1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Teams not doing well after bye weeks so far this season

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Jules, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    Let's hope the Packers do not fall victim to these recent trends.

Week 5 bye week:
    Baltimore, Cleveland, Dallas, Miami, St.Louis, Washington - 1-5 after bye week, only Baltimore won

Week 6 bye week:
    Arizona, Denver, Kansas City, San Diego, Seattle, Tennessee - 2-4 after bye week, Denver and KC won though the Broncos were rusty for 55 min. and KC banked on a team trying out a new QB

Week 7 bye week:
    Buffalo, Cincinnati, New England, New York Giants, Philadelphia, San Francisco

Will be interesting to see if we have another non-winning record after the bye this weekend. It does help the Bengals play the Seahawks, Giants play the Dolphins, 49ers play the Browns. If there are upsets though then this is a trend I may keep an eye on. :)

2. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,802
    I won't be worried or panic until the third quarter if the Bolts have a big lead and there isn't enough time left.

Gonna be a long two weeks.

3. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    Agree.

I don't trust SD though. I pick the Pack right now. I don't think there are enough weeks to prove that the bye week is not helping either.

4. PackersFanfromCali80

PackersFanfromCali80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    I think for us, resting these injuries is a good thing. The Chargers' D isn't going to stop our offense so the key is can our D stop (or at least contain) Rivers?

5. Southpaw

Southpaw Endorphin Junkie

Ratings:
    +422
    Considering that coming off this bye week we'll be getting a lot of players back and our beat up guys are healed, I'd say we'll probably be even stronger

6. thepackers1fan4

thepackers1fan4 Pack attack 4 ever!

Ratings:
    +50
    \

Do you know what the Packers statistics are off of bye week?

7. PWT

PWT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +64
    the packers1fan4 posted:"
    Do you know what the Packers statistics are off of bye week?

Packer under Mc Carthy were 4-1 playing games after bye weeks from 2006 to 2010. The loss came in 2008, when the Packers were season record was 6-10

Packers under Sherman were 4-2 playing games after Bye weeks from 2000 to 2005. Packer s losses were in 2000, when the Packers were finished the season at 9-7, and in 2005, when the Packers finshed the season at 4-12

So Packer's record was 8-3 coming off of bye weeks from 2000 to 2010.

8. greenandgold

greenandgold I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan

Ratings:
    +473
    One season does not a trend make. How did teams do after byes all the prior years?

9. Croak

Croak Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,983
    And none of those teams are the Green Bay Packers. Look for the Packers to give Rivers headaches with a reinvigorated secondary.

10. packerfan4ever

packerfan4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +53
    Not saying this game is a cakewalk but I believe they will play strong,they know who they are up against,Rivers is not the same player though he doesn't run like he used too,and if he gets rattled is when Woodson will have a hay day I feel a win coming for the pack after the bye.

11. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +1,005
    One of the things about those first two weeks, if you notice only 3 of those teams have a winning record.

12. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    We got the bye week at the best possible time since we're dealing with injuries.

13. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +966
    You are absolutely right, a long two weeks to enjoy being the undefeated Champs before our next challenge.

14. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +966
    Here's a trend for you
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  15. thepackers1fan4

Ratings:
    +50
    Thank you so much!

16. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    It depends on the team and how they deal with the bye week. Sure if the team lets the players go off into space and goof off for two weeks, they are going to come back rusty. If they give them a few days off to go do whatever, and then resume normal training and workouts, the team might be less likely to encounter a problem. It also depends on if the team is having problems. Take the Eagles for instance as I live in the Philly area and they just came off a bye week. The coach gave them a few days off and then it was back to the grid iron. They have too much work to do to be able to take any extended period of time off. I have a feeling, with the way the Packers run the organization, the Packers will have the same deal with their bye week even though the teams are in two different worlds record wise. It's about disciple and what you do with the bye week that makes all the difference for what your team does when they come off it. I expect the Packers to come back from their bye week healed up and playing at the same or better than before. I'm looking for Dom Capers to work the D and prepare them for the second half of the season and beyond.

17. PackMan13x

PackMan13x Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +132
    I think the new rule requires the players get 5 days off on their bye week?

18. Jules

Jules The Colts Fan

Ratings:
    +754
    lol wow.

I think you guys officially cancel this thing out then with that. haha I did not realize the Packers historically have owned San Diego.

And like someone said, a lot of these bye week stats are not with very good teams. Just something I found interesting is all.

• Like Like x 1
  19. bozo

bozo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +14
    Also, a bye week must include at least four consecutive days off, including Saturday.
    Source: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...-of-new-regulations-tied-to-ownerapproved-cba

This subject came up in a bar room discussion a couple of days ago, so I looked it up. It does not say when the days off can be taken, only that they be "consecutive". I would presume that most, if not all, coaches would take the days off in the first week.

20. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    Of the teams not doing well after byes this season, None are the Green Bay Packers.

21. thepackers1fan4

Ratings:
    +50
    Wow those are some good numbers! I'm a lot more confident that the Packers will win now