1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Tailgaters Fantasy Football

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by I_am_smoked_cheddar, Aug 15, 2013.

1. mhnessie

mhnessie Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +734
    Well as you know we are seven (Lambeau Field time) to nine (CA) hours ahead of your time so it will be difficult to find the perfect time for all of us. ;)
    I will try to join the draft whenever it will be and in case I cant make the draft I could use the Autopick option.
    Never heard of the "24 hours to pick" draft before but that sounds like a good idea too.

2. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,023
    I've seen it referred to as a slow draft. Takes less than a month for 20 rounds I'd gather but easier to set up as you pick when it is your turn. You need to check daily when it gets to you as each picker has 24 hours before forfeiting their pick. Many times I've seen the manager make the pick before the forfeit if he has a list of options from the owner. Usually 5-8 picks a day depending how the time zones work out.

3. mhnessie

mhnessie Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +734
    Ah, thanks for explaining Poppa San ! Sounds really like a good alternative though nothing is more exciting than a live draft ;)

4. Poppa San

Ratings:
    +1,023
    I prefer it as you can research your options and I don't feel as pressed. Also easier to analyze the team so you don't get 15 WR's. Really helpful if trades are an option (which they aren't ;))

5. I_am_smoked_cheddar

I_am_smoked_cheddar Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    A live Draft is fairly quick. The Saturday or Sunday following the last pre-season game. I'm willing to be available for the short tine (2hrs. or less) it will take. If it's 8am in California , what is the time in Germany/Austria ?
    I will look into it . All suggestions are most welcome, thanks guys .

6. AllouezPackerFan

AllouezPackerFan Section 121 Row 47

Ratings:
    +339
    I actually really like Poppa San's idea. I think that could work great.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I_am_smoked_cheddar

Ratings:
    +0

8. mhnessie

mhnessie Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +734
    You've got a point there. I start liking the idea of this "slow draft" :)

9. mhnessie

mhnessie Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +734
    8 am California means 5 pm in Germany or Austria, Smokey. (+9 hours)

10. Poppa San

Ratings:
    +1,023
    Didn't know until last post but I do know it is church time in Green Bay on Sundays.

11. I_am_smoked_cheddar

Ratings:
    +0
    Do you attend Church on Saturday ? Your slow Draft idea is fine, but is a pile of work for the league manager . Saturday , August 30, at 10am CST could work for everyone if only some were willing to find the time. I still want to hear from the rest of the league. If we did the "slow draft" it would need to take place in the Tailgaters Fantasy Football League thread in the Packer Forum. It would be the only way to attempt to keep it all straight and fair. It still has a large chance of getting really messed up and I'm not in favor of it , however I will try it if it is what the majority of the league wants.

I recomend Saturday, August 30 , at 10 am CST . The random draft order would be set at 9 am by ESPN.

12. Poppa San

Ratings:
    +1,023
    Actually I've been working a lot of Saturdays the past few months. They are "optional" but that option is frowned upon. I'll try to schedule it in though I do prefer the slow draft.

13. I_am_smoked_cheddar

Ratings:
    +0
    The league will try to make a decision as soon as possible so that all may plan accordingly. The opinions of all members are most important , I urge all members to post their thoughts about when/how to hold our draft. Please post your suggestions/recommendations as soon as you can. Thank You .

14. mhnessie

mhnessie Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +734
    Still prefer the slow draft too but as I wrote before, I'm fine whenever the draft will be. As most of you guys are from the US you should find a time that is suitable for most of you over there, Friday or Sunday 8.00 am wouldnt be my preferred time either :D Maybe Sunday, early afternoon, might be an alternative?
    And in case I cant make the draft I'll use the Autopick option, I'm sure I'll get a decent and competetive team anyway ;)

15. Zartan

Zartan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +219
    I really dont care what speed the draft is. Its up to the other people to decide.

16. I_am_smoked_cheddar

Ratings:
    +0
    I regret to inform you that you were not invited back for the 2014 season. Good Luck.

17. Sunshinepacker

Sunshinepacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +402
    I'm pretty flexible. Slow drafts tend to be easier for many people with different schedules to participate in but so long as the draft is sometime after five pm eastern,I should be good.

18. Poppa San

Ratings:
    +1,023
    Who all is playing this season anyhow?

19. I_am_smoked_cheddar

Ratings:
    +0
    I sent e-mail to the entire league. Please let me know if I need to send invitations.

20. I_am_smoked_cheddar

Ratings:
    +0
    The Tailgaters Fantasy Football League draft will be held on Saturday , August 30 , 2014 at 10am CST (8am PST , 11am EST and 5pm in Germany/Austria) . The ESPN site will randomize the order 1 hour prior to the draft. Trades may be made following the completion of the draft. Auto-draft will pick players for those members who can't attend live.

All members are invited to visit the ESPN site and attend their teams. Some may want to experience how the snake draft works , and are recommended to try a mock draft. I hope that most of our members will attend the live draft , as I have done my best to be fair and transparent.

Smokeychedder
    League Manager
    ..................................... albt376.jpg .................................................

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2014
  21. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +966
    I'm baaaack. Retired one month ago so I don't have to be anywhere until thanksgiving. 8am is good.

Now I will read the threads and see who's complaining about what ;>)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  22. mhnessie

mhnessie Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +734
    Not that Im complaining but I cant make the draft on time. :mad::D
    I will hopefully join the draft live around 6.30 pm or a little earlier. Just read that I can draft live on my mobile phone too and already downloaded the app, looking forward to an exciting Fantasy Football season. :tup:

23. I_am_smoked_cheddar

Ratings:
    +0
    Having been corrected , The draft will begin at 5pm on Saturday , August 30 , 2014 in Germany/Austria. Random draft order will be one hour prior to the live draft. Thank You for the correction Captain Wimm, I appreciate help at all times .

I hope mhnessie , that you will be able to join us from your mobile phone or by other means .

24. mhnessie

mhnessie Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +734
    Thats my intention Smokey, tried a couple mock drafts with the iphone App yesterday and it worked perfectly. Only thing that is questionable is the connection as Im sitting in a stadium with roundabout 60.000 people. As my backup option I will be prepared for a autopick draft as well in case the connection doesnt work properly ! ;)

25. I_am_smoked_cheddar

Ratings:
    +0
    The 2014 Tailgaters Fantasy Football League consist of the following :

.................. The Green Conference ....................
    T-Rich or Die Tryin' - Cheesehead625
    Qens Qillers - Poppa San
    Green 18 - realcaliforniacheese
    Rice Like a Phoenix - Captain WIMM
    4th and 26 ! - PKrjones

................. The Gold Conference .......................
    The Ring Unbroken - Smokeychedder
    Just Win Baby - Brandon2348
    Natural Born Spillers - Sunshinepacker
    Hamburg Sea Devils - mhnessie
    Tony Mandrich Vitamin Store - AllouezPackerFan

....... albt376.jpg .......

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2014