Team Speed

D

Deleted member 6794

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's really quite interesting to me and kind of confirms something I've been pondering about myself - that we don't have a ton of "explosion" available on offense.

Probably beyond my pay grade (and I don't know how granular the data is) but it would also be interesting to look at the teams and/or position groups with the fastest player removed, too. I think it's reasonable as they noted to take out each player's #1 fastest speed, but in the same way I think there is some value at also looking beyond the fastest guy on a team/position group.

Like with us for example: We have Watson who is crazy fast, but beyond that...? Not so much going on. When he's out injured we have virtually no "explosive" threat at all.

Of course there's more to it than just having fast guys (naturally you have to utilize them properly) but all other things being equal I think having faster and more explosive skill players is pretty much never going to be a bad thing.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watching teams in the playoffs it wasn't that odd to see WR's wide open and not blanketed in coverage. That's rare in GB. Often there's a guy right on them, or they're in double coverage (Triple when we had Davante, man that guy was good). Now sometimes people are just great at finding openings in zone (Kelce) but other times it's their speed or routes. Maybe our guys get better, but we definitely need an infusion of burst, IMO, especially if we're transitioning to Jordan Love to help the kid out.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am shocked. I thought they were all about drafting those high RAS scores?

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am shocked. I thought they were all about drafting those high RAS scores?

RAS is something of a sliding scale based that includes size in the calculation. Hypothetically, a 6'7", 300 pound tight end that ran a 4.7 40yd dash would likely have a very high RAS, while a 5'8" 170 pound WR that ran a 4.5 40 would have a poor one.

As is often the case with me, made up numbers for the purpose of illustration.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts