Studs and Duds: Packers vs. Patriots

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:

1st half Matt Flynn - wow nice performance in the first half. Very nice composure.

BJ Raji - 2 sacks and he's looking like a 1st rounder. Starting to blow up plays and moves good for a big man.

Desmond Bishop - Two awesome sticks. Who is Nick Barnett again?

John Kuhn - what a hearty gutty performance and did everything you would need to win.

Clay Matthews - kind of a mini stud, but saw him break up a few passes hawking the fifteen TE's NE has.

Duds:

Mike McCarthy - time management at the end of the game cost the packers the game. Not sure this is the guy that can lead the team anywhere anymore. His decisions to call time outs when he did was atrocious. I again put THIS loss on him.

Quinn Johnson - this guys special teams is horrible. He looks like he just wants to block the pile. doesnt help that the ST coach still has a job as the kick coverage is a laughingstock.

Sam Shields - when a TE runs a square out in goaline step in front of him and go 99 the other way instead of getting turned around. Had coverage problems plenty of times. He's young and has talent I'll give him time.

Josh Sitton - is getting pushed backwards on short yardage situations. don't get it why a guard can't bulldoze.

2nd Half Matt Flynn - holding on to the ball too much, throwing into coverage instead of checking down. The pick 6 was a bad throw, although Jones was picked on the play which should have resulted in a flag.

Charles Woodson - starting to get burned on a regular basis yet I'm surprised he's not moved to safety. Couldn't cover TE's tonight. CB has to be a draft concern.

Overall this is the dagger in the Packers season. MM cost them again. The ST unit needs to be blown up and only keep 2 FBs next year. As I watched this game it seemed like the Pats were less than inspired at times, which tells me this game was ripe for the taking. And once again when the situation arose the packers deficits showed up - ST, bad clock management and play calling in crucial situations, and no goalline running scheme. Now the pack has to rely on voodoo mind tricks and statistical anomalies in order to make the playoffs. To me, changes need to be made regarding Offensive Coordinator, OL Coach, ST Coach and quite possibly head coach. Capers stays as he has proven a D can be developed in 2 years. Sad day to be a packer fan.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Josh Sitton was 1 on 1 against Wilfork. Name me a guard who is going to handle Wilfork one on one all game? The dagger isn't in yet, but we are now out of time to fix our glaring ST, O Line, and running game problems.

TheGiftedApe

TheGiftedApe
Reaction score
I disagree with all you duds, quinn johnson is usually one of our best special teams guys, he made 1 bad play.

my duds:

#57 matt wilhelm, twice I saw this guy get on the field for special teams, and twice he looked lost and didnt even make an effort.

Mason crosby: Even if the incompetent special teams coach tells you to squib kick, that doesnt mean that you do it....Your supposed to have a big leg, BOMB THAT ****.

Bulaga: overall was solid, but once again shows inexperience in the greatest times of need.

Shawn Slocum: seriously man, you should just quit, you are an embarrassment to the Packer organization.

Charlie Peprah: TACKLE THE GUY WITH THE BALL...

Woodson had a great game imo, awesome open field tackling twice he single-handedly stopped the patriots. just cause he dropped a pick doesnt mean he had a bad game...

Reaction score
Studs:

1st half Matt Flynn - wow nice performance in the first half. Very nice composure.

BJ Raji - 2 sacks and he's looking like a 1st rounder. Starting to blow up plays and moves good for a big man.

Desmond Bishop - Two awesome sticks. Who is Nick Barnett again?

John Kuhn - what a hearty gutty performance and did everything you would need to win.

Clay Matthews - kind of a mini stud, but saw him break up a few passes hawking the fifteen TE's NE has.

Duds:

Mike McCarthy - time management at the end of the game cost the packers the game. Not sure this is the guy that can lead the team anywhere anymore. His decisions to call time outs when he did was atrocious. I again put THIS loss on him.

Quinn Johnson - this guys special teams is horrible. He looks like he just wants to block the pile. doesnt help that the ST coach still has a job as the kick coverage is a laughingstock.

Sam Shields - when a TE runs a square out in goaline step in front of him and go 99 the other way instead of getting turned around. Had coverage problems plenty of times. He's young and has talent I'll give him time.

Josh Sitton - is getting pushed backwards on short yardage situations. don't get it why a guard can't bulldoze.

2nd Half Matt Flynn - holding on to the ball too much, throwing into coverage instead of checking down. The pick 6 was a bad throw, although Jones was picked on the play which should have resulted in a flag.

Charles Woodson - starting to get burned on a regular basis yet I'm surprised he's not moved to safety. Couldn't cover TE's tonight. CB has to be a draft concern.

Overall this is the dagger in the Packers season. MM cost them again. The ST unit needs to be blown up and only keep 2 FBs next year. As I watched this game it seemed like the Pats were less than inspired at times, which tells me this game was ripe for the taking. And once again when the situation arose the packers deficits showed up - ST, bad clock management and play calling in crucial situations, and no goalline running scheme. Now the pack has to rely on voodoo mind tricks and statistical anomalies in order to make the playoffs. To me, changes need to be made regarding Offensive Coordinator, OL Coach, ST Coach and quite possibly head coach. Capers stays as he has proven a D can be developed in 2 years. Sad day to be a packer fan.

Mike McCarthy is not a dud. He called a Genius onside kick and allowed the packers to score a lot of points. Sure we had bad clock management but i think it was more of Matt Flynn being inexperienced. Also Josh Sittion had to vs the Best Nose Tackle in the league. Vince Wifork tore through a double team of colledge and wells. I think Sittion did alright considering he single blocked him most of the time

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
can we NOT make this an argument thread on MM? PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe

Do your duds and studs and try not to argue we have enough threads doing that

PackerChef

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just want to point out that for the most part Sitton played great. The announcers even pointed out on numerous occasions that he was doing a good job against one of the best NTs in the game and he was a huge part as to why our running game even functioned. I just think that you have an axe to grind. If anybody on the o-line deserves a dud vote, it's bulaga for missing that blocking assignment during the 2 minute drill.

OP
OP
lambeaulambo

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
can we NOT make this an argument thread on MM? PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe

Do your duds and studs and try not to argue we have enough threads doing that

THANK YOU! Finally someone says something about this. Its for replyers to make their own.

Members online