Super Bowl XXXI

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I just got done watching that game again. It was like watching it for the first time. Seeing Reggie, Wayne and Fritz made me miss them. There was also a commercial with Derrick Thomas for 1-800-COLLECT that reminded me of how special of a player he was.

If you can, get this video and watch it. I got chills even though I knew the outcome. The post game interviews and the 'Return to Titletown' where the Packers came back to Lambeau to nearly 60k fans in the freezing cold. Remarkable.

Just amazing. I don't know how else to put it.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Right on man. For Christmas I got a DVD with the three Super Bowl victories on it. Is sweet as hell.

That is awesome. I was only 16 during SB XXXI, but I was smart enough to capture nearly 6hrs of pre/post game as well as the game. I'm glad I did!

ChrisC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh yes! Wonderful indeed!

Schmitty - could you please post details of the DVD? Sounds like I might be ordering me a little post-Christmas present!

Chris

Drich318

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was a great team. We had the best QB in Favre, the best defensive player in Reggie, and the special team phenom in Desmond.
What a nice team. We had some great veterans, and solid young players, and great coaches. Did you see the coaching staff. WOW.

flep

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I shall have to get my copy out as well. I got lucky in the UK, they didn't show the home coming on national TV and then I caught it on CNN and have it on the end after the presentation and the interviews.

I love it when Desmond says BS in his interview and Don Beebes statement to the crowd at Lambeau "I have waited a long time for this!!!!"

I've only ever seen short highlights of I and II but I have an almost full length DVD of "The Ice Bowl" which I love

ChrisC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi there, flep!

I'm guessing you're a Sky subscriber? Money well spent, given the amount of sport they have bought up! I'm limited to Channel 5, which means of course that I've become very familiar with Wayne and Larry over the past few years ;)

I'm hoping that the Pack will be at Wembley - that is, if Wembley is ever built! :) I imagine we'd both settle for Old Trafford ... or Goodison?!

Chris

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just got done watching that game again. It was like watching it for the first time. Seeing Reggie, Wayne and Fritz made me miss them. There was also a commercial with Derrick Thomas for 1-800-COLLECT that reminded me of how special of a player he was.

If you can, get this video and watch it. I got chills even though I knew the outcome. The post game interviews and the 'Return to Titletown' where the Packers came back to Lambeau to nearly 60k fans in the freezing cold. Remarkable.

Just amazing. I don't know how else to put it.

I still have my video. Ill have to watch it again

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was at Lambeau Field waiting for them after SB 31. They were REALLY late because the busses carrying them couldn't get through the crowds lining the streets. I just about froze to death waiting! And i was dressed in my full orange hunting gear! Some people around me were NOT dressed for the long wait, as they expected the team to be on time, and the presentation to not be too long. I felt sorry for them!
It was quite a special moment to be there, to be a Packer fan!

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I was at Lambeau Field waiting for them after SB 31. They were REALLY late because the busses carrying them couldn't get through the crowds lining the streets. I just about froze to death waiting! And i was dressed in my full orange hunting gear! Some people around me were NOT dressed for the long wait, as they expected the team to be on time, and the presentation to not be too long. I felt sorry for them!
It was quite a special moment to be there, to be a Packer fan!

That was awesome. I have that on tape as well.

flep

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi there, flep!

I'm guessing you're a Sky subscriber? Money well spent, given the amount of sport they have bought up! I'm limited to Channel 5, which means of course that I've become very familiar with Wayne and Larry over the past few years ;)

I'm hoping that the Pack will be at Wembley - that is, if Wembley is ever built! :) I imagine we'd both settle for Old Trafford ... or Goodison?!

Chris

Have had Sky since the supebowl 30 season. My worst memory as a packer fan was getting beat in the NFC Championship game by the Cowboys. That hurt for at least 3 months, I was really down after that.

If the NFL has a game in the UK next season the only one based on the home teams muted to be involved would be the Chiefs game. With the number of Packer fans in the UK it would be turned into a packer home game and not a chiefs.

Packers playing at the home of football (Goodison) would be the greatest moment of my life. I probaby wouldn't be able to see any of the game through all the tears I would be crying.

When I finally get to see a Packers game in the flesh I truly believe I will be an emotional wreck. That is how much my Packers mean to me.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ChrisC said:
Hi there, flep!

Chris

Have had Sky since the supebowl 30 season. My worst memory as a packer fan was getting beat in the NFC Championship game by the Cowboys. That hurt for at least 3 months, I was really down after that.

If the NFL has a game in the UK next season the only one based on the home teams muted to be involved would be the Chiefs game. With the number of Packer fans in the UK it would be turned into a packer home game and not a chiefs.

Packers playing at the home of football (Goodison) would be the greatest moment of my life. I probaby wouldn't be able to see any of the game through all the tears I would be crying.

When I finally get to see a Packers game in the flesh I truly believe I will be an emotional wreck. That is how much my Packers mean to me.
Flep.......I only live 90 minutes from Lambeau, and 3 years ago i got to go to my first regular season game there. 2 seasons ago i got to go to 2 preseason, and 3 regular season games. I never thought i would get to see that many games! If you ever DO get to see them, i wouldn't blame you for crying!
I still remember the first time i saw Lambeau Field.......i was driving, and darn near hit another car! It was like seeing a national monument!

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
i was driving, and darn near hit another car! It was like seeing a national monument!

I've lived here for more than two decades, going on three and I still stare at it and almost hit others. That's why I drive a truck! :)

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
i was driving, and darn near hit another car! It was like seeing a national monument!

I've lived here for more than two decades, going on three and I still stare at it and almost hit others. That's why I drive a truck! :)
LOL! I know what you mean!!! :thumbsup:

steveGB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if anyones got superbowl 31 on dvd or their computer can they put it on a torrent site so i can download it

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I just watched that America's game video of the Packers SB season. That was freaking awesome!

Man, that team was special.

I remember Desmond missing the opening half kickoff due to his wardrobe change, but for some reason I didn't know we only had ten guys out there. I figured since the broadcasters knew, the Packers knew and put someone else back there lol... uess not

Brett saying "God farts to you know" was funny **** ... thats not word for word but basically its the same thing

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A couple of days ago I transferred my tape of the '96 NFC Championship game against the panthers to DVD. I rewatched the whole thing in the process, of course...

I'll be doing the same thing with the Superbowl tape tonight.

Latest posts