Teammates Conviced Favre will RETIRE

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
EDIT: RETIRE... my bad... was typing faster than thinking... can't change title though.. sorry

Is it too early??? :tongue:

Report: Teammates convinced Favre will retire - NFL- nbcsports.msnbc.com

Maybe not!

Wow this guy is the ultimate self serving pile of ****!

So glad the Vikings have him now!

Favre: Not ready to decide yet
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 24, 2010 11:10 PM ET
Sunday's NFC Championship was so special, we didn't want to sully our game recap with any Brett Favre retirement talk yet.
So we will now.
Favre wearily stepped his postgame podium Sunday night, bruises and cuts above his head, facing reporters after another season-ending interception.
He was asked if he was going to take a few months to decide his future.
"I wouldn't say months, I know people will roll their eyes," Favre said. "In a situation like this, I really don't want to make a decision right now based solely on what's happened. Because I do know the year could have not gone any better aside from us not going to Miami.
"I really enjoyed the guys. I just wonder if I can hold up, especially after a day like today, physically and mentally. That was pretty draining," Favre said.
FOX's Jay Glazer said Sunday that Favre's teammates are convinced he'll retire. But they don't really know, just like we don't know.
"I am going to go home a couple days, and talk it over with the family," Favre said.
He was asked if he feels like he needs to go out on top before leaving the game.
"I'd love to win the Super Bowl, who wouldn't . . . but I know I'm going out on top, one way or the other. I didn't feel like I had anything to prove coming in. If there were doubters out there, maybe I served notice to them.
"But my goal is to get to Miami," Favre said, the finality of the loss perhaps just setting in. "And obviously that's not going to happen."

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not convinced.
And I won't be until he's 6 ft under.
****** Favre likes to play too much.
I think:
A) He might have at least one-two years in him.
B) He is soooo frustrated at being a loser that he will try to win one more SB.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
All he wants is to go to Miami. Good thing Childress pays good, you'll need to buy that plane ticket!

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I won't believe he's gone until Tarvaris Jackson or Sage Rosenfels is under center for the first game of the Vikings regular season next year.

He got the hell beaten out of him today. If ever there was a game where afterwords he should really think about whether his body could take another season, it would be this one.

Tim S.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not convinced.
And I won't be until he's 6 ft under.
****** Favre likes to play too much.
I think:
A) He might have at least one-two years in him.
B) He is soooo frustrated at being a loser that he will try to win one more SB.

Like Favre or not, your choice to use the foul language doesn't make your point any clearer it actually hurts it.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
EDIT: RETIRE... my bad... was typing faster than thinking... can't change title though.. sorry

Is it too early??? :tongue:

Report: Teammates convinced Favre will retire - NFL- nbcsports.msnbc.com

I think you are simply channeling your inner favre for this topic... Play, uh, I mean retire, uh, I meant play... no, I meant retire... Oh ****, maybe I'll ask my daughter what I should do while she is eating her cocoa puffs at the breakfast table - she'll know the right answer.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you are simply channeling your inner favre for this topic... Play, uh, I mean retire, uh, I meant play... no, I meant retire... Oh ****, maybe I'll ask my daughter what I should do while she is eating her cocoa puffs at the breakfast table - she'll know the right answer.

Lmao

Ted's Zombie Army

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That presser was a joke. SOS- the old bullshitter will string the Vikings out till about mid-September, and then show up to jerk the job away from Sage or Tavaris. Damn, I'm so glad to watch this from a distance.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
The only thing more funny than watching queen fans curse him all off season will be watching them promptly take out their shine rags and start spit shining his knob again once he comes back. Right then and there the season ending interception will have ceased being on #4 and will have become the fault of a 3rd string DT who distracted Chilly as he was sending in the play and the old gun slinger's pass being sent on a faulty trajectory by a fan altering the atmospheric pressure in the Super Dome by opening their soda bottle just as the pass left his majesty's magic arm.

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He really got smacked pretty bad in this game, I expect him to take some time to decide, but I think he'' retire.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yea his face looked pretty beat up lol.. not to mention his ankle. I think his family will take one look at him, and won't want him to play anymore. That's just a guess.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah - but how about the legions of other parasites that live off of him? I am guessing they NEVER want their meal ticket to retire.

He doesnt have any LOL

and if he did, I am pretty sure he makes more retired...His merch sales go through the roof ( as they did in March of 08)

and other deals from being retired

Staff online

Latest posts