Team MVP & Team Bust

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They did this on the radio so I figured why not do it here.

MVP

Offense - Donald Driver Driver in my opinion is the best player on the team now and a solid #1.

Defense - Al Harris Harris deserves a raise

Bust

Offense - Bubba Franks Ferguson is to easy to put down and I just don't see Franks behind as much as a factor in this offense as most think

Defense - KGB I think he's losing some of this talent and won't see double digit sacks this year. Part of his problems are he's not an every down DE. He's a pass rusher. Hopefully Michael Montgomery can emerge and excel at what Kenny Peterson failed at.

Player to watch

Brady Poppinga He's starting against the Bears. He beat out Ben Taylor in 2 weeks. The team is said to be pleased with Taylor though. I really like this guy and I think he's going to be a solid LB for us in the future.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MVP

Offense: Ahman Green - he stays healthy, doesnt fumble as much, and has a great season in the "run first" offense.

Defense: Nick Collins - Interceptions, key stops, leadership. He da man!

BUST

Offense: Samkon Gado - I love Gado, and what he did last year, but all signs are he isn't getting it. He could be a bustaroo.

Defense: Ahmad Carroll - He's Ahmad Carroll

PLAYER TO WATCH

Will Blackmon - He is coming back in a couple weeks. Can he be a stud PR\KR? can he be a solid DB? Can he stay healthy? Or will he be a bustaroo?

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't disagree with Driver and Harris as the offensive and defensive MVP's. Driver was the team MVP last season.

I hate to predict busts, because it's so negative, but I would have to reluctantly go with Ahman Green, because I just don't think he'll be the same after that leg injury, and on defense, how about Charles Woodson?

Player to watch: This is an obvious choice, but I'll say Greg Jennings.

Trom: Who the heck is Samkon Herron? Any relation to Noah Gado?

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MVP OFFENSE - Koren Robinson - gets signed friday, 4 cathes 80 yards 1 TD on sunday

DEFENSE - Nick Barnett - Leads team in tackles yet again

BUST OFFENSE - Samkon Gado - I gotta go gado here. not necesarilly a flash in the pan, but probally not a starter, especially in the zone scheme.

DEFENSE - AJ Hawk - Love the pick, Love the kid... HUGE expectations, i think he will start all year, but wont live up to these gigantic expectations. (god i hope im wrong)

PLAYER TO WATCH - Charles Woodson - Obviously had a bad game in Cincy... we desperatley need him to be the shut down corner we picked him up to be. Heres hoping hes a stud and was just not tryin hard due to preseason.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MVP
Offense - Donald Driver - If the back get injured again the pack will be passing a lot.... they be passing a lot anyway) and Driver is just the man to catch those passes

Defense - Nick Barnett - He's fast, strong, and explosive thats all I need to say.

Bust
Offense - Ruvell Martin - I dont know if he'll be the #4 or not but if he is then on a lot of shotgun plays he might just get the ball because the weakest link may be the weakest defender on him.

Defense - Ahmad Carroll - I'm not like Trom and hate Carroll but I think if he is going to grow to be good it will be in the next year or two (if he sticks around)

PLAYER TO WATCH - Woodson/Jennings - Jennings is a rookie who is really stepping up and took the #2 wide receiver spot and is make some great plays. Woodson is another player I would watch we should all see if he is the player he used to be or are the haters right "he's washed up"

Favreforever721

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MVP Offense---> Donald Driver

MVP Defense----> Nick Collins(breakout season)

Bust Offense---> Samkon Gado(if he gets touches, he's the bust)

Bust Defense---> Aaron Kampman

PLAYER TO WATCH----> Greg Jennings- this is his year. he will not be covered by the best CB's in the secondary, and he will make them pay for it.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MVP

Offense-Brett Favre. I think he makes far less mistakes this year and plays very well.

Defense-Al Harris. I think he will be higher on int's as people attempt to "pick on" him this season. He will make the most of it and make big plays.

Busts

Offense-Chad Clifton. For some reason I'm worried he is going to have a very bad year. I have no real justification for it other than his knees are getting bad.

Defense-KGB. I think this guy gets too wore down as the season goes on and get's his sacks in spurts. He isn't anything more than a situational pass rusher.

Player to watch

AJ Hawk-I can't wait to see this kid by midseason.

Reaction score
MVP O: Donald Driver - He will be our top WR, and draw coverage away from Jennings and Franks allowing them to at least have a chance at making catches.

MVP D: Al Harris - "Chad Johnson", enough said.

Busts O: Ferggy - Seeing as this was his shot, without Walker and having a chance to step up, he hasn't done a lot. He STILL shys from contact, can't use his 4.3 speed to do anything, and in an offense where it is expected he will go up the middle to make catches in contact is asking a lot given his recent showings.

Busts D: Manuel - He was signed as an upgrade over Roman. He was signed to be a sure tackler, and beef up our run D. If he can't tackle, it won't matter how good of a leader he is because he will have cost us 5 years of a contract that was supposed to sure up our D. Given his lack of coverage skills coming in, if he can't at least live up to reputation, Roman might look like a pro-bowler.

Surprise player of the year: Poppinga - Given his experience at DE, he has what it takes to shed blockers and make tackles. Solid speed, and like porky said having the ability to win the starting job in only 2 weeks says something.

Player to watch out for: Jason Hunter - He could go either which way. His raw talent is good enough to get him a few sacks despite his poor technique, but if he comes along and even learns a move or two, his speed will make him a Freeney type player desperately needed for our pass rush.