1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Suggestion for new Forum Section

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback & Suggestions' started by Bensalama21, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +606
    I was recently going through old posts from anywhere between 2004 and 2010, and it's fun getting goosebumps while reading certain things members said that turned out to be true.

Instead of bumping threads from almost a decade ago, we should have sort of thread/section on those sort of posts.

Ex:

April 25th, 2009 Draft Day - On Clay Matthews Pick
    Your words were marked, @robdog , your words were marked!

There are a lot of hidden gem posts inside this forum... We should dig them up! (Without bumping the thread of course!)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  2. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,005
    Good idea. What you did works well. Maybe post a link to the actual thread.
    Personally I think all threads with about 3 years inactivity should automatically lock. They can be resurrected in the manner you just did with a link to the originals.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +606
    I agree... Bumping a old thread puts it back up to the top of the whole thread count, which then takes it away from the general timeline when searching for something (shows up as 2013 instead of whatever the last post was, etc)

4. robdog

robdog Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +304
    Just to be clear, a new forum to post/quote old threads and continue the discussion?

5. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    That's a good idea! Archives of sorts of old threads or posts revisited! I like that!

6. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,005
    I would think someplace to discuss old threads {3 years dead or more?} to not confuse people when someone digs up "We need a running game" or "Our defense sucks" only to post I don't think so. Can the threads move to the zombie forum by themselves once they are responded too? Or the mods could just move them there after the resurrection. I think if they just automatically lock after a respectable time and just get quoted in a new thread should suffice. Maybe a special forum to find and discuss gems as those previously dug up here.
    Name the forum contest: Zombie Gems