1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Teams "Coming from behind" to win has become the norm

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Vrill, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Vrill

Vrill Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +828
    Honestly, this has been happening all season long in both the NFL and College level both. We live in an era where teams don't know how to close out games anymore. We saw a lot of come backs this season. We saw a lot of teams jump out to 21-0 or 17-0 or more scores on someone only to lose the game. Look back at the season and the scores by quarter, you'll see exactly what I am talking about. Killer instinct has become very inconsistent these days. This isn't some isolated incident here that happened to us, its a trend league wide. Hell, its happening at the College level too.

Players relax once they get big leads in today's game. There is no longer a "hatred" for the opponent to put the foot on their throat and embarrass them by continuing to put it on them. Its the era of "playing nice" and not running the score up on someone. We see far too much fraternizing amongst opponents these days. Players helping up the opposing players from the ground and so on. Yeah, good sportsmanship is one thing, but its another thing entirely to take it to the extreme.

I think the modern day player loses their edge once they get up by 3-4 scores on their opponent and they don't have it in them anymore to lay the hammer down and go in for the kill shot. The team with the lead is becoming hardwired to relax and it causes them to lose their overall edge and once they try to regain it once momentum is lost, its probably too late.

Think I am just making this up to justify the loss? Seriously. Go back and look at various scores over the course of this past season. Its all there. You'll see dozens of examples. Its a trend.

2. SnakePlissken

SnakePlissken Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    I agree there have been some great come from behind victories lately in the NFL and college (the Cotton Bowl comes to mind), but I don't think it's some larger issue plaguing the sport. This year some teams just got caught not getting it done, perhaps more than usual. Or not, I don't know, maybe just more memorable ones. The Patriots didn't seem to have any issues with their killer instinct tonight.

3. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Coaching staff coached as if the game was already over, players followed suit - cheeseheadtv gut reaction

completely true. they gave away the game

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Vrill

Vrill Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +828
    TCU/Baylor earlier in the year too.

Ohio State and Alabama as well.

Then a host of examples in the NFL.

5. Zartan

Zartan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +293
    Well if we wanna put the tinfoil hats on boys n girls. Fixed games....

[​IMG]

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. melvin dangerr

melvin dangerr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +135
    I got a new idea for a shoulder patch the Packers can wear next season it should be (60), for 60minutes of football, I was really nervous the 2nd 1/2 when the team put cruise control on and not the accelerator.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,293
    My Buckeyes have a killer instinct and a HC who under stands the importance of keeping your foot on the gas..the Packers don't.

8. Zartan

Zartan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +293
    I hate the buckeyes. But they played for solid 60 mins...

9. Vrill

Vrill Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +828
    uhhh, where in my post is anything remotely "Conspiracy" related?

10. Vrill

Vrill Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +828
    So do a lot of other teams it seems. Its not just isolated to the Pack.

11. sean corey

sean corey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +12
    My Hawks played for a "solid" 2 1/2 minutes! :laugh:

I really didn't expect the onside kick to bounce off of your players helmet straight into a Seahawk players hands.

That was pretty lucky.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Zartan

Zartan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +293
    It was Joke. But some people might think that way.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. mongoosev

mongoosev Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +102
    if you want to see teams losing from behind then go watch the saints. they will never fail you.

14. Vrill

Vrill Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +828
    TCU would have smoked Ohio State if they had played. TCU was the best team in the country and they'll run the table and win it all next season. Believe that.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  15. Zartan

Zartan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +293
    Nah It will be the Return of the Tide... Alabama will bounce back from this and win it all next season.

16. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,293
    Smoked ?? Lol yea ok, speaking of smoked..was it crack or the magic grass you hit before posting this foolishness haha.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,293
    Oh Zartan smh... Ohio State has 90% of it's starters on defense and offense coming back. That's all I'll say to that buddy.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Vrill

Vrill Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +828
    Yep, TCU was the best team in the country this past season. They would have won it all if they had gotten into the Final four and wasn't screwed.

They'll be great again next season. The entire starting offense will all be Seniors (everyone is back)

They would have scored 50+ points on Ohio State. If Alabama can score 35 on your defense, TCU can almost double that.

Boykin will also win the Heisman. Hes the best player in the country.

19. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +1,005
    Something like this. Play 60, not 55!

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1