impressive especially considered they did things to Brady that hadn't been done all season. As a QB, it's easier to stay cool and calm when you actually have some faith in your defense. Rodgers didn't have that luxury at all last season. Rodgers is more talented than Eli, but Eli is still very good. I would take Rodgers in a heartbeat over Eli, but I would gladly take Eli if I couldn't get Rodgers. Give him a relentless defense and you'd be competing every season, just like they have been.

It is nice post and I do agree with some points I disagree with others. In SuperBowl XLII Eli Manning and the offense set thr tone for the game by taking 9:59 seconds on that opening drive and keeping Tom Brady on the sidelines longer than he was accostomed to. These defense played a great game and got pressure on Tom Brady but when Eli Manning put NY Giants ahead in 4th quarter, the defense couldn't hold the lead and Eli Manning had to take the offense down the field again.

Obviously the strength of our defense is the defensive line. We are not very strong at linebacker and our secondary is suspect at best. They did play inspired throughout playoffs but there is a lot of room for improvement.

Instead of just giving you our defense just have a scenario where Eli Manning and Aaron Rodgers just switched teams. Aaron Rodgers would not enjoy the awful offensive line on the NY Giants and in my opinion his stats would not be nearly what they are.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is nice post and I do agree with some points I disagree with others. In SuperBowl XLII Eli Manning and the offense set thr tone for the game by taking 9:59 seconds on that opening drive and keeping Tom Brady on the sidelines longer than he was accostomed to. These defense played a great game and got pressure on Tom Brady but when Eli Manning put NY Giants ahead in 4th quarter, the defense couldn't hold the lead and Eli Manning had to take the offense down the field again.

Obviously the strength of our defense is the defensive line. We are not very strong at linebacker and our secondary is suspect at best. They did play inspired throughout playoffs but there is a lot of room for improvement.

Instead of just giving you our defense just have a scenario where Eli Manning and Aaron Rodgers just switched teams. Aaron Rodgers would not enjoy the awful offensive line on the NY Giants and in my opinion his stats would not be nearly what they are.

You are obviously not very intelligent and I should let you go on your way without even responding to you (like I have done until this point).

But just to prove your last point wrong, Aaron Rodgers had the worst offensive line in the league in 2009 and was sacked more than any other quarterback (50 times). Eli was only sacked 28 times this past year and had 48 MORE attempts than AROD. The NY Giants offensive line is slightly better than average.

That year AROD had the worst offensive line in the league he threw for 4,434 30 TD's and 7 INT's with a 64.7 completion percentage. That was only in his 2nd year starting, Eli is going into his 9th.

Rodgers is a better QB and its not even close. If you can't see that then its like an atheist arguing religion with a devout Christian. No point.

weebles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure Rodgers would have enjoyed switching offensive lines that game. Hard to give up 4 sacks and be happy with the O-line play. They gave up more sacks than the Giants did through the year.

mikeymidnight

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would you please stop all these temptations for my signature picture?
(Kidding. Keep bringing them on. Please.)

Eli Manning was up front and told San Diego Chargers he wasn't going to play for them. There was nothing crybabyish about it. He was straight and to the point and didn't waver in his decision.

I wouldn't have brought it up but I will respond to ot since you did. It is tragic that Aaron Rodgers had to go to his first funeral. However, part of the how he deals with that goes toward his ability and leadership as a QB. Myra Kraft passed away and Tom Brady played inspired. Being focused and not letting the off the field stuff distract you and being able to lead the team is part of being an ELIte QB.

Eli Manning may never win another SuperBowl Championship. Aaron Rodgers may never win another SuperBowl Championship. We will have to wait and see.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
take the MOST times Eli Manning has been sacked in a season (30 in 2009) - AROD has been sacked more times than that in every single season he has started. AROD would kill for NY GIANTS offensive line.

mikeymidnight

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There you go further proving my point.
Eli Manning throws the ball away more and let's it effect his stats while Aaron Rodgers would rather take the sack then throw an incomplete ball. Very telling. Thank you for proving my point.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eli Manning throws the ball away more and let's it effect his stats while Aaron Rodgers would rather take the sack then throw an incomplete ball. Very telling. Thank you for proving my point.

Please show how those numbers prove that? Seriously...please explain that

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
And Eli will never beat Aaron.
He will just beat himself.
Don't get too cocky. It's way too soon to tell what will happen.

FF- read the post from Ivo just before Mikey posted his predictions. I don't believe Mikey was serious. He was just flipping the words right back at Ivo.

I think that is why he marked your post as "old".

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score

Who gives a ****. Take your Eli Manning and Giants homerism to the Giants forum. God I am sick of reading your dribble.

You act like he is Joe Montana or something for Gods sake.

Every other season the Giants fanbase wants to throw him off a bridge anyway. This offseason he is the hero. If you don't make the playoffs or lose early next year it will be "Ohhh boooo hooooo Eli again" in typical NY whiner fashion.

Bunch of Eli bandwagoners out there.

mikeymidnight

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly what it was with my post PFan.

Eli Manning was sacked 11 times during this past postseason. NY Giants offensive line is pretty bad.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly what it was with my post PFan.

Eli Manning was sacked 11 times during this past postseason. NY Giants offensive line is pretty bad.

No, that just proves Eli Manning holds on to the ball to long and never throws it away.

(see above)

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FF- read the post from Ivo just before Mikey posted his predictions. I don't believe Mikey was serious. He was just flipping the words right back at Ivo.

I think that is why he marked your post as "old".
Thanx.
Yet another Giants troll/homer to add to my growing list of other Giants trolls/homers I already have on "ignore."
It's guys and posts like this that make me hate the Giants even more.
Flys to vinegar instead of honey.

I'm going to let this go and go back to discussing Packers football and other off season topics.

For us the 2011 season is over.
Time to start looking ahead.

PFanCan

Reaction score

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hilarious.

This website has the Packers O-line ranked significantly higher than the Giants (#11 versus #31):
http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/02/22/ranking-the-2011-offensive-lines-part-1/
http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/02/23/ranking-the-2011-offensive-lines-part-2/

I don't believe Rodgers would kill for the Giants O-line.

I was more so saying that in 2009 Rodgers would have killed for the Giants O-Line. Who had the better o-line this past year? I watched a decent amount of Giants games and all Packers games and I think they are really close. Just because a website tells me something doesn't make me believe it but maybe we think differently. I just go by what I saw with my eyes.

PFanCan

Reaction score
I was more so saying that in 2009 Rodgers would have killed for the Giants O-Line. Who had the better o-line this past year? I watched a decent amount of Giants games and all Packers games and I think they are really close. Just because a website tells me something doesn't make me believe it but maybe we think differently. I just go by what I saw with my eyes.

I didn't realize you were talking about 2009. I don't remember a thing from 2009, so no argument from me on this.

I only saw the two Giants games that they played the Pack and the two last games. And, I have to agree that I did not notice a vast difference between the protection that Rodgers gets and that of Eli's. The website seems to indicate that the Giants O-line performed worse, but it's just one blogger's opinion. Maybe he watched all the games and knows more, I don't know.

In summary, I think the O-lines are close enough to call it a wash. If anyone was to believe that, in 2011-12 season, one team would die to have the other's O-line, I would disagree.

Members online

Latest posts