Summer Jobs at Lambeau

irishpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dublin, Ireland, E.U., Earth, Milky Way, Universe,
Its that time of the year when a student must plan his summer! One of my many mad ideas is that I could get a job in Green Bay working with the Packers... doing anything really, working in the gift shop, tour guide, in a Bar... Anything!

Do any of you know if there are any part time summer jobs like this???

More importantly, would Green Bay be a good place to spend my summer?!? I mean i know its a small town essentially!

Cheers lads!
CP

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My wifes nephew worked there about 5 summers ago on the grounds crew.
I don't know how he got the job nor do I know how to get in contact with him to find out.
He is now a Harley Davidson mechanic and is always moving around.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Regardless of whether there are any summer jobs, I'd imagine your biggest hurdle would be getting the appropriate work visa in the event you were lucky enough to land a job with the Packers over the summer.

Good luck though!

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like a job working there, even if I had to pick up trash..lol..

What trash? I thought Ahmad Carroll was gone?

OK, that was low. As Larry the Cable Guy would say, "Lord, I apologize. Be with the starvin' pygmies down there in New Guinea. Amen."

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That would be fun to get a job down there and just be in that atmosphere.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Regardless of whether there are any summer jobs, I'd imagine your biggest hurdle would be getting the appropriate work visa in the event you were lucky enough to land a job with the Packers over the summer.

Good luck though!

Us Irishy folks get a student work/travel visa called a J1 that lets us work (we get PPS numbers) and travel freely for 4 months, usually june-september). I spent mine in summer 2005 in Santa Barbara, CA..a far cry from GB..twas good craic all the same..pity there wasnt much football going on bar cowboys training down in oxnard.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would say to contact the Packers and tell them what you are trying to do. You have nothing to lose!
Yes, Green Bay is small compared to the "big cities", but it's not as small as some think.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
Heatherthepackgirl said:
I would like a job working there, even if I had to pick up trash..lol..

What trash? I thought Ahmad Carroll was gone?

OK, that was low. As Larry the Cable Guy would say, "Lord, I apologize. Be with the starvin' pygmies down there in New Guinea. Amen."

LOL...good one.

did AC ever get convicted for pulling a gun out on some kids in a McDonalds parking lot that time?

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
did AC ever get convicted for pulling a gun out on some kids in a McDonalds parking lot that time?

Ahmad Carroll was arrested once for gun and drug charges.
On May 5, 2007, Carroll was arrested around 3 a.m. on drug and gun charges. Carroll, 23, was released on bond after attending court at 9 a.m. He is charged with carrying a concealed weapon, carrying a pistol without a license, possession of MDMA (ecstasy), and possession of a firearm during the commitment of a felony. As a result of this incident, on May 7, 2007 the Jacksonville Jaguars waived Carroll. [2] Carroll could potentially file a grievance against the team, as NFL teams are not allowed to part ways with a player for legal troubles.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmad_Carroll

You may be think ing of Marcus Vick. He's the one who allegedly waved a gun at some kids:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2285819

Latest posts