Tebow drafted by the Pack???

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ESPN NFL has an article about where they think Tebow will be drafted... as you guessed it, one the teams that apparently showed interest was the Packers. McCarthy was quoted in saying:

"Head coach Mike McCarthy and quarterbacks coach Tom Clements did excellent work with Aaron Rodgers, and McCarthy said at the combine he would "love" to coach Tebow."

Heres the entire article:
Where Tebow Lands NFC - NFL Nation Blog - ESPN

What do you guys think? Tebow as a Packer???

lancer84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope we don't... unless hes still there in the 3rd to early 4rd round.. we have so many other areas to address.

OP
OP
A12ROD903

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope we don't... unless hes still there in the 3rd to early 4rd round.. we have so many other areas to address.

I agree. He would have to be a late round pick. But the way people are talking, he might be there in the later rounds.

OP
OP
A12ROD903

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you just nominate your own thread?????

About Vick, I mean, Tebow... It's not going to happen...

Yes I did. I wasnt sure what that was. I havent been on these boards since the Cards game so I wanted to see what happened when I clicked it lol. :happy0005:

I was just thinking about this as well though. The blog mentioned how McCarthy was able to coach ARod into what he is now (a top 5 qb). What if they did pick Tebow to everyones dismay, turned him into a starting QB and used him for future possibilities with other teams? Maybe they look at it that way.. I dont know.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is exactly the same speculation with Michael Vick last year.

Okay, it might be a little more plausible.

But still it's not going to happen.

Ghost of Billy Mays

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tebow

While I'm not sold on Tebow making the transition to the NFL, i.e. Eric Crouch, Tommie Frazier, etc., I would not be disappointed if he slipped to the 4th and we drafted him there. I'm sure Ted will be drafting a QB this year, and if he works with Mike for the next 2-3 years, who knows. Doesn't sound like there is a whole lot of QB talent this year in the draft anyways.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is a good project for a team, just not our team. He might be a good TE some day, but like others said, we need to address other areas. I think at this point a late round Kicker might make more sense for the packers than Tim. Even though he is a great kid and is the type you want in the locker room.

Just wait for ESPN to go into overdrive with Tebow after the first day of the draft.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he falls to us in the 5th, I'd be fine with us drafting him. Any rounds before that would be a mistake.

A1MEANGREEN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no dont want tebow but me being from tennessee i bet you can guess why lol. but maybe in the late rounds it could be a good thing with some sound coaching it could work out he does have some good football sense. but my guess is he dont leave the state of florida hes in jacksonvilles sights

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe if he falls very late, otherwise Im not sold on him being an NFL caliber QB. He is a GREAT team guy and possibly already better than anything we have for a backup QB, I just don't know, I would rather see a veteran guy behind Rodgers than a rookie/Flynn.

SCpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this point in the game I would take Flynn over Tebow any day of the week. Flynn has already proven that he can play well in the league, Tebow not so much. If we draft him it would be yet ANOTHER mistake made by TT.

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not that I don't want Flynn to keep developing, because he has shown slight glimpses that he can possibly be an alright backup, but when has he ever proven that he can play well in the league??? just curious what you have to back up that statement, because in my eyes he hasnt shown much at all..

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not that I don't want Flynn to keep developing, because he has shown slight glimpses that he can possibly be an alright backup, but when has he ever proven that he can play well in the league??? just curious what you have to back up that statement, because in my eyes he hasnt shown much at all..
I believe you're dismissing Flynn because you haven't seen too much. But you don't attend trainings and such to define him with so little playing time.

Rodgers wasn't regarded as a NFL QB by noone other than TT, MM and Clemens.

When he played against Dallas, some people liked him, but still, noone considered him as a future top 10 Qb. I inlcude myself in that category, BTW.

I'm just saying right now, noone can either dismiss or affirm Flynn can QB in the league, other than the guys that watch him everyday, and know about Qbing...

cecil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's turn him into a special-teamer. Maybe he can be the wedge-buster, just as long as he doesn't lead with his head and get more concussions.

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jacksonville?
you mean LA!?!
haha Tebows a DIVA he'd fit in great in LA.....
that is if the VIKES dont move there first!

:viksux:

DoubleC4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I'm not sold on Tebow making the transition to the NFL, i.e. Eric Crouch, Tommie Frazier, etc., I would not be disappointed if he slipped to the 4th and we drafted him there. I'm sure Ted will be drafting a QB this year, and if he works with Mike for the next 2-3 years, who knows. Doesn't sound like there is a whole lot of QB talent this year in the draft anyways.

tommie frazier didnt even make it to the nfl because of his health problem. he would have been better than eric crouch easily.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bring someone else in and let McCarthy turn him into a QB.

Not Tebow. The Pack has other priorities to take care of.
And don't have Tebow until he can leave his religious dogma at home.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. He would have to be a late round pick. But the way people are talking, he might be there in the later rounds.

Alot of coaches are taking interest in his positive attitude and work ethic. He will have to be torn down and rebuilt if he wants to play QB in the NFL. Someone will bite with a second rounder. Washington and Jacksonville oddly seem like a fit only because they could use it for fan base IMHO since both teams have not had memorable players outside of a handful in the last few years.

morningwood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know why GB would even consider a project QB. Rodgers is way to young for that, IMO.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know why GB would even consider a project QB. Rodgers is way to young for that, IMO.
But Rodgers can get injuried. Though he hasn't missed any games, even with a dislocated shoulder, what's the chance he really pulls a Favre and NEVER misses a game?

We need backup.

We did it with during the 90's, with Hasselback...

Members online

Latest posts