Super Bowl Question:

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess I am a little slow on the uptake, but I just noticed something about the jersey's worn in Super Bowls: The home team colors go to the team that is playing in their conference's stadium. That sentence may contain horrible grammar, but let me put it this way: Super Bowl XXXI was in Louisiana, the Saint's stadium. Saints are NFC as are the Packers, and the Packers wore the home green jerseys. Super Bowl XXXII was in San Diego, the Chargers stadium. The Packers wore away white since the Chargers are AFC. Flash forward to Super Bowl XLV. Dallas is in the NFC and we played in their house. We wore home green.

Is this just coincidence, or is that how it works? I know, I know, this MAY be a dumb thread but I was just curious. If that is the case, I want/need to get an away-colored jersey for Super Bowl XLVI! I am thinking Woodson, Nelson, or Matthews.

GO PACK GO! Beat those Bucs!

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I guess I am a little slow on the uptake, but I just noticed something about the jersey's worn in Super Bowls: The home team colors go to the team that is playing in their conference's stadium. That sentence may contain horrible grammar, but let me put it this way: Super Bowl XXXI was in Louisiana, the Saint's stadium. Saints are NFC as are the Packers, and the Packers wore the home green jerseys. Super Bowl XXXII was in San Diego, the Chargers stadium. The Packers wore away white since the Chargers are AFC. Flash forward to Super Bowl XLV. Dallas is in the NFC and we played in their house. We wore home green.

Is this just coincidence, or is that how it works? I know, I know, this MAY be a dumb thread but I was just curious. If that is the case, I want/need to get an away-colored jersey for Super Bowl XLVI! I am thinking Woodson, Nelson, or Matthews.

GO PACK GO! Beat those Bucs!
This year is AFC Choice, they can choose to go with home or away. (No throwbacks :() So we could have the green jerseys, its just unlikely

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
We'll be wearing white if we make it, we wore Green last year. Only team to wear their home jerseys in back to back Super Bowls is the Cowboys, and that is because their road jerseys are considered home jerseys.

OP
OP
Chicocheese

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ah! Thanks for the clarification! I thought for sure it was determined by the stadium that the super bowl was played in! *Crosses fingers for green jerseys.*

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ya, Packers chose Green last year even though white was considered because they wore white throughout the playoff run. The Steelers chose white (away) in '05 because of their road playoff run.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It doesn't bother me what they are wearing. As long as they are in the SB, I'll be too dang happy to pay attention.
Me either. Just as long as they are wearing something.
This isn't ancient Greece otherwise we'd be getting quite an eyeful.
Ancient Greece Packers ladies fans: :geek:
Ancient Greece Packers dudes fans: :eek:

OP
OP
Chicocheese

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, another observation I have made: Aaron Rodgers and others this season seem to not be wearing their captain's patches. Last season, Super Bowl included the captain's patches were worn. I wonder why the change? Any one know why? Was there a story I missed? I notice other teams are wearing them, like the Giants and what not.

Reaction score
Oh, another observation I have made: Aaron Rodgers and others this season seem to not be wearing their captain's patches. Last season, Super Bowl included the captain's patches were worn. I wonder why the change? Any one know why? Was there a story I missed? I notice other teams are wearing them, like the Giants and what not.
They don't put patches on until the playoffs because they don't change the captains throughout the playoffs I believe.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I am almost positive that thier helmets and pants will be green and gold. Mind you this is only a guess. I thought I was wrong once, but, I was mistaken.